Sign in to follow this  
gtrman100

Helix/DT amp integration on the way!

If anyone has been checking out the information coming out of NAAM, Line 6 has announced that (finally!) with the release of Helix Core, DT amps will be fully integrated through the Line 6 Link connection. It will connect fully just like the HD series does, so you can control topology, class a/ab, triode pentode and preamp model. An added bonus is that you will be able to control all these parameters via Snapshot on the Helix. So cool!

so happy i  didn't sell my 2 DT 25 amps , line 6 rocks i thought it would never happen, i wounder how far they will good with this, imagine all the amps in helix  this is going to be good

26 minutes ago, Matt_Brown said:

Nothing in the press about this....

???? Here it is......

Looking for some clarification on how much DT control you will get from 2.80.  Will it be just front panel stuff or will we be able to control the preamp/reverb/cabinet/Other settings inside the amp that are currently only controllable via user created apps.

DI said (quoted from TGP):

"We have a definition, but it's not 100% set in stone yet. So far it's a total of 12 parameters, so not everything, but certainly the important stuff.

I should stress that implementation is *nothing like* how DT works with POD HD." (!!!)

DI on TGP:

"None of this is 100% set in stone, but here's how we hope DT integration will work:
From the Output block, page over until you see the DT parameters. Knob 1 determines whether DT control is Off, Per Preset, or Global. Knob 2 focuses any subsequent parameters to control DT#1, DT#2, or Both (for linked stereo operation). The remaining parameters act as remote switches/knobs for the focused DT(s): Channel (A assumes modeling from Helix, B activates the DT preamp models), Topology I/II/III/IV, Power Amp Class A/Class A/B, Tube Config Pentode/Triode, Cab Voicing On/Off, Reverb Type, Reverb Mix, 12AX7 Boost Bypass/Enable [DT50 only], Feedback Cap X/Y [DT50 only], and B+ Voltage Low/High [DT50 only].
There's no automapping of DT parameters to the current amp model in Helix. (How could it? You can add four amps.) There's no auto-linking of bypass states. It's just a glorified remote control, albeit one with preset recall and where any parameter can be assigned to a controller or snapshot in three seconds. Clearly different, but IMHO, way cleaner and easier to grok than what we did before."

In response to DI's comments on TGP.

I am just a simple man....  In the old days, I hooked up  the HD 500x to my dt25 or dt50.  I'd create and/or select a tone from the HD 500x, and using the Line 6 link connection, I would hear that tone through the dt amp.  The amp and tone sounded amazing together!

No matter what tone I switched to, the HD 500x and amp worked great together.  Somehow the HD 500x would figure out what voice and channel was needed on the amp to match the tone.

When the Helix came along, some knowledgeable users were able to manipulate settings on the Helix to achieve similar results.  I was never able to get it to work.  However, hooking up my dt amps to the helix using the Line 6 Link connection seemed to work fine and the direct link produced great tones.  However, as good as it sounded, I knew the Helix was not optimizing the amp for the best possible sounds.

So in English, can't the upcoming Helix update just determine the best dt configuration to match the modeled amp?  I am not sure after reading the above passage from DI if an automatic command or commands sent to the hd amp will be offered, but it sounds like it won't be.

• Upvote 1

Helix here I come!!!!

This is great news. I think the DT25 is a killer amp with any effects processor.

L6 please get the english guy that does the YouTube videos to explain this. He is awesome.