Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 11:25 AM, pipelineaudio1 said:

Helix parameters are being corrupted since 3.6 on save and load. Individual presets, setlists and bundles are all affected. So far it seems to be ONLY parameters that are controlled by snapshots that I can find. I have not found any parameters corrupted so far that weren't also controlled by snapshots. This is happening on the floor as well as between Helix floor and Helix Native. I have updated HX Edit to 3.61 and the problem persists. Here is a video showing it between helix floor and helix native. Tomorrow I could show one where its happening on the floor by itself, but I need my helix to work for today's show. This is really causing some stress and anxiety that I really won't know what sort of box of chocolates I'll get when I turn this thing on on the stage

https://youtu.be/VjQNg4aJE3g

From your video, it looks like you're in Snapshot Discard mode (this makes the Snapshot icon turn red). Try your steps again in Recall mode (snapshot icon will appear gray). 

On 6/27/2023 at 9:49 AM, Ilya-V said:

Can anyone please check if Controller Assign MIDI CC 6 is working when assigned to a parameter in Helix Native 3.61?

Works fine. What seems to be the problem?

On 6/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, rd2rk said:

Works fine. What seems to be the problem?

It seems that the problem is my DAW, I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab.
There is a conflict between CC6 and NRPN CC6, all other CC commands working correctly.

To solve this I had to enable "Do not intercept NRPNs" for Native, then the normal CC6 started working again.

Sorry for the false report.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever experienced an issue where the LCD screen is flipping characters / positions of blocks that it becomes very difficult to read the screen?

I already tried out the reset options, going back to previous backups etcetera. I have been using the helix LT since 2018 without issues. 

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-21 om 22.50.50.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 7:22 PM, TrueTom said:

I have this problem that importing presets into HX Edit (from the Marketplace) will not transfer correctly to an HX Stomp. More specifically the snapshot settings are sometimes messed up on the device (e.g. the snapshot name is missing or the stomp color is wrong). All other settings seem to be correct as far as I can tell. This is the case for the firmware versions 3.50 and 3.60.

This is still a problem. Can anyone confirm this?

On 8/5/2023 at 11:44 AM, TrueTom said:

This is still a problem. Can anyone confirm this?

Hi,

As your original post was over 3 months back, and hasn’t had confirmation from anyone else, I would suggest that you raise a ticket with Customer Support. 

This particular thread is usually used to inform other users of an actual “bug” that has been reported, and checked out by Tech Support.

Note: Re issue loading Marketplace presets into HX Stomp. There was a similar report recently in the main forum, from a guy who could not load a particular pack.
See link below

Ensure you have the presets designed specifically for the HX Stomp, because they definitely will not load if they are for the other Helix units. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

link:

Edited by datacommando
Added link
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2023 at 4:53 PM, wrc46 said:

Has anyone ever experienced an issue where the LCD screen is flipping characters / positions of blocks that it becomes very difficult to read the screen?

I already tried out the reset options, going back to previous backups etcetera. I have been using the helix LT since 2018 without issues. 

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-21 om 22.50.50.png

This is the wildest thing I've ever seen.  Looks like hardware failure.  I suggest opening a ticket, sending to Line 6 for repair. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'd call it a "bug", but maybe? My Helix was working fine and then today it won't power on (as in, the power switch does nothing). I know it wasn't a power surge, because it's on a power strip with my computer and other sensitive electronics, and it's the only thing suddenly not working. It's never been on a gig, has never been used outdoors, and is kept on my desk, as it operates as my audio interface and sound card for my PC. I turn it off when I'm not using the PC, and other than a little dust here and there, it's been very well taken care of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:58 PM, HamOnTheCob said:

I don't think I'd call it a "bug", but maybe? My Helix was working fine and then today it won't power on (as in, the power switch does nothing). I know it wasn't a power surge, because it's on a power strip with my computer and other sensitive electronics, and it's the only thing suddenly not working. It's never been on a gig, has never been used outdoors, and is kept on my desk, as it operates as my audio interface and sound card for my PC. I turn it off when I'm not using the PC, and other than a little dust here and there, it's been very well taken care of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This is probably way off base, but that happened to me once. Drove me crazy until I figured out that the Power plug wasn't inserted all the way... DOH!

