Sign in to follow this  
wizardman

How do you import 3rd party IR's to the powercab plus?

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, wizardman said:

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

I am having the same problem. I get a message that says...

"Impulse response Import failure.

Impulse response Import failed. Please try Again".

Try to download Powercab Firmware 2.0 that was released today. Maybe that helps …

New firmware doen't help. The Powercab only accepts IRs with specific properties, namely "48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples". I have a bunch of IRs that are useless with Powercab + because they won't import. 

I tried it out a few days ago, either – the PC+ did accept most of the IRs that I use with my Helix, but there comes no sound out of the Powercab. The feature of imported IRs is really useless.

I'm having the same problem.

I have two PowerCab Plus's and did the update without issue, upgraded my PowerCab Edit software but now can't load IR's into either unit. I downloaded the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but still no luck.

I tried to load the Allure IR's just to make sure that wasn't the problem and those also fail to load. The IR's are the same ones I have loaded in my Helix. This is the error message I see:

image.png.57a474379aa8cfa4a2c6d601e75420d4.png

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

Thanks

11 hours ago, johnrjackson said:

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

Thanks

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rocco_Crocco said:

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

No problems here as well so it can’t be a bug. Just really picky about sample rate etc.