Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX Effects Firmware Update Instructions - Please Read before posting a new thread!

phil_m

9 hours ago, Pompeysie said:

I note that the update instructions state, "Open YOUR CURRENT VERSION of HX Edit (NOT the new HX Edit 2.80)."

Well I'm installing on a new computer. Should I install an older version of HX Edit to do backup before I install 2.80?

Thanks

Simon

Yes, in general you always want to backup up your device before you download and install any new software. That should be the first thing you do with any update. In the case of moving to 2.80 or if you skipped 2.80 and went to 2.81 this was particularly important because once you update your firmware to 2.80 or 2.81 your backups will not be compatible with HX Edit versions prior to 2.80. This is because of the new CORE code rewrite.

Because you are doing this on a new machine if it were me I would install and back up first with the version of HX Edit that matched my current firmware but I tend to be extra careful that way. You could also just use your old computer to do the backup if it has the version of HX Edit on it that matches your current firmware.

Theoretically though you should be able to back up your older version of the firmware with HX Edit 2.81 don't update the firmware first.  Again because I tend to be very cautious during upgrades before upgrading my firmware I always make a backup first with the matching version of HX Edit and then after downloading the latest HX Edit version, in this case 2.81, I make a backup again before upgrading my firmware. That way you have every conceivable version of backups to ensure that you can rollback or troubleshoot if necessary if the new firmware or a failure in your firmware upgrade introduces issues into your old presets.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fmfaysal said:

After updating to the latest firmware, all my preset names are gone in hx stomp. I followed the instructions the presets are there just theres no name, is it a known behavior?

Hi,

This appears to be similar to something posted here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/16083-helix-bug-reports/?page=38&tab=comments#comment-309256

Check the last 5 or 6 posts for ideas.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi, new user here (new, as in my Helix arrives this coming Monday) so I thought I'd do a check to get myself familiar with the update routine and sequence ...BIG MISTAKE... After a couple of hours of reading my head hurts and I'm about ready to send the thing back. 

There seems to be 2 threads that cover updates, one from the FAQs page

...and the one describing the 2.8 update. 

But they contradict and miss out bits so I'm lost as to the correct routine. Further reading of other threads including this one has just confused the issue even more for me. Is there no "Sticky" for new users who wish to update from a brand new untouched Helix?

As an example of my confusions….

...Updater (is it needed anymore? Won't running it, as the original instructions say, just try to install 2.81 and cause some of the issues described in this thread??). HXedit (At what point am I Supposed to install this? Which version? If I'm simply updating to factory settings do I even need to backup settings?). Drivers (install first? second? When?). Firmware (when, which? Straight to 2.81 or one step at a time?) What do I do when connected? What do I need to disconnect for?

...I would just like a clear sequence of downloading and installation and what order to run these downloads in? A "So You Have A New Helix, Start Here" Thread for updating. 

All I want to do is update a pristine unused Helix to the latest firmware version (from whatever firmware it arrives with) without turning my purchase into an expensive footstool. 

Of course I still have several days to read up more but that just seems to confuse everything even more. I even tried the Gearpage Helix thread but seriously 3500 pages!!?? How can you find a specific and upto date piece of information in that?

I've posted my query in here rather than start a new thread because this thread seems to be about updating issues, I hope that was correct. ….Despite my confusion, please believe me, I am looking forward to Monday and getting hands on with my Helix.

1 hour ago, FunnyUser said:

Hi, new user here (new, as in my Helix arrives this coming Monday) so I thought I'd do a check to get myself familiar with the update routine and sequence ...BIG MISTAKE... After a couple of hours of reading my head hurts and I'm about ready to send the thing back. 

There seems to be 2 threads that cover updates, one from the FAQs page

...and the one describing the 2.8 update. 

But they contradict and miss out bits so I'm lost as to the correct routine. Further reading of other threads including this one has just confused the issue even more for me. Is there no "Sticky" for new users who wish to update from a brand new untouched Helix?

As an example of my confusions….

...Updater (is it needed anymore? Won't running it, as the original instructions say, just try to install 2.81 and cause some of the issues described in this thread??). HXedit (At what point am I Supposed to install this? Which version? If I'm simply updating to factory settings do I even need to backup settings?). Drivers (install first? second? When?). Firmware (when, which? Straight to 2.81 or one step at a time?) What do I do when connected? What do I need to disconnect for?