• Upvote 1

I have a helix LT firmware 3.60 that is freezing, particularly when changing snapshots, and is sometimes emitting a high pitched electronic noise when it freezes, that only stops when the device is turned off. I have tried full factory resets and all setting and preset bank reset fixes, and nothing is working. Any help is highly appreciated! Cheers.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:09 AM, Metalicious said:

I have a helix LT firmware 3.60 that is freezing, particularly when changing snapshots, and is sometimes emitting a high pitched electronic noise when it freezes, that only stops when the device is turned off. I have tried full factory resets and all setting and preset bank reset fixes, and nothing is working. Any help is highly appreciated! Cheers.

I can't help, but I'm experiencing the same issue on my Helix Floor. But before it freezes, I will switch to a different preset and the audio will drop out. Input still shows, but nothing goes through the chain. I've factory reset and reinstalled firmware 3.60. This is happening on the stock presets too, so idk what to make of it. I made a crappy video showing what it does here (2:55 shows cutout): 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:09 AM, Metalicious said:

Did you do the factory reset before reloading your snapshots last time you updated?

On 8/16/2023 at 3:09 AM, Metalicious said:

Test - when you hear the "high pitched electronic noise", unplug the USB cable. Does it stop?

If YES then you have a USB ground loop that you only notice when you change snapshots because there's a gain boost or frequency change happening that makes the noise more apparent. You can search for the offending USB connection or do what I do - get a Hum Eliminator to go between the LT audio outs and whatever comes next in the signal flow (speakers?). I use the Pyle PHE400 and, as I have several USB connected audio devices, I have several of them. They're $30 US at Amazon and work with both 1/4" and XLR.

As to the freezing, have you re-flashed the FW? if NO, then do that using L6 Updater (make sure you have the current version), and be VERY careful to FOLLOW ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY, including repeating the Factory Reset AFTER the FW installation is completed.

If any of the above fail to solve the problems, open a support ticket.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else have static "hiss" or white noise with Helix when using headphones? I've had this issue for a while now, and initially it didn't bother me too much but now it's getting annoying. I get this annoying hiss on my headphones, and from my research it has absolutely nothing to do with settings, presets etc. and it's most likely malfunction in the hardware.
What I've tried to fix this? I've tried 4 different headphones, multiple headphone cables, different power cables for the Helix, went through all the global settings and so on without any solution. At this point I am 90% sure it's hardware malfunction, since if I record something with my Helix, and then listen to the recorded track with headphones connected directly to my PC, the noise is not there.

Turning the big volume knob has no effect on the level of the hiss. It's always at the same level. I would like to make it 100% clear that this has nothing to do with pickups, grounding or other issues since it is present even when the only thing connected to my Helix are my headphones and power cable (no guitars, no usb etc). I do not get the hiss when I plug studio monitors into the Helix.
I initially first noticed it when I switched from closed to open headphones, and I am quite sure the hiss wasn't there before that. Since then I've tried at least 4 different sets of headphones (including the original one) and the issue is present on all of them.

TLDR; Apparently my headphone jack in my Helix is broken resulting in annoying hiss/static sound. Has anyone had the same issue, and have you been able to solve it?

Hi Everyone,

I think I found a bug.

Device: HX Stomp

Firmware: 3.60.0

Bug:

Tuner trails only seems to work for delay trails (path A or B),

but reverb decay is muted when engaging the tuner ( Tuner Trails are set to "on")

The delay trails are also muted if the delay is followed by a reverb in the signal chain.

I don't know if this is a known bug.

Can anyone replicate it?

