Jump to content
avanbaelen

No "Mode" Option - Stuck in Snapshot

Recommended Posts

Updated Firmware to 2.81 on my Helix Floor.

I usually keep my Helix in "8 Snapshot mode" and will press both up and down bank/preset switches to return to preset mode. This doesn't seem to work anymore.  Usually you can toggle the Mode button (FS6) but that is no longer available and it only displays "cancel". If I try to change the "Preset Mode Switches" to "Stomp/Preset' or any other setting in the global settings nothing happens either. 

 

I've reset global settings and restored factory presets numerous times but it hasn't helped. Anyone experience this or have a clue? 

 

Thanks in advance!

 

***Update - Resetting the global settings via the LCD menu did not correct this however when I did a Global reset with the button combination (FS5 and FS6) the "Cancel/Mode" button started working properly. To perform that reset turn off the helix then hold FS5 and FS6 and then turn it back on. This does a "Global Reset".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same over here. Stucked into snapshot mode after 2.81. The CANCEL switch is not bringing me back to the mode mode and i can´t also go to stomp mode anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RobertBuchholtz said:

The same over here. Stucked into snapshot mode after 2.81. The CANCEL switch is not bringing me back to the mode mode and i can´t also go to stomp mode anymore...

 

Hi,

 

Hold down Foot Switches 5 & 6 while powering up your Helix. Release the switches once you see the start up screen and the message saying the Globals are being reset. 

 

 

Hope this helps / makes sense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, avanbaelen said:

Resetting the global settings via the LCD menu did not correct this

 

Hi,

 

 I’m glad that you managed to get your Helix back to a fully functioning state.

 

I was intrigued by you saying, “Resetting the global settings via the LCD menu”, then I realised  you must have meant changing the parameters with the knobs whilst on  the Global Preferences screen. That had me confused for a moment, because although you maybe able to change those settings, it doesn’t change the situation. As you have discovered, in order to clear such a ”glitch”, you really need to perform a hard reset of the Global Settings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, after a while, it happened again... From time to time, it freezes at the snapshot mode and unable to come back to stomp mode (only performing a global reset it comes back). It's definitely a new glitch in the 2.81 firmware that I never experienced before with any previous firmware ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar problem.

I use the stomp(upper switches)/snap(lower switches) 8 switches mode.

When I press a bank switch, I can select a preset via the lower switches.

From time to time it happened, when I have selected a preset, it still shows the preset names and not the snapshots.

But I don't have to reset global settings, only a reboot. I think there is some bug in 2.81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has happened to me 3 times now. It won't return to preset/stomp mode unless I do a global reset. Has is been reported as a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem over here...

 

Still no update...??? Anoying. I hope this won't happen while gigging, cause global resetting the device also erases my own built patches... lollipop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 11:20 AM, thomasDS said:

hope this won't happen while gigging, cause global resetting the device also erases my own built patches...

 

Well that's a first. I have never heard of anyone wiping their own custom patches with a Global Reset - unless, of course, what you really mean is "User Error"?

 

It is possible to do a Global Reset without erasing user presets by holding down FS 5&6 while powering up your Helix.

 

Here’s a list of Reset Options if you need them, which I guess you do!

 

Make a copy, print it out and keep it in your gig bag!

 

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

2

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

  • Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another problem. Whyle im switching my snapshots, there is no changing in lights and display information. BUT! Sound is changing as it should change on current snapshot. Also when im changing block settings nothing going on on display and the same, sound is changing. Did global reset, preset rebuild, update from backup. Nothing helps. One more thing i noticed, if i select snapshot then press HOME information on the screen will change for current snapshot. AND if i change all effects from blocks to different LED will work properly and LCD too. Looks like there is some coflict between blocks\effects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, xinkiex said:

Here is another problem. Whyle im switching my snapshots, there is no changing in lights and display information. BUT! Sound is changing as it should change on current snapshot. Also when im changing block settings nothing going on on display and the same, sound is changing. Did global reset, preset rebuild, update from backup. Nothing helps. One more thing i noticed, if i select snapshot then press HOME information on the screen will change for current snapshot. AND if i change all effects from blocks to different LED will work properly and LCD too. Looks like there is some coflict between blocks\effects

now its getting worse, i cannot see what parameters im editing

Here how it looks like

 

Snapshot glitch

http://imgur.com/gallery/Essizzv

 

Effect settings glitch

http://imgur.com/gallery/kL9fqeB

 

Is it possible to roll back to 2.71?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xinkiex said:

now its getting worse, i cannot see what parameters im editing

Here how it looks like

 

Snapshot glitch

http://imgur.com/gallery/Essizzv

 

Effect settings glitch

http://imgur.com/gallery/kL9fqeB

 

Is it possible to roll back to 2.71?

