Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wizardman

How do you import 3rd party IR's to the powercab plus?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, wizardman said:

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

 

I am having the same problem. I get a message that says...

 

"Impulse response Import failure.

 

Impulse response Import failed. Please try Again".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to download Powercab Firmware 2.0 that was released today. Maybe that helps …

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New firmware doen't help. The Powercab only accepts IRs with specific properties, namely "48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples". I have a bunch of IRs that are useless with Powercab + because they won't import. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it out a few days ago, either – the PC+ did accept most of the IRs that I use with my Helix, but there comes no sound out of the Powercab. The feature of imported IRs is really useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem.

 

I have two PowerCab Plus's and did the update without issue, upgraded my PowerCab Edit software but now can't load IR's into either unit. I downloaded the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but still no luck.

 

I tried to load the Allure IR's just to make sure that wasn't the problem and those also fail to load. The IR's are the same ones I have loaded in my Helix. This is the error message I see:

 

image.png.57a474379aa8cfa4a2c6d601e75420d4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, johnrjackson said:

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

 

Thanks

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

 

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rocco_Crocco said:

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

 

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

 

No problems here as well so it can’t be a bug. Just really picky about sample rate etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem here. I bought Celestion IRs and tried to import both the Line6 formatted IRs and 48k, 24 bit, but can't even select the file from the import screen since its greyed out. Also tried the Allure IR wav files which came pre loaded in the Power Cab +. but those won't load either.

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 5.24.49 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to work for me. I am able to load Celestion IRs into my PowerCab 112 Plus. But they must be 48k, 200 ms, and Mono. Any of the other Celestion IR formats fail to load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, wizardman said:

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

 

 

I am having the same problem. I get a message that says...

 

"Impulse response Import failure.

 

Impulse response Import failed. Please try Again".

 

Has anyone has tried first loading the IRs that are not working in the Powercab to their HX device, e.g. Helix? Let the Helix do the IR conversion to its native format as it accepts a wide range of IR formats. If it exports into Helix's preferred format(48kHz, 16-bit, mono, up to 2048 samples) then an export of the IR from the Helix and load into the Powercab might work just fine.

 

Ideally the exported IRs from the Helix will match the format required by the Powercab. The spec required for IRs appears to be the same for both the Helix and the Powercab so I suppose it may come down to the backup format Line6 uses when it exports IRs from the Helix. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works. My Powercab is still on the way. If it does work my only concern would be that the  IR export from the Helix remained a high quality and fairly accurate representation of the original IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, HonestOpinion said:

 

 

Has anyone has tried first loading the IRs that are not working in the Powercab to their HX device, e.g. Helix? Let the Helix do the IR conversion to its native format as it accepts a wide range of IR formats. If it exports into Helix's preferred format(48kHz, 16-bit, mono, up to 2048 samples) then an export of the IR from the Helix and load into the Powercab might work just fine.

 

Ideally the exported IRs from the Helix will match the format required by the Powercab. The spec required for IRs appears to be the same for both the Helix and the Powercab so I suppose it may come down to the backup format Line6 uses when it exports IRs from the Helix. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works. My Powercab is still on the way. If it does work my only concern would be that the  IR export from the Helix remained a high quality and fairly accurate representation of the original IR.

It doesn't work. The exported IR is probably the original file non-truncated.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

It doesn't work. The exported IR is probably the original file non-truncated.

 

Thanks for trying! Disappointing and surprising that doesn't work. Maybe a third party convertor is going to prove to be the way to go until and if Line6 widens the breadth of IRs it can import on the PC+.

 

Don't think the exported IR is a non-truncated version though, more likely truncated and potentially format modified, at least from stereo to mono, depending on what was originally imported. Who knows what goes on behind the curtain though. I've actually been curious for a while about what exactly the Helix exports in its IR files as I wondered if it was better to load the original IRs or the backups. Probably doesn't make a difference unless the Helix converts its IR backups again when they are loaded and makes each iteration of load slightly more different from the original. Seems unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

 

Thanks for trying! Disappointing and surprising that doesn't work. Maybe a third party convertor is going to prove to be the way to go until and if Line6 widens the breadth of IRs it can import on the PC+.

 

Don't think the exported IR is a non-truncated version though, more likely truncated and potentially format modified, at least from stereo to mono, depending on what was originally imported. Who knows what goes on behind the curtain though. I've actually been curious for a while about what exactly the Helix exports in its IR files as I wondered if it was better to load the original IRs or the backups. Probably doesn't make a difference unless the Helix converts its IR backups again when they are loaded and makes each iteration of load slightly more different from the original. Seems unlikely.

I was a bit dissapointed about it at first. I have all these Freman IRs that really sounded great that I couldn't load into the PC. I actually found some other IRs that work really well with the Powercab, so its all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...