...I would just like a clear sequence of downloading and installation and what order to run these downloads in? A "So You Have A New Helix, Start Here" Thread for updating. 

All I want to do is update a pristine unused Helix to the latest firmware version (from whatever firmware it arrives with) without turning my purchase into an expensive footstool. 

Of course I still have several days to read up more but that just seems to confuse everything even more. I even tried the Gearpage Helix thread but seriously 3500 pages!!?? How can you find a specific and upto date piece of information in that?

I've posted my query in here rather than start a new thread because this thread seems to be about updating issues, I hope that was correct. ….Despite my confusion, please believe me, I am looking forward to Monday and getting hands on with my Helix.

With a new unit, you don't need to worry about creating a backup before updating, so just follow instructions 2 - 4 in the first post in this thread.

When you download HX Edit, the installer will have everything you need. It gives you the latest version of HX Edit, the drivers (if you're using Windows), and the latest version of Line 6 Updater.

You should also do a factory reset after updating just to clear any cobwebs, so to speak. Hold down footswitches 7 & 8 while powering up to do that.

3 minutes ago, FunnyUser said:

Ok. Thank you very much for the reply. That makes things a lot clearer. 

The one thing I should add is that you will get this "boot error" message while updating to 2.81 (assuming your new unit has a pre-2.80 firmware installed on it). Just hit the "OK" prompt in Updater, and the update will continue. This isn't necessarily part of the normal update process. It's just something that they had to do because of some internal architecture changes with the 2.80 update. So don't panic when you see this screen:

MoveAlong.jpg

Ok. So my Helix arrived early (Yay, Mr. Postie) and I've now done the update. All good.

Two things to mention though.

1. The Updater in the package is now out of date so I updated the Updater to version 1.18 before running it. 

2.  I didn't get the boot failure screen (or if I did it must have been very fleeting) For the most part I simply had a black screen with "Helix Firmware Updating" or some message very much like that.

I did have to confirm half way through but there were no issues and my Helix went from v2.30 to v2.81.1 without any problems.

And I'd just like to thank Phil for pointing me in the right direction for where to begin. Very helpful. Thanks.

….and now I'm off to get lost in the option paralysis of a newbie with new stuff to tinker with. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

FunnyUser's posts above describe exactly where I'm at. I have a brand new Helix(floor) which I've played around with, but have made no modifications or changes to anything. Just a "test drive" so to speak. It is running firmware version 2.30. I have downloaded the latest version of HX Edit(2.82) and Updater (1.18) and appear to have created a successful back up on my laptop which is running Windows 10. I was about to do the firmware update when I came across this in the FAQS:

Helix/HX 2.82 Release Notes

Helix/HX Firmware 2.82, HX Edit 2.82, and Helix Native 1.82 contain numerous bug fixes and is strongly recommended for all Helix and HX users.

As 2.80 (released 18. July 2019) contained massive changes to the underlying Helix architecture, it required a fairly involved double-update procedure. Once your Helix/HX hardware has been updated to 2.80, however, it's much simpler to update to newer versions. Therefore, we've provided two distinct update procedures, depending on the current firmware of your Helix/HX hardware.

If you're not sure which firmware your Helix/HX hardware is running, just restart it and look at the display.

Updating to 2.82 from 2.80 or 2.81 (READ ME!)

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp

IMPORTANT! The following instructions are only for those who've already successfully updated their Helix/HX Hardware to 2.80. If you're running 2.71 or earlier, skip down to "Updating to 2.81 from 2.71 or Earlier (READ ME!)".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will I really need to update to 2.80 first?

In order to do that, will I need to uninstall the HX Edit 2.82 and use version 2.80 or an earlier version? Should I dump the back up?

In this case, would the sequence of events go something like this....?

1. Uninstall HX Edit 2.82

2. Download HX Edit 2.80 and run update

3.Create back up with HX Edit 2.80

4.Uninstall HX Edit 2.80

5. Download HX Edit 2.82 and run update.

6. Create back up with HX Edit 2.82

My apologies if I'm being redundant, I'm an old guy and not very tech savvy.

