Jump to content
ponsolle

Helix 2.9

Recommended Posts

Alright, we all get that you don't like how Line6 support currently works. You can send Line6 an email with your suggestions. Can we get back to topic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, any time. I didn't start all this.

So, when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, thanks :)

 

Now, any fans of Shin Ei FY2 fuzz? I recently discovered it (and some awesome clones like SolidGold FX Sasori fuzz) and I would love to have it on the Helix. If anyone wants to support it, here's the Idea Scale link:

 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Shin-ei-fy2-fuzz-clone/975696-23508

 

By the way, is there any protocol regarding promoting idea scale tickets? Hope it's not rude sharing it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, molul said:

Now, any fans of Shin Ei FY2 fuzz? I recently discovered it (and some awesome clones like SolidGold FX Sasori fuzz) and I would love to have it on the Helix. If anyone wants to support it, here's the Idea Scale link:

 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Shin-ei-fy2-fuzz-clone/975696-23508

 

Wrong thread...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

 

Wrong thread...

 

Link to right thread? Or any protocol regarding this, as I asked in the post you quoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, molul said:

 

Link to right thread? Or any protocol regarding this, as I asked in the post you quoted?

 

See above, edited my post already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Post what? Whenever there's an update, Tony or I do post it here. Always.

 

Are you talking about 2.90, which has never been officially announced? We threw a party at NAMM with a sneak peek for friends only and they talked about it publicly... elsewhere.

 

It's almost like you're paparazzi lurking by the Line 6 cafeteria door, desperate for someone to walk out. And when someone says "Hey! Sometimes after work the Line 6 guys hang out at the food court/amusement park/dive bar across the street," instead of, y'know, walking across the street like a normal person, you complain that our free time isn't spent dealing with you in the cafeteria. At a certain point, you gotta wonder if some of us exit through a different door on purpose.

 

Really? For an update that not offically announced, there sure is alot of work being done on it.

 

So you post info here whenever there's an update? How nice. How about you also consider sharing what you do/did with the peeps over at TGP too D.I. ?

 

Need a few examples? Ive done it for you.

 

Here's some of them, about the 2.9 update listed at TGP.

 

I listed them here because lots here who bought Helix and hang here have not read this stuff, and you wont post anything unless of course there's an update it seems.

 

image.png.41ea3300124a4424ea7ecb88818c6700.png

  

 

image.png.09e1147a4571e456644f106aaff5b8bf.png

  

 

image.png.46e347f502cb4a93ac5efe1e0c883a85.png

Much better eating elsewhere I guess eh?... ; )

 

There's no need to add anything else here D.I. , I will copy any more news and post it here in about 6 months or so.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manix1979 said:

There are users here who like to read any info about 2.9 and they are glad about the info.


Mmm...

 

Are you talking about 2.90, which has never been officially announced? We threw a party at NAMM with a sneak peek for friends only and they talked about it publicly... elsewhere..”

 

Sorry, but it seems that, according to DI,  v2.9 is not an official thing.
 

Oh, hang on! Maybe this means that now it is official?

 

Seem that I’ve been “self oscillating” for quite a while now and have started to vibrate like tuning fork,  finally joined the harmony of the spheres and become one with the universe.

 

I’m outta here  - This thread will self destruct... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, datacommando said:

I’m outta here  - This thread will self destruct... 

 

LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spikey said:

 

 

Really? For an update that not offically announced, there sure is alot of work being done on it.

 

So you post info here whenever there's an update? How nice. How about you also consider sharing what you do/did with the peeps over at TGP too D.I. ?

 

Need a few examples? Ive done it for you.

 

Here's some of them, about the 2.9 update listed at TGP.

 

I listed them here because lots here who bought Helix and hang here have not read this stuff, and you wont post anything unless of course there's an update it seems.

 

image.png.41ea3300124a4424ea7ecb88818c6700.png

  

 

image.png.09e1147a4571e456644f106aaff5b8bf.png

  

 

image.png.46e347f502cb4a93ac5efe1e0c883a85.png

Much better eating elsewhere I guess eh?... ; )

 

There's no need to add anything else here D.I. , I will copy any more news and post it here in about 6 months or so.

Gah! Paparazzi is right. Sheesh...

 

<backs away slowly>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Gah! Paparazzi is right. Sheesh...

 

<backs away slowly>

 

D.I., I like ya bud, but you see that's the issue isn't it? Instead of backing away we need you to"engage" here more. And not just on updates. ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spikey said:

 

D.I., I like ya bud, but you see that's the issue isn't it? Instead of backing away we need you to"engage" here more. And not just on updates. ; )

 

160943104_Iwantitnow.jpg.202c69c6a157f06bc6bb21c0ce51261b.jpg

 

Dearest spikey - please, STOP using the word WE. It does not mean what you think it means.

You do not speak for me, and it would be apparent to any thinking person that there are MANY here that you do not speak for.

When you use the word "WE" you actually mean "I".

If you cared about anybody else you wouldn't be hijacking this thread to pursue your feud with DI.

Give it a rest!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

 

160943104_Iwantitnow.jpg.202c69c6a157f06bc6bb21c0ce51261b.jpg

 

Dearest spikey - please, STOP using the word WE. It does not mean what you think it means.

