Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

• 2 weeks later...

Hardware: HX One

Firmware: 3.71

Bug: Right arrow button does not work as expected (like HX Stomp) in effect menu. I just find the arrow buttons easier to press (than the effect button) and am used to this workflow from the stomp.

Steps to reproduce:

Press the effect button to see the current effect selected in it's category

Press the left arrow button (to get to the top level effect category menu), then scroll to a different category with the effect knob

Push the right arrow button

Expected behaviour: It would take you to the list of effects in the selected category (like HX stomp does)

Actual behaviour: It takes you back to the list of effects in the previous category

Workaround: use the effect button to select instead

Hardware: Helix Floor

Bug: No patch/Snapshot change.

My Helix is configured for snapshot change, and I use button 1 and 6 for up/down patch change

Steps to reproduce:

Press 1 or 6 button very fast, in order to change patch: after some patch change the system locks up, and do not respond to patch/snapshot change.
Swith to tuner works, but after exiting from tuner, patch/snapshot change are still locked.

Workaround: no acceptable workaround: I have to turn off/on the Helix

If needed I can provide my Helix backup and/or a video of the problem

On 2/15/2024 at 3:02 PM, adalben said:

Steps to reproduce:

Press 1 or 6 button very fast, in order to change patch: after some patch change the system locks up, and do not respond to patch/snapshot change.
Swith to tuner works, but after exiting from tuner, patch/snapshot change are still locked.

Not a bug. It takes time (measured in ms, but still) to UNLOAD the current Preset and LOAD the next one. If you switch faster than the processor can handle that process you can crash the system.

I'm sure they're aware of this, as it's been noted before, it just might be an issue that the system can't tell it's in an in-between state and at the same time keep track of multiple transitory LOAD requests. That would be my guess.

You can always open a support ticket and ask about it.

Hardware: Helix Stomp

Bug for Helix Stomp Amp+Cab

When you select Brit 2204 and change the cab it does not change it and if I change the cab and save it when reloading the preset it does not change it either, it shows the default one.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:25 PM, angelogs said:

When you select Brit 2204 and change the cab it does not change it and if I change the cab and save it when reloading the preset it does not change it either, it shows the default one.

Can you upload a video? I'm not able to reproduce this.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, angelogs said:

You should verify things in a regular thread before posting as a bug.

This is NOT a bug. It works fine on both my Floor and my HXS.

I suggest that you perform a factory reset.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I didn't see any post that covers a potential bug I've found yet so posting here. I am using Helix Native 3.71 on Windows 11. My PC is decently high-end, 32gb RAM, 7900x CPU, etc. I've confirmed this occurs in both Cubase Pro 13 and FL Studio 21.2.2. UMC404HD interface.Fresh installs of everything.

I've made a thread on Reddit showing users with different hardware set-ups (Mac) and different DAWs having the same issue however:  

Helix Native works fine once added to a channel initially, and even after switching through a few different presets, but eventually after switching through many presets (30+) it stops outputting any audio. The plugin still does show the input levels are present (see pics), but even if you disable all the effects or switch presets, once it enters this broken state it will no longer output any audio. If you restart the DAW or delete the plugin from the channel and re-add it then it works fine with any preset again. In FL Studio, it actually makes a quick buzzing sound at the moment it breaks. When this occurs, other instances of Native on other channels don't cease functioning.

I've also gotten this just randomly too- without switching through a bunch of presets. ie: Just changing 1 preset after loading a project can cause this to occur.

This feels like it might be a memory leak within the plugin; resources are being allocated when switching between presets but never released, so eventually it presents an OOM exception in Native. It seems to happen faster when switching between more intensive presets (ie: DEVIN TOWNSEND). However, I don't see any increase in memory usage in the Task Manager when this happens.

Does anyone know why this is occurring and how to resolve it? Would any other information could help debug this? I went to the bug report page but Helix Native did not appear as a valid product that I could register, and thus I could not report a bug against it.

Greatly appreciate any insight, thanks.

no-output-from-helix-native-after-switching-presets-win-11-v0-sybj279ya1oc1.png

no-output-from-helix-native-after-switching-presets-win-11-v0-1f2ya2k1b1oc1.png

On 4/17/2024 at 11:32 PM, roadtosalvation said:

I went to the bug report page but Helix Native did not appear as a valid product that I could register, and thus I could not report a bug against it.

Hi,

Open a ticket with Customer Support: - 

https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Type “Native” into the Search function box and hit return.

When it pops up a window saying that nothing matched your query, you will also see a button that allows you to open a ticket.

On the next page - click the “No Product Applies” option and fill in your report in the space provided.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

For the record, my following support ticket has now been logged as a bug:

HX Stomp, firmware 3.71: When I save an Amp+Cab block as User Defaults, it is no longer possible to switch cabs. Regardless which cab I select from the list via HX Edit, the sound remains the same. As far as I recall, it used to work as expected in earlier firmware versions. My current workaround was to revert the Amp+Cab block to Factory Defaults, then it was possible to apply a different cab.

[…]

after full reset it's the same

[…]
reinstalled firmware 3.71, reset everything to factory settings, created a new preset with just Amp+Cab Ampeg B15, made my settings on both amp and cab, saved as User Defaults and… I can't change the cab. It's stuck at 1×15 Ampeg B15. As soon as I reset this block to Factory Defaults via the Action button, I can switch cabs again. Same with other random Amp+Cab models.
[…]

tested it all the way back to firmware 3.15 which still only had the "legacy" cabs in the A+C blocks. This is the last version where I can save an A+C block User Defaults, and then change the cab subsequently upon recalling the block.

[…]

it's a regression from v3.15 where it was possible. In v3.71 it's not even possible in the "Guit/Bass+Legacy" mode.

[…] We have logged it as a bug. Thanks for reporting it.

• Thanks 1