Thanks much.

RB

13 hours ago, rbbyrd said:

Hi all.

FunnyUser's posts above describe exactly where I'm at. I have a brand new Helix(floor) which I've played around with, but have made no modifications or changes to anything. Just a "test drive" so to speak. It is running firmware version 2.30. I have downloaded the latest version of HX Edit(2.82) and Updater (1.18) and appear to have created a successful back up on my laptop which is running Windows 10. I was about to do the firmware update when I came across this in the FAQS:

Hi,

As you have a box fresh unit that you have given a test drive, I guess that you will have no custom presets to backup. Therefore, you can go ahead and update straight to 2.82 using the Updater that you installed along with HX Edit 2.82. Make sure that HX Edit is not running when you start to update. In fact don’t have anything on the USB that may interfere with the installation. As mentioned in the release notes - about half way through the process you may encounter the “Boot Failure” message, simply click OK and continue.

The post from “phil_m” in answer to FunnyUser’s post may be worth a read also.

Have fun.

Yo! Does anybody have a clue on how to update the firmware, in offline mode, for Helix Stomp? I've tried running the installer, chose offline and now it's requesting path for a file. Where's this file? I've downloaded the most recent HX Edit Updater. All it installed was HX Edit (2.81) and Line 6 Updater (1.18).

6 minutes ago, absde said:

Yo! Does anybody have a clue on how to update the firmware, in offline mode, for Helix Stomp? I've tried running the installer, chose offline and now it's requesting path for a file. Where's this file? I've downloaded the most recent HX Edit Updater. All it installed was HX Edit (2.81) and Line 6 Updater (1.18).

You'd have to download the actual flash file (select "Flash Memory" in the middle pulldown menu in the Downloads link above) and save it somewhere. It has a .hxf extension.

Is there a reason you want to do the update in Offline Mode?

Don't have internet access at home and I'd rather not try to update at a coffee shop for fear of corruption. I did download the flash memory file and I hope that it's the correct one! Hx_Stomp_v2.82.0_bdc0fd815_bundle.hxf. Actually I have both the one I mentioned and Hx Stomp_v2.80-rc2_80ce40825_bundle.hxf (which seems to be required before the v2.82). My HX Stomp is currently on v2.71. I'm already using HX Edit 2.81 and it's communicating quite well with the Stomp. Anyone see any potential problems creeping up with this scenario?

17 minutes ago, absde said:

Don't have internet access at home and I'd rather not try to update at a coffee shop for fear of corruption. I did download the flash memory file and I hope that it's the correct one! Hx_Stomp_v2.82.0_bdc0fd815_bundle.hxf. Actually I have both the one I mentioned and Hx Stomp_v2.80-rc2_80ce40825_bundle.hxf (which seems to be required before the v2.82). My HX Stomp is currently on v2.71. I'm already using HX Edit 2.81 and it's communicating quite well with the Stomp. Anyone see any potential problems creeping up with this scenario?

You don't need to install 2.80 before installing 2.82. Just go straight to 2.82.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, loupolitini said:

wondering if anyone has experienced the following issue. 

Hi, 

This is now normal behaviour for Apple Mac Operating Systems - you have just encountered the “Gatekeeper” which is built into the OS to protect you from malware.

Rather than go through typing out the process of getting past this situation, I will give you a link to Apple’s own page on how to deal with this stuff. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202491

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

What about people who did not think to come here and read about all this hassle before attempting to update?

What about people who just thought they would update and never expected to have their device become unusable?

What will Line-6 do for these people?

In a world where the vast majority of the population is conditioned to "enable automatic updates" on every device from soup to nuts does Line-6 really expect people to approach an update with fear and trepidation?

"Oh my goodness ... an update?  That's so scary.  It's so unusual and completely out of the ordinary.  I'd better double check and triple check and quadruple check to see if it will render my Helix unusable."

I will repeat the question, just in case somebody missed the point.
What will Line-6 do for normal everyday people who got screwed out of being able to use their unit because Line-6 doesn't know how to make updating safe?

1 hour ago, MGW-Alberta said:

I will repeat the question, just in case somebody missed the point.
What will Line-6 do for normal everyday people who got screwed out of being able to use their unit because Line-6 doesn't know how to make updating safe?