A way to replicate this;

Take an empty patch

Engage the tuner and make sure that "Trails" is set to "on" in the tuner settings

Disengage the tuner

Add the Dynamic Plate reverb on path A or B

Set the decay of the reverb to "infinite" and the reverb mix to 100%

Play a note or a chord

You now hear only the reverb tail

Engage the tuner

The reverb tail should still be audible, but on my unit the audio is muted

The muting of the audio is the bug

Thanks in advance,

kind regards,

TT

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 1:15 AM, theElevators said:

I was seeing a bug that was ultimately caused by HX Edit running on a Mac on with Helix Firmware 3.15  In reality, altering one preset would apply the same (unrelated) changes to a different preset.  Nobody could replicate this bug on Windows.  It was literally altering unrelated presets.  And you wouldn't know if you broke a preset until you tested all your numerous presets. 

Staying on 3.11  thank you verrrrry much. 

I can confirm that a similar behaviour also exists with my Helix LT on Windows 10 & 11.

I am up to date with the firmware 3.61 and HX Edit 3.61.

It is totally random when this happens but it does happen reguarly and noticed it was happening before the last 3.5 & 3.61 updates.

I do reboot the Helix after making changes so that it can rebuild its presets before I make a backup of a preset.

With me the problem (BUG) is:

1. copying or dragging presets from on preset location to another within HX Edit = various settings i.e. noise gate settings, delay settings, cab settings, volume settings etc... randomly change for the worse on various snapshots within that same preset.

2. Importing a preset from PC to another preset location on the Helix = various settings i.e. noise gate settings, delay settings, cab settings, volume settings etc... randomly change for the worse on various snapshots within that same preset.

I open the files with Notepad++ and do a compare between two copies and can see that random settings have been changed just by exporting the file from HX Edit.

I change the settings back to how they should be in Notepad++ and then re-import them back into Helix. BUT the settings have changed back for the worse again and all the corrections are gone on that preset.

I am doing all of this from within HX Edit 3.61. I am currently running Windows 11 & have disabled my antivirus on the PC just in case.

The only way to fix this for me is to go through all the blocks and see where the settings have been changed and make the ammendments again & resave.

If I then try to export the file or move it to another preset location it changes the settings during the copying process again for the worse.

The original preset in its original location remains intact.

This behaviour seems to randomly happen only when moving or backing up/importing a preset. :(

On 9/17/2023 at 9:05 AM, sykes1000 said:

I can confirm that a similar behaviour also exists with my Helix LT on Windows 10 & 11.

I am up to date with the firmware 3.61 and HX Edit 3.61.

It is totally random when this happens but it does happen reguarly and noticed it was happening before the last 3.5 & 3.61 updates.

I do reboot the Helix after making changes so that it can rebuild its presets before I make a backup of a preset.

With me the problem (BUG) is:

1. copying or dragging presets from on preset location to another within HX Edit = various settings i.e. noise gate settings, delay settings, cab settings, volume settings etc... randomly change for the worse on various snapshots within that same preset.

2. Importing a preset from PC to another preset location on the Helix = various settings i.e. noise gate settings, delay settings, cab settings, volume settings etc... randomly change for the worse on various snapshots within that same preset.

I open the files with Notepad++ and do a compare between two copies and can see that random settings have been changed just by exporting the file from HX Edit.

I change the settings back to how they should be in Notepad++ and then re-import them back into Helix. BUT the settings have changed back for the worse again and all the corrections are gone on that preset.

I am doing all of this from within HX Edit 3.61. I am currently running Windows 11 & have disabled my antivirus on the PC just in case.

The only way to fix this for me is to go through all the blocks and see where the settings have been changed and make the ammendments again & resave.

If I then try to export the file or move it to another preset location it changes the settings during the copying process again for the worse.

The original preset in its original location remains intact.

This behaviour seems to randomly happen only when moving or backing up/importing a preset. :(

I'm curious... when you did the latest update, did you do a full factory reset before reloading your backup? If not, you should do that, and if you did, I'd do another full factory reset.

I edit presets constantly and have NEVER experienced this behavior. 