You do not speak for me, and it would be apparent to any thinking person that there are MANY here that you do not speak for.

When you use the word "WE" you actually mean "I".

If you cared about anybody else you wouldn't be hijacking this thread to pursue your feud with DI.

Give it a rest!

Relax rd2rk, I was only speaking to the adults here. Sorry for the confusion. ; ) 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spikey said:

Relax rd2rk, I was only speaking to the adults here. Sorry for the confusion. ; ) 

 

Nope, I'm an adult and I'd like to be counted out of your 'we' too. Thanks!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spikey said:

 

There's no need to add anything else here D.I. , I will copy any more news and post it here in about 6 months or so.


Perfect! Sounds like you've solved your problem. Great solution! Now can we move on, eh? lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, spikey said:

Relax rd2rk, I was only speaking to the adults here. Sorry for the confusion. ; ) 

 

Too late, you've been outed again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys must bunk together lol... ; )

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, qwerty42 said:


Perfect! Sounds like you've solved your problem. Great solution! Now can we move on, eh? lol

It's not "my" problem. It's everybody's. And as far as moving on, Im done replying to you so yes "now" we can. ; ) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic....Is it soon yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spikey said:

It's not "my" problem. It's everybody's. And as far as moving on, Im done replying to you so yes "now" we can. ; ) 

 

 

 

Like "We", EVERYBODY does NOT mean what you think it does.

 

Are you done replying to me too? PLEASE say yes.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea ok- ; ) peace brother! 

 

And Included you in "everybody" too rd2rk. I'd hate to leave you out. ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spikey said:

Yea ok- ; ) peace brother! 

 

PEACE!

 

Now - is it soon yet? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Back on topic....Is it soon yet?

Read above, there is info from TGP there ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, spikey said:

Read above, there is info from TGP there ; )

 

Frank says we're on descent into LA, seatbelt sign is not on yet though.....still, sooner than yesterday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im interested to try the meters and see if it shows/helps in using limiters and in normalizing vsts to -.03 db below 0 on tracks. If it's that accurate I will be pleased. I know lots that play in a band here that won't be using it (meters) for "stage" volumes. After 45 years I don't do that much anymore, just a poor mans studio now. ; )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, datacommando said:

Are you talking about 2.90, which has never been officially announced? We threw a party at NAMM with a sneak peek for friends only and they talked about it publicly... elsewhere..”

 

Sorry, but it seems that, according to DI,  v2.9 is not an official thing.

 

Yeah, that’s the thing. Never officially announced. I am glad to read the programming efforts even if it‘s not announced yet. Maybe a 2.90 will not come because of problem. Maybe instead 2.91 or 2.92 or whatever. Only L6 knows ;-)

Better to wait until it‘s ready instead of hunting a release date or even an official announcement. ;-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why people insist 2.9 has not been announced. At Namm they made things clear as stated in the video at 1.10 mins:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, karlic said:

I don't understand why people insist 2.9 has not been announced. At Namm they made things clear as stated in the video at 1.10 mins:

 

Well, waddayano, that’s DI right there in the video, but this quote from his earlier post above states:

 

“Are you talking about 2.90, which has never been officially announced? We threw a party at NAMM with a sneak peek for friends only and they talked about it publicly... elsewhere..”

 

Confused?


You will be!
 

Seems that users of this forum don’t qualify as “friends only”.

 

And some of those “friends” have flappy lips!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, datacommando said:

And some of those “friends” have flappy lips!

 

Oh yeah! 

 

@Digital_Igloo Don’t feel tied the knot. Please don‘t justify. It‘s all up to you and the regulations of L6 how much and if we get infos. 

 

Please guys and girls, stay focused and let L6 do their work. Or do you like a release with bugs? Every week an update just to bring the software further step by step. 

Other companies use customers as testers. I am glad L6 does not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized how amazing it is that the Helix devices are updatable. I've used a Boss GT8 since 2007 and just switched to this (I was actually considering the latest Boss multieffects but I read a comment in Thomann recommending Helix better) and I'm already blown away by the options, so knowing that there's more stuff to come is really a gift. Worth every cent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 11:30 PM, qwerty42 said:

Should L6 hire somebody to respond on this forum regularly as a L6 rep? Sure, maybe. But criticizing people like Digital Igloo for not posting here enough, when moderating these forums is 0% his actual job, is unfair.

 

These forums don’t get nearly enough traffic to justify hiring someone to watch over them and respond to things. If anything, more and more companies are doing away with these types of forums because they don’t get used enough. I saw that Fender decided to shut theirs down recently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

These forums don’t get nearly enough traffic to justify hiring someone to watch over them and respond to things. If anything, more and more companies are doing away with these types of forums because they don’t get used enough. I saw that Fender decided to shut theirs down recently.

With as angrily as some people seem to get confused by the purpose of this forum (users helping other users solve problems before they submit a ticket) it's probably fine if it goes away anyways. I get more useful information a lot of the time from the big FB group or SSO without it dissolving into some sort of pissing match like it can here. It seems the longer a thread gets the more likely it is someone will ruin the conversation. It's still miles better than TGP, but so are dog farts, so.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...