Have you opened a support ticket? That's the first thing they will do - provide support until the issue is resolved.

On 11/4/2019 at 7:43 AM, silverhead said:

Have you opened a support ticket? That's the first thing they will do - provide support until the issue is resolved.

Yes. I did.

After quite a number of fruitless efforts the actual fix was finally arrived at.

The final fix was a completely different approach from all the other efforts which were basically nothing more than "try it again now."

For anybody else who might be pulling their hair out making countless attempts that yield no result I can tell you that the eventual solution involved manually removing all related software from the computer and purging all evidence of it left behind in the form of driver files and system and environment files and then reloading from scratch.

Even then, it still took a couple of attempts.

The fix was not a simple task and it could not have been done by any kind of automated process or app.

It had to be done manually and it's not a job for the average layman without a lot of help.

Get your support ticket started, be prepared to wait a long time for them to get back to you and try, try, try to get them to jump to the end as quickly as possible because the first 20 steps are all BS.

I have "closed" the support ticket but just because the situation is resolved does not mean I am going to retract my earlier sentiment.

In fact, if anything, this experience has permanently cemented my opinion that Line 6  needs to spend a WHOLE lot more time making the update process simple, reliable and painless and a whole lot less time working on bells and whistles.

There is absolutely no excuse for this unacceptable situation and expecting people in this day and age to tiptoe on eggshells around a common, everyday occurrence like a software update is unreasonable.

Here is the lesson I have taken away from all of this.

It is my intention to fabricate some kind of cover for the USB port on the back of my Helix.

Something that is not permanent but is still a complete nuisance to remove.

Something to remind myself (because I will probably forget six months down the road) that there is a 99.9% chance I will be better off not updating at all and just leaving it the hell alone.

I have no intention of ever repeating this experience unless it is absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MGW-Alberta said:

It is my intention to fabricate some kind of cover for the USB port on the back of my Helix.

Something to remind myself (because I will probably forget six months down the road) that there is a 99.9% chance I will be better off not updating at all and just leaving it the hell alone.

I have no intention of ever repeating this experience unless it is absolutely necessary.

I understand your frustration, but many, many people manage to update the firmware without any issues. Your problems seem to have stemmed from the configuration of your particular computer. I really don’t think that Line 6 can guarantee the installation routine will succeed on every variation of any operating system that may have been modified by the user. 

As you seem to be really intent on making life a lot more difficult than it already is, here’s a small solution to negate you having to fabricate anything.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WURTH-ELEKTRONIK-726141003-DUST-COVER-USB-TYPE-B/181208881293?epid=653419906&hash=item2a30e4188d:g:EY0AAOxyUI1TIj8I

Hope this helps.

There is nothing wrong with my computer.

There was nothing wrong with my computer before this odyssey either.

There was something wrong with the Helix files that the Line 6 download website installed.

That had nothing to do with me nor was it the fault of my computer.

That was all on Line 6.

100%

If you think I am intent on making life difficult then you completely missed the point of what I was saying.

Line 6 software was making things difficult.

Not me.

I just wanted it to be resolved and be over and go back to being happy with my device.

Now I want to make my life less difficult in the future.

That is the reason why I want to put a deterrent in place to jog my memory and remind me not to update again.

I do not need to repeat that aggravation.

I don't know why I did update, to be perfectly honest.

My Helix was working and serving me well.

There was no need.

The only reason I plugged it into the computer at all was to upload some archived patches onto the unit.

I should have just done that and left it at that.

Hopefully, I won't make that mistake again.

Thank you for the link.

I may get that little plug and put it to good use.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, MGW-Alberta said:

What about people who did not think to come here and read about all this hassle before attempting to update?

What about people who just thought they would update and never expected to have their device become unusable?

What will Line-6 do for these people?

@MGW-AlbertaYou end up where you ended up,....seems pretty simple  and you couldn't figure that out.

you're at fault for not educating yourself ahead of time, so is everyone else that put themselves in that boat buds.  

you're lucky to have the support of this community and line 6 to resolve your short comings on being prepared. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, MGW-Alberta said:

There is nothing wrong with my computer.