On 9/17/2023 at 5:56 PM, PeterHamm said:

I'm curious... when you did the latest update, did you do a full factory reset before reloading your backup? If not, you should do that, and if you did, I'd do another full factory reset.

I edit presets constantly and have NEVER experienced this behavior. 

Hi Peter - Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I always do the factory reset and rebuild after every update. This issue has been present since several builds ago. It is not a recent thing that is related to firmware 3.61.

Here are other threads describing very similar issues:

While I've never experienced these problems, apparently, some people have.

I very much hope that you've all opened support tickets and are actively working with support to resolve the issues.

I also very much hope that you report back here with the results of those efforts, in detail, so that others may benefit.

All too often when someone reports what they think is a bug, a solution is found, but they never report back, leaving the next user who has the problem thinking that their experience is unique (or that L6 support sucks), and so it goes, round and round.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:58 PM, HamOnTheCob said:

I had something similar happen to me with my Helix LT.  Worked fine for months in my studio, took it out to play for some services at church as its first use at a "gig".  Thursday night rehearsal, everything works/sounds great.  Was traveling for the next two days so left it in the backpack inside my house, never uncased it after rehearsal.  Come back Sunday morning for run-through, plug into the exact same power source (surge protected) and XLR to FOH I'd used before, flip the power switch and ... nothing.  Tried different power cords, different outlets, etc. to no avail.  Got it back home to my studio and confirmed it was inop.  Luckily under warranty, so replaced with no issue or hassle.  Great lesson for me to be more diligent about backing up as I've gotten to recreate most of the presets I'd made.  Hope you can get your issue resolved.

• 3 weeks later...

Dobule Take has a weird phasing effect in stereo. It's my understanding that the effect should hard pan the dry signal to one side and the wet signal to the other. On my HX Stomp, the dry signal seems to be mostly centered while the wet signal keeps moving around, making the effect pretty much unusable for its intended purpose.

On 10/13/2023 at 2:57 AM, lazerface66 said:

Dobule Take has a weird phasing effect in stereo. It's my understanding that the effect should hard pan the dry signal to one side and the wet signal to the other. On my HX Stomp, the dry signal seems to be mostly centered while the wet signal keeps moving around, making the effect pretty much unusable for its intended purpose.

Yes, Double Take has a known bug. They are aware of it and working on it.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:57 PM, lazerface66 said:

What do you have after the Double Take? If you have a mono block after it, you might get the result you're describing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 2:57 AM, lazerface66 said:

Not only is there phasing, it also behaves very differently when you run your Helix in mono vs. stereo -- there will be drastic volume discrepancies.  My recommendation is to never run this effect in stereo, until the bugs are fixed. 

Hello all!

I'm trying to use my HX Stomp with an external programable midi pedal (I made my own using arudino).

I want to use one footswitch of the midi pedal to be used as FS5 (CC:53). However, if I want to use it to bypass/activate a block momentarily, it doesn't work. 

1- I program my controller so it sends CC:53 value:127 when I press on it. It also sends CC:53 value:0 when I release it.

2- I select my block and go to "Bypass Assign". Switch selection: FS5, Type: Momentary.

When I press the midi pedal footswitch, the block is bypassed for a millisecond and goes back to being activated. Nothing happens when I release it.

3- If I try to use the FS5 in Latching mode, I select my block and go to "Bypass Assign". Switch selection: FS5, Type: Latching.

When I press the midi pedal footswitch, the block is activated, and when I release the footswitch the block is bypassed.

So when I want latching, I get momentary, and when I want momentary I get a millisecond duration of momentary.

I can program my midi pedal to not send anything when released, then the Latching works, but I still get the same problem with momentary. Sending a custom CC works as a momentary switch if the value sent is 127 when pressed and 0 when released, but I would like the momentary/latching behaviour to be preset dependant, so changing the types of messages sent when pressing/releasing my custom midi pedal for every preset is not a solution

Can someone please help me?

Apologies if this is a repeat question.