 

Have you tried doing a FS7 & FS8 reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xinkiex said:

Is it possible to roll back to 2.71?

 

Yes... you cash roll back to any version you want. Just select 2.71 in L6 Updater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xinkiex said:

now its getting worse, i cannot see what parameters im editing

 

I can understand the frustration, but the “scattergun” approach of posting the same issue in different areas of the forum just causes confusion.

 

I had already posted a possible solution in another area, but I have no idea if you have tried the fix. I have also posted a similar set of reset procedures higher up in this thread. The same reset option has been posted here by “phil_m” and the roll back option has been described by “crusinon2”. Please advise us when the situation changes, preferably in a single thread.

 

TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Global resets are not a “fix’ - this issue is recurrent, widespread, and unacceptable. Line 6 tech support also says global reset and when asked if this a version bug they said nobody else has had an issue. Hello? Line 6 you need to address and fix this quickly please - it’s been weeks and while the improvements in this release are nice, the mode latching is not acceptable and should have been addressed immediately; can’t do a “global reset” in the middle of a gig...

 

We deserve better response / communication than this...

 

Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have this issue.  Been told to reset as others have, but it doesn't work.  It's a fairly big issue for me and is making it difficult to use my Helix.

Hope we get this sorted soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 12:24 AM, RobertBuchholtz said:

The same over here. Stucked into snapshot mode after 2.81. The CANCEL switch is not bringing me back to the mode mode and i can´t also go to stomp mode anymore...

It happened to me once . Did global reset with Fs 5 & 6 and after I did restore global settings from backup .

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a Global reset and after that I could exit at least the snapshot mode (but not to snapshots but to the signal chain mode, with the stomps and so). Thanks for the tip anyway...

Problem is still though, when I want to see my Presets again It only works with the bank up and down switches. But when I press up, the presets shown are the ones one bank below (so when I press bank up from snapshot mode, it goes from bank 1 where I was to bank 31 and 32), and when I press down the presets shown are the ones 2 banks higher (so the banks 3 and 4). Doesn't make any sense. This is completely random lollipop.

Hence I still can't quit from snapshot mode in bank 1 on my preset 1 back to the bank overview (preset mode) on bank 1-2. Only possible to change to banks 31-32 and banks 3-4. 

This is pointless....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a complete factory reset and then restored my backup. Now it works again. What a huge relief. Unfortunately it seems like there are some weird display bugs that disappear quickly though. 
I will keep you informed,
keep on rocking guys
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for 2.82...

 

Any idea if this will be released soon???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomasDS said:

Still waiting for 2.82...

 

Any idea if this will be released soon???

 

It was released last week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

It was released last week.

 

 

 

Shame that this information wasn’t put into the pinned thread, along with all the other firmware update posts. It would have made it easier to spot for a newbie poster, such as brother Thomas, above. In fact it would have made it easier for many more Helix users, both old and new.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of days after I reset my helix, the same problems started again. I couldn't get out the snapshot mode properly. 
I'm in the middle of doing the update to 2.82. I will write again after I verified this hopefully fixed the bug....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Resetting, updating, a couple of restarts, restoring the  backup and restarting again it rebuilded the presets. An after that it is the same old problem. Bank up + bank down together don't work anymore. Now at least it stays in the same bank when I press one of the bank buttons. Damn this is such an annoying problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, supertonic_jack said:

After Resetting, updating, a couple of restarts, restoring the  backup and restarting again it rebuilded the presets. An after that it is the same old problem. Bank up + bank down together don't work anymore. Now at least it stays in the same bank when I press one of the bank buttons. Damn this is such an annoying problem

 

What do you mean Bank Up and Bank Down don't work anymore? What aren't they doing? Are you not able to enter and exit Snapshot Mode? You installed the 2.82 update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any mention of a solution for the "stuck in snapshot mode"-problem listed in the description of bug fixes for 2.82... This is a recurring problem AND terribly anoying while gigging... I hope there will be a solution provided shortly

 

When i do a global reset, the problem is gone, but also are some general parameters i tweaked... This is a real pain in the lollipop while on stage and doing a global reset just isn't a solution. There should be a fundamental sollution for a product like this very soon...

 

I've also encountered some other display errors and the bank up down don't work in the correct order when in stomp or snapshot mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, thomasDS said:

I don't see any mention of a solution for the "stuck in snapshot mode"-problem listed in the description of bug fixes for 2.82... This is a recurring problem AND terribly anoying while gigging... I hope there will be a solution provided shortly

 

When i do a global reset, the problem is gone, but also are some general parameters i tweaked... This is a real pain in the lollipop while on stage and doing a global reset just isn't a solution. There should be a fundamental sollution for a product like this very soon...