There was nothing wrong with my computer before this odyssey either.

There was something wrong with the Helix files that the Line 6 download website installed.

That had nothing to do with me nor was it the fault of my computer.

That was all on Line 6.

100%

If you think I am intent on making life difficult then you completely missed the point of what I was saying.

Line 6 software was making things difficult.

Not me.

I just wanted it to be resolved and be over and go back to being happy with my device. 

Now I want to make my life less difficult in the future.

That is the reason why I want to put a deterrent in place to jog my memory and remind me not to update again.

I do not need to repeat that aggravation. 

I don't know why I did update, to be perfectly honest.

My Helix was working and serving me well.

There was no need.

The only reason I plugged it into the computer at all was to upload some archived patches onto the unit.

I should have just done that and left it at that.

Hopefully, I won't make that mistake again.

Thank you for the link.

I may get that little plug and put it to good use. 

I did not break my CPU

I did not break my mod'ler too

The blame does not belong with me

The blame is all Line 6 you see

They did not make it good enough

The written guide was just too tough

I do not care that others win

Its hard for me, and that's a sin

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dghogan said:

I just decided to try once more to update my Helix LT . It is version 2.54. Do I need to update every previous version or can I get everything in those versions I missed by updating to straight to  2.82 . 

I was able to upgrade all the way to 2.81.1 I had to do it one at a time. Now I get an error message everytime I try to download 2.82. Using the same usb cable that worked on all previous versions and same usb port. Restarted editor and helix LT, several times but same error message.  Loaded HX Editor 2.82 and updater 1.18 . Guess I,ll have to be happy with 2.81.1

2 hours ago, dghogan said:

I was able to upgrade all the way to 2.81.1 I had to do it one at a time. Now I get an error message everytime I try to download 2.82. Using the same usb cable that worked on all previous versions and same usb port. Restarted editor and helix LT, several times but same error message.  Loaded HX Editor 2.82 and updater 1.18 . Guess I,ll have to be happy with 2.81.1

Hi,

O.K. You managed to update to 2.81, but fail with 2.82.

Your post is a little unclear about how you are attempting to do the update. When you say “Now I get an error message everytime I try to download 2.82” does that mean “download” via the internet from the Line 6 software download page or do you actually mean “update the Helix LT Firmware”. They are quite different issues and you don’t tell us what the exact error message says.

You also state “Restarted editor and helix LT, several times but same error message”. The firmware and HX Edit version must be the same revision number - ie 2.82. Also, HX Edit must be closed while running the update installer software or it will fail.

You also don’t mention what computer and operating system you are using - all this stuff is helpful when trying to figure out what is happening.

Full instructions for the v2.82 firmware update are available here:

Hope this helps/makes sense

Edited by datacommando
Link to release notes added

6 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

O.K. You managed to update to 2.81, but fail with 2.82.

Your post is a little unclear about how you are attempting to do the update. When you say “Now I get an error message everytime I try to download 2.82” does that mean “download” via the internet from the Line 6 software download page or do you actually mean “update the Helix LT Firmware”. They are quite different issues and you don’t tell us what the exact error message says.

You also state “Restarted editor and helix LT, several times but same error message”. The firmware and HX Edit version must be the same revision number - ie 2.82. Also, HX Edit must be closed while running the update installer software or it will fail.

You also don’t mention what computer and operating system you are using - all this stuff is helpful when trying to figure out what is happening.

Full instructions for the v2.82 firmware update are available here:

Hope this helps/makes sense

Hi, Thanks for the reply.....I did the process as discribed. I downloaded the new 2.82 editor, which also gave me 1.18 installer. Closed the editor so it would not be on at the same time when trying to upgrade to 2.82 firmware. I am on a windows machine running windows 7. The HX Editor is 2.82 and The firmware I'm trying to update to is also 2.82. 

When I choose my Helix lt in the green box on the installer, i get a screen with download options and since I already did this multable times to work my way up to 2.82, That's the one i choose. It's the only one left...... I then agree to the terms and conditions and the next screen starts the little circle only to stop with the ERROR screen message to turn my unit off and then back on, try a different cable, different port, etc. which I have done but it still gives me the error. Remember I stated that I couldn't load 2.82 from my old firmware of 2.54. I had to do 2.60, then 2.71 (or whatever was next) all the way to 2.80, then 2.81, then 2.81.1 where I am now. If the cable and port I'm using already worked for 4 previous firmware upgrades then I would assume that the port and cable are good. 

I would then close the installer, (not the editor sorry for the confusion)....I meant the installer.. , restart the helix lt, open the installer again, go thru the motions as instructed and same thing.....Thanks for your time, D

On 12/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, dghogan said:

Remember I stated that I couldn't load 2.82 from my old firmware of 2.54. I had to do 2.60, then 2.71 (or whatever was next) all the way to 2.80, then 2.81, then 2.81.1 where I am now. If the cable and port I'm using already worked for 4 previous firmware upgrades then I would assume that the port and cable are good. 

Hi again,

i must have been asleep at the wheel again, because I have only just realised that you are having trouble with v.281.1 firmware which was only for the  Helix LT model. 

I would suggest that you may need to perform a reset on your hardware to blow out any bugs in the unit before you try to take your firmware to the next stage. 

Assuming that you have a backup copy of everything you regard as important - try a hardware reset:

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note:Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Suggest that you try 10 & 11 first, as the switch to 2.8 and above was quite intensive “brain surgery” for the Helix family.

Also, search this forum by typing “2.81.1 in the search box at the top of the page and trawl through the replies.

Good luck!

Hi there.

I already own a Line 6 HX Stomp with the latest update. I´m thinking to buy a second hand Helix LT, but I have seen that the LT has much less effects tham the HX Stomp (lack the Legacy ones and some more others).

If I update the Helix LT to the latest update would I have also ALL the same effects than in the HX Stomp, or the LT has the effects library limited ?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Arraun said:

Hi there.

I already own a Line 6 HX Stomp with the latest update. I´m thinking to buy a second hand Helix LT, but I have seen that the LT has much less effects tham the HX Stomp (lack the Legacy ones and some more others).

If I update the Helix LT to the latest update would I have also ALL the same effects than in the HX Stomp, or the LT has the effects library limited ?

Thank you.

All the hardware and Native has all the same amps, cabs and effects (except for the HX Effects, which has no amps and cabs).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, MGW-Alberta said:

Hey man, I am about to get sucked in this process. Just opened a support ticket and Ill bet I will go down this road my own. Instead of making music I spent now 3 hours trying to get my helix working again, without success. I cry myself into sleep now...

UPDATE: Here is what I did with success: I change the long USB cable to a short one. Helix went in to Update Mode and I startet the latest update. It worked. If nothing works - get a shorter USB Cable. THANKS underwoodblog!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody been losing effects on there Helix? I'll create a patch and store it in one of my files, and then later on when I want to edit the patch

like to pick a different distortion or chorus, I wont be able to pick them from the list. the names will be there in the list in very light font. but it won't let me pick

them. I've tried re updating to version 2.82 and I'll have the same thing happen. do I need to go back to an old software version and re do the update to 2.82?

1 hour ago, tommyfx1963 said:

Has anybody been losing effects on there Helix? I'll create a patch and store it in one of my files, and then later on when I want to edit the patch

like to pick a different distortion or chorus, I wont be able to pick them from the list. the names will be there in the list in very light font. but it won't let me pick

them. I've tried re updating to version 2.82 and I'll have the same thing happen. do I need to go back to an old software version and re do the update to 2.82?

That means there isn't enough DSP left on the processor path you're on to load that effect (one processor serves Paths 1A and 2A, and the other serves path 2A and 2B). If you're on Path 1, you can access Path 2 by changing the Output Block for Path 1 to go to Path 2A.

qZPDX4J.png

On 7/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, DimSam said:

I'm having a weird issue.I updated succesfully to 2.80 but when I try to update to 2.80.1 , I get this 

''HX Effects Firmware Update Suspended

HX Effects did not reset instructing it to enter DFU mode.

1.Click 'OK', then cycle power the unit.''

and if i try to enter by holding down the ''>'' button  the hx effects screens are all blank.

If you have changed the main board at some point, there is a security chip that needs to be transferred from the old board to allow updates, please refer to a Yamaha

/Line 6 service centre..