4 replies to this topic

#1 FoxtrotVIII

FoxtrotVIII

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hello i have a problem with my Pod HD500, and any help would be appreciated.

I have had my HD500 a little over 6 months now and im having a problem with two of my foot switches that are not reliable. It takes a good 10-20 presses to activate/deactivate these two switches, and somtimes i cannot get them to work at all.

I am wondering if there are upgraded switches i can have installed? or maybe a way to repair my current ones? this seems to be a fairly common problem on the HD500.

I see now the HD500X has fixed this problem... maybe there is a trade in deal? or possibly some way to upgrade to those switches? any help or info would be appreciated.

#2 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

This thread has some very good info about the footswitches and explains how you can clean them yourself which often fixes problems like you are describing:  http://line6.com/sup...switch-upgrade/

Hope that helps.

#3 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

I had a similar problem when I owned a X3Live a number of years ago. The foot switches on that model were prone to failure. Mine did and I had to take it in to a service center for repair/replacement foot switches. I don't know if the HD500 uses the same switches or not but they may be. I for one am glad they updated the switches on the HD500X.

#4 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

more good info for fixing your own footswitches

http://line6.com/sup...500/#entry29367

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#5 Bushman2

Bushman2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Had the same problem a couple of months ago.

Found this youtube on X3Live switches which, after opening my HD500 up, are the same switches apparently. *LINK*

I posted this article as well... *LINK*

I ended up sending it in to Line 6 and they fixed it for free, but I still have the switches for when it malfunctions again...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd 500, pod 500, pod hd 500, not working, replacement, foot switches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users