 

I've also encountered some other display errors and the bank up down don't work in the correct order when in stomp or snapshot mode...

 

If you update from a pre-2.80 firmware to a post-2.80 firmware, your Global Settings will be reset. If you create a backup and restore from backup, those setttings will be restored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

If you update from a pre-2.80 firmware to a post-2.80 firmware, your Global Settings will be reset. If you create a backup and restore from backup, those setttings will be restored.

 

 

This answer is completely beside the question. I need to perform a global reset when my Helix stuck in snapshot mode. The point is that this is that this "stuck in snapshot" mode is a huge problem while gigging. It costs way to much time when on stage to perform a global reset + some of my global settings are restored to factory reset. I can hardly perform a backup restoration while on stage. 

 

The display errors and bank up/down switch problems are inconvenient but I can deal with that when playing live. It costs me some extra foot taps however and one would expect better from one of the flagship models of a company...

 

The point is that performing a global reset + having to restore my backup is not a solution for a recurring software problem. It's not that I've done anything special with my helix, beside creating about 20 of my own presets in my own playlist + tweaked some global settings about the behaviour of my expression pedal + manual return to stomp mode from snapshot mode.

 

As shown in this thread (and apparently others), this is problem occurs to several people. I however don't see any mention of a solution for the "stuck in snapshot mode"-problem listed in the description of bug fixes for the 2.82 upgrade... I sincerely hope this problem is gone...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thomasDS said:

 

 

This answer is completely beside the question. I need to perform a global reset when my Helix stuck in snapshot mode. The point is that this is that this "stuck in snapshot" mode is a huge problem while gigging. It costs way to much time when on stage to perform a global reset + some of my global settings are restored to factory reset. I can hardly perform a backup restoration while on stage. 

 

The display errors and bank up/down switch problems are inconvenient but I can deal with that when playing live. It costs me some extra foot taps however and one would expect better from one of the flagship models of a company...

 

The point is that performing a global reset + having to restore my backup is not a solution for a recurring software problem. It's not that I've done anything special with my helix, beside creating about 20 of my own presets in my own playlist + tweaked some global settings about the behaviour of my expression pedal + manual return to stomp mode from snapshot mode.

 

As shown in this thread (and apparently others), this is problem occurs to several people. I however don't see any mention of a solution for the "stuck in snapshot mode"-problem listed in the description of bug fixes for the 2.82 upgrade... I sincerely hope this problem is gone...

 

 

 

This bug was fixed in the 2.82 update. It’s specifically mentioned in the release notes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm this issue persists after upgrading to 2.82 and performing a Factory Reset and Global Reset.

 

I use the Helix Floor in Stomp/Snap mode. At 3 out of my last 3 gigs, the Helix got stuck in Snapshot mode. It happens randomly when switching banks. Sometimes, it can be fixed by changing the mode away and back to Stomp/Snap (in Global Settings). Other times, another Factory Reset is required.

 

This is a frustrating bug that impacts our performances. Hopefully, it will actually be fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ibanez19 said:

I can confirm this issue persists after upgrading to 2.82 and performing a Factory Reset and Global Reset.

 

I use the Helix Floor in Stomp/Snap mode. At 3 out of my last 3 gigs, the Helix got stuck in Snapshot mode. It happens randomly when switching banks. Sometimes, it can be fixed by changing the mode away and back to Stomp/Snap (in Global Settings). Other times, another Factory Reset is required.

 

This is a frustrating bug that impacts our performances. Hopefully, it will actually be fixed soon.

 

Are you sure you're not accidentally entering Snapshot Mode by hitting both Bank Up and Down switches at the same time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

Are you sure you're not accidentally entering Snapshot Mode by hitting both Bank Up and Down switches at the same time?

 

I was just about to post that as it happened to me before I knew about that function. Switched the up/down buttons to Snapshot up/down after that (I will never switch presets live), so I will at least not accidentally leave the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

Are you sure you're not accidentally entering Snapshot Mode by hitting both Bank Up and Down switches at the same time?

Correct, I do not believe I am accidentally entering Snapshot mode.

 

Even if I did, once in Snapshot mode, the Helix does not allow a return to the original Stomp/Snap mode. I have tried pressing FS1+FS7 simultaneously after the bug occurs, and that allows me to switch between other modes... unfortunately, doing so never returns to the original (and desired) Stomp/Snap mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×