Some of my footswitches don't work anymore and some perform functions they aren't supposed to.

For example, the footswitches that usually control changing the banks now act as a snapshot, some footswitches trigger the footswitch next to it, and other footswitches just don't have functionality.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm on the most current update. But this issue occurred before I performed the update this morning and persists in the new version.

Helix Floor~

On 11/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, Vang201 said:

Apologies if this is a repeat question.

Some of my footswitches don't work anymore and some perform functions they aren't supposed to.

For example, the footswitches that usually control changing the banks now act as a snapshot, some footswitches trigger the footswitch next to it, and other footswitches just don't have functionality.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm on the most current update. But this issue occurred before I performed the update this morning and persists in the new version.

Helix Floor~

Did you do a full factory reset and then reload your Global backup? If not, you should do that first. (MAKE SURE you have a good backup before factory resetting!)

• Upvote 1

I'm not too familiar with this website, so I apologize for posting this elsewhere, before putting here. Instead of having to read my "War and Peace" sized post..... In a nutshell, I'm having a problem with Snapshot pedals sending a start command to my external loopers if I press the footpedal more than once, such as in a toggle command. This applies to all pedals that are in snapshot mode, regardless if they have assigned commands or are completely empty. I also want to mention that the problem occurs on a totally blank preset as well. Pressing any of the 8 (empty) snapshot buttons twice sends a midi command to my loopers to play.

Hello,

I'm running a small pedalboard along with my Helix Floor Unit. I'm trying to midi control a BeatBuddy, a Boss GM-800 synth and 2 loopers; the Helix is going direct into one looper via 1/4" cables. The other looper is attached to the GM-800. I'm not tied into any send/receive blocks. The pedalboard and Helix Floor unit are running separately, except for the midi cable. 

I thought I had everything figured out. Everything seemed to be talking to each other and everything was functioning as it was supposed to be. I can send commands to the BeatBuddy and it works properly. I can send commands to the GM-800 and it works properly and I have been able to send commands and control either or both of the loopers with midi commands.

Then, the next time I went to use it, I realized when using snapshots, if I click on any "snapshot" footpedal a second time, my loopers play. This is without any commands in the command center being sent on either of the midi channels tied to either of the loopers.

My snapshots are the usual block switching off and on, plus a BeatBuddy stop and start command. I have no commands being sent to either of the loopers presently. 

Each pedal has it's own separate midi channel. The problem only happens if I hit the snapshot assigned pedal a second time, as in a toggle state. If I'm not in snapshot mode, the loopers do not react when I hit any pedals.

I thought it may have been a midi setting in either the BeatBuddy or GM-800, so I disconnected all pedals, except a midi cable from the Helix to one of the loopers and I'm still having the problem when pressing a "snapshot" pedal more than once. And it doesn't matter if there are any assignments to the snapshot assigned pedal. Even empty ones with no assigns start the loopers if I press a Helix snapshot pedal more than once. 

I've tried changing about every single midi setting on the Helix as well as the other pedals and nothing seems to cure the solution. I'm thinking this is a Helix issue. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Present Helix global midi settings: Note, I've tried a ton of different variations, but this is where it sits presently.

version 3.60-e171dae

Midi Base channel 5

Midi thru:  on

midi over usb: on

midi pc receive: midi and usb

midi pc send: midi and usb

duplicate pc send: off

duplicate snapshot cc send: off

Boss looper settings: Also tried a ton of alternate settings. This is where it sits now.

rx ctl channel 3

omni: off

rx note chg: 3

tx ch: rx ctl

pc out: off

midi thru: midi/usb

usb thru: midi/usb

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hoppmyers1
added comment

If you co

On 11/7/2023 at 1:04 PM, hoppmyers1 said:

I'm not too familiar with this website, so I apologize for posting this elsewhere, before putting here. Instead of having to read my "War and Peace" sized post..... In a nutshell, I'm having a problem with Snapshot pedals sending a start command to my external loopers if I press the footpedal more than once, such as in a toggle command. This applies to all pedals that are in snapshot mode, regardless if they have assigned commands or are completely empty. I also want to mention that the problem occurs on a totally blank preset as well. Pressing any of the 8 (empty) snapshot buttons twice sends a midi command to my loopers to play.

