Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 1/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, Jim_Spinner said:

Hi question about the Hx one, (I have updated firmware, and reset), some patches load with the effect active and even though I save them with the effect off, when I reload the patch the effect is active again, is this a bug?Also is there a setting to make the foot switch momentary like there is on the other units?

Hi,

From the HX One Owner’s Manual- page 10

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f12a29655656a3e05ee/application/pdf/HX One Owner's Manual - English .pdf

”When you power off HX One, it restores your last bypass state and last-edited parameter changes on the next power up, provided that you wait 3 seconds or more after making changes before disconnecting the power.”

Also, there is only one mention (on page 22 of the manual) about Momentary Switching which is achievable with an external footswitch.

”Expression pedal and footswitches are sold separately:
The Line 6 EXP-1 pedal is a fine choice, or most 3rd party expression pedals will work as well.
For single or dual external footswitches, you’ll want to get the “momentary” (non-latching) type.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:22 PM, aoneill88 said:

Hi folks,

I just updated to the new Helix patch 3.70 for my Helix LT.

And now it isn't letting me install ANY new tones/presets from Custom tone. The message I get is "HX Edit is unable to import this preset because it contains unrecognized models", yet they are all compatible with the LT

Curiously it is letting me add tones that have already been added to the library e.g. adding an existing preset to a new preset slot.

Any ideas? Have done the basics. Restarted the device and HX Edit etc.

Thanks in advance.

1. Double check to make sure the you have BOTH the 3.70 firmware AND the 3.7 HX Edit. What you describe is almost always this mismatch

2. Did you do a factory reset before you attempted to reload your backup? LOADS of issues are because of this.

3. This is not a bug, I promise you.

• Like 1

Helix FW 3.71.0, Amp GSG, when selecting OD switch on/off via assigned footswitch, it triggers controller assign.

Have done full reset procedure.. and tried multiple presets, older and newer... Have reported on beta forum in case l6 is away from here...

On 1/14/2024 at 5:49 AM, Tavish-Rox said:

Helix FW 3.71.0, Amp GSG, when selecting OD switch on/off via assigned footswitch, it triggers controller assign.

Have done full reset procedure.. and tried multiple presets, older and newer... Have reported on beta forum in case l6 is away from here...

If you have "Touch" enabled AND you assign the FS to also send a CommandCenter message AND you activate the switch barefoot or by finger, it will do that.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, rd2rk said:

If you have "Touch" enabled AND you assign the FS to also send a CommandCenter message AND you activate the switch barefoot or by finger, it will do that.

Hi Rd2rk, yeh not sending any commands and not using bare feet etc... thnaks though... I may try a reinstall of the Fw and another reset...

Hey all, I don't use the forum much so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence... very weird! I've pinpointed it down to the Ampeg B-15NF block, and if you mess with the bass control on the amp block it seems to fix the volume. I've deleted the amp block and put another one back with the same settings and the issue persisted. If it matters, I have the bass control at 10. I can upload the patch if anybody would like to see for themselves - I use an HX Stomp

On 1/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, jergles said:

I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence..

Are you sure it's the Stomp and not for example a dying battery in your active bass guitar? (provided you're using an active bass, of course)

On 1/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, jergles said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place

Actually it isn't but no big deal. You simply may want to post a new thread the next time there's any issue. :)

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, jergles said:

Hey all, I don't use the forum much so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence... very weird! I've pinpointed it down to the Ampeg B-15NF block, and if you mess with the bass control on the amp block it seems to fix the volume. I've deleted the amp block and put another one back with the same settings and the issue persisted. If it matters, I have the bass control at 10. I can upload the patch if anybody would like to see for themselves - I use an HX Stomp

This has been reported before many times, and not just with a particular block.

It is some sort of a bug that they haven't seemed to be able to track down yet, but the solution is usually to perform a full factory reset. Don't forget to back up first!

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:16 PM, rd2rk said:

This has been reported before many times, and not just with a particular block.

It is some sort of a bug that they haven't seemed to be able to track down yet, but the solution is usually to perform a full factory reset. Don't forget to back up first!

Got it, thank you kindly :)

• 2 weeks later...

