Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FW 1.06 Available [now replaced by 1.10]

Digital_Igloo

The new firmware update is awesome! Some new distortion/overdrive pedals, a much needed second phaser pedal with some crucial options, a new flanger and autofilter, a new tremolo, as well as fixes to the Helix app and the issue with the expression pedal losing ability to control the volume after a custom label. The new ability to swap multiple block footswitch assignments from one footswitch to the other is a huge timesaver. L6 is clearly listening to their customers and so far is really on the ball with enhancements and bug fixes. For my money this is the best MFX on the market right now at any price and getting better by the month.  You could not pry this thing away from me. Great job guys! Thank you very much!

The new firmware update is awesome! Some new distortion/overdrive pedals, a much needed second phaser pedal with some crucial options, a new flanger and autofilter, a new tremolo, as well as fixes to the Helix app and the issue with the expression pedal losing ability to control the volume after a custom label. The new ability to swap multiple block footswitch assignments from one footswitch to the other is a huge timesaver. L6 is clearly listening to their customers and so far is really on the ball with enhancements and bug fixes. For my money this is the