Hello,

I'm running a small pedalboard along with my Helix Floor Unit. I'm trying to midi control a BeatBuddy, a Boss GM-800 synth and 2 loopers; the Helix is going direct into one looper via 1/4" cables. The other looper is attached to the GM-800. I'm not tied into any send/receive blocks. The pedalboard and Helix Floor unit are running separately, except for the midi cable. 

I thought I had everything figured out. Everything seemed to be talking to each other and everything was functioning as it was supposed to be. I can send commands to the BeatBuddy and it works properly. I can send commands to the GM-800 and it works properly and I have been able to send commands and control either or both of the loopers with midi commands.

Then, the next time I went to use it, I realized when using snapshots, if I click on any "snapshot" footpedal a second time, my loopers play. This is without any commands in the command center being sent on either of the midi channels tied to either of the loopers.

My snapshots are the usual block switching off and on, plus a BeatBuddy stop and start command. I have no commands being sent to either of the loopers presently. 

Each pedal has it's own separate midi channel. The problem only happens if I hit the snapshot assigned pedal a second time, as in a toggle state. If I'm not in snapshot mode, the loopers do not react when I hit any pedals.

I thought it may have been a midi setting in either the BeatBuddy or GM-800, so I disconnected all pedals, except a midi cable from the Helix to one of the loopers and I'm still having the problem when pressing a "snapshot" pedal more than once. And it doesn't matter if there are any assignments to the snapshot assigned pedal. Even empty ones with no assigns start the loopers if I press a Helix snapshot pedal more than once. 

I've tried changing about every single midi setting on the Helix as well as the other pedals and nothing seems to cure the solution. I'm thinking this is a Helix issue. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Present Helix global midi settings: Note, I've tried a ton of different variations, but this is where it sits presently.

version 3.60-e171dae

Midi Base channel 5

Midi thru:  on

midi over usb: on

midi pc receive: midi and usb

midi pc send: midi and usb

duplicate pc send: off

duplicate snapshot cc send: off

Boss looper settings: Also tried a ton of alternate settings. This is where it sits now.

rx ctl channel 3

omni: off

rx note chg: 3

tx ch: rx ctl

pc out: off

midi thru: midi/usb

usb thru: midi/usb

Thanks in advance.

When you have your Helix connected to a MIDI Monitor and and click a snapshot twice, what is being sent?

If NOTHING is being sent I don't see how Helix can be the problem.

It's possible that there's a sysex being sent, so be sure to use a MIDI Monitor that sees EVERYTHING such as MIDIOX.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 1:04 PM, hoppmyers1 said:

On 11/7/2023 at 5:00 PM, rd2rk said:

It's possible that there's a sysex being sent, so be sure to use a MIDI Monitor that sees EVERYTHING such as MIDIOX.

I just tested this with MIDIOX, all filters OFF.

I cannot see anything being sent.

Maybe your unit is defective, but there's no way to even begin to guess until you get it connected to MIDIOX.

Hope you don't have a MAC, I'm not sure if there's a comparable monitor for MACs.

Hey, I am having an issue with HX edit when moving the mics around the cabs with the mouse it seems to lag behind the mouse pointer instead of following the pointer smoothly if that makes sense. Was wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing this and if there is any fix for it? Suggestions? I have the Helix floor, got the latest updates and I’m on Windows 11.

Thanks for your response, rd2rk. You seem to bail me out each time I have an issue.

I have never used a midi test program, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I did find a "how to" that Sweetwater put out, so I think I did. I can't even get to the point where I can double press a snapshot button. After connecting the Helix to the computer, as soon as (and as long as) I have the "REC" button at the bottom right highlighted, the data on the monitor just keeps scrolling. I have no clue at what I'm looking at, but this is what it scrolls, page after page. It doesn't matter if I'm on an active or empty preset. 

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT              

00002376   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

00002377   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

00002378   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

00002379   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

0000237A   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

0000237B   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

0000237C   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

0000237D   1  --     BF    79    00   16  ---  CC: Reset Cntrl      

This is what I got with a blank preset hitting a snapshot button.

00011B5D   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B5E   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B5F   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B60   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B61   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B62   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B63   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B64   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B65   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B66   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B67   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B68   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B69   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6A   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6B   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6C   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6D   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6E   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B6F   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B70   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B71   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B72   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B73   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 00011B74   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        2F5   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 000122F6   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        
 000122F7   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change        

On 11/8/2023 at 12:31 AM, rd2rk said:

Hope you don't have a MAC, I'm not sure if there's a comparable monitor for MACs.

Re: Apple Mac MIDI built in MIDI Test

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201840

MIDI Monitors

Mac MIDI Monitor:- https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

Plus - Mac/Windows:- https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/

Also this “how to” from M-Audio

https://support.m-audio.com/en/support/solutions/articles/69000812937-using-a-midi-monitor-to-test-a-midi-device

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks Datacommando.

Looking at the link for Windows that you gave me, it does appear that I did everything properly. The only question (or additional step) that the link you gave doesn't show is...  the Sweetwater tutorial mentions "make sure the "R" at the bottom right of the page is highlighted". I don't get any readout unless it is and as soon as I highlight the "R", the page scrolls a million miles an hour, non-stop without me pressing anything. This is what it shows now on a blank preset. Seems to be sending a control change on channel 2 and an all notes off on channel 16, if I'm reading it right. 

0000CA4B   1  --     BF    7B    00   16  ---  CC: All Notes Off    

0000CA4C   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change       

0000CA4D   1  --     BF    7B    00   16  ---  CC: All Notes Off    

0000CA4E   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change       

0000CA4F   1  --     BF    7B    00   16  ---  CC: All Notes Off    

0000CA50   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change       

This is what it shows on a preset with assignments. Once again, as soon as I highlight the "R: at the bottom right of the page, it immediately starts scrolling without me pressing any buttons.

0004BB41   1  --     B4    00    00    5  ---  CC: Bank MSB         

0004BB42   1  --     B0    73    01    1  ---  Control Change       

0004BB43   1  --     B1    03    00    2  ---  Control Change       

0004BB44   1  --     B4    00    00    5  ---  CC: Bank MSB         

0004BB45   1  --     B0    73    01    1  ---  Control Change       

That one shows constant changing on channels 1,2 & 5. Just for the heck of it, I tried using a channel not listed in any of the Midiox readouts (channel 15) on one of the loopers and I still have the problem. 

On 11/8/2023 at 5:54 AM, hoppmyers1 said:

I have never used a midi test program, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I did find a "how to" that Sweetwater put out, so I think I did. I can't even get to the point where I can double press a snapshot button. After connecting the Helix to the computer, as soon as (and as long as) I have the "REC" button at the bottom right highlighted, the data on the monitor just keeps scrolling. I have no clue at what I'm looking at, but this is what it scrolls, page after page. It doesn't matter if I'm on an active or empty preset. 

Since I don't know EXACTLY what you're doing I can't say much except that SOMETHING is not right.

If you've got a MAC then I might not be able to offer anything further except to perform a factory reset.

I am curious about the SW "How to" you mentioned, please link.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:39 AM, hoppmyers1 said:

I am running Windows 11. Here is the link to the Sweetwater tutorial. I was going to do a factory reset next and see what happens. I'll let you know if it makes a difference.

How do I install and use MIDI-OX for Windows? | Sweetwater

If you select OPTIONS>DATA DISPLAY and uncheck the HEX options you'll get the normal CC/PC messages instead of HEX.

There's no reason I can see why you'd be getting ANYTHING using a New Preset and pressing a snapshot twice.

Hopefully the Factory Reset will fix the problem.