GLOBAL EQ NOT RESTORED BY INSTALLER:

For me, when I update the system, and the updater automatically restores all my settings (either on my Helix Rack or my HX Stomp), it restores everything EXCEPT my Global EQ. To do that quickly, you can go to RESTORE FROM BACKUP (selecting the backup you made BEFORE you updated the system - not the backup it makes when you are updating) in HX Edit and restore ONLY the GLOBAL SETTINGS. The restore is VERY quick, and voila, your GLOBAL EQ is restored to its former glory!

This has been the case for all of the 3.x updates.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, uburoibob2 said:

GLOBAL EQ NOT RESTORED BY INSTALLER:

For me, when I update the system, and the updater automatically restores all my settings (either on my Helix Rack or my HX Stomp), it restores everything EXCEPT my Global EQ. To do that quickly, you can go to RESTORE FROM BACKUP (selecting the backup you made BEFORE you updated the system - not the backup it makes when you are updating) in HX Edit and restore ONLY the GLOBAL SETTINGS. The restore is VERY quick, and voila, your GLOBAL EQ is restored to its former glory!

This has been the case for all of the 3.x updates.

The backups should be the same unless you change something. Are you saying the backup made during the update procedure doesn't include the Global EQ? That's odd. I always end up doing a global backup before anyway, cuz I am paranoid.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:21 PM, PeterHamm said:

The backups should be the same unless you change something. Are you saying the backup made during the update procedure doesn't include the Global EQ? That's odd. I always end up doing a global backup before anyway, cuz I am paranoid.

Yep. I do a full backup before starting an update. During the update process, the installer backs up and then restores from that to finish. When I go to use the Helix, I notice that Global EQ hasn't been restored. SO, I restore it from the manual update I did just before running the update installer. When doing that, I select only GLOBAL to restore, as it takes only a few seconds, rather than restoring everything again. Once done, all is well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hardware: HX One

Firmware: 3.71

Bug: Right arrow button does not work as expected (like HX Stomp) in effect menu. I just find the arrow buttons easier to press (than the effect button) and am used to this workflow from the stomp.

Steps to reproduce:

Press the effect button to see the current effect selected in it's category

Press the left arrow button (to get to the top level effect category menu), then scroll to a different category with the effect knob

Push the right arrow button

Expected behaviour: It would take you to the list of effects in the selected category (like HX stomp does)

Actual behaviour: It takes you back to the list of effects in the previous category

Workaround: use the effect button to select instead

Hardware: Helix Floor

Bug: No patch/Snapshot change.

My Helix is configured for snapshot change, and I use button 1 and 6 for up/down patch change

Steps to reproduce:

Press 1 or 6 button very fast, in order to change patch: after some patch change the system locks up, and do not respond to patch/snapshot change.
Swith to tuner works, but after exiting from tuner, patch/snapshot change are still locked.

Workaround: no acceptable workaround: I have to turn off/on the Helix

If needed I can provide my Helix backup and/or a video of the problem

On 2/15/2024 at 3:02 PM, adalben said:

Steps to reproduce:

Press 1 or 6 button very fast, in order to change patch: after some patch change the system locks up, and do not respond to patch/snapshot change.
Swith to tuner works, but after exiting from tuner, patch/snapshot change are still locked.

Not a bug. It takes time (measured in ms, but still) to UNLOAD the current Preset and LOAD the next one. If you switch faster than the processor can handle that process you can crash the system.

I'm sure they're aware of this, as it's been noted before, it just might be an issue that the system can't tell it's in an in-between state and at the same time keep track of multiple transitory LOAD requests. That would be my guess.

You can always open a support ticket and ask about it.

Hardware: Helix Stomp

Bug for Helix Stomp Amp+Cab

When you select Brit 2204 and change the cab it does not change it and if I change the cab and save it when reloading the preset it does not change it either, it shows the default one.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:25 PM, angelogs said:

When you select Brit 2204 and change the cab it does not change it and if I change the cab and save it when reloading the preset it does not change it either, it shows the default one.

Can you upload a video? I'm not able to reproduce this.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, angelogs said:

You should verify things in a regular thread before posting as a bug.

This is NOT a bug. It works fine on both my Floor and my HXS.

I suggest that you perform a factory reset.

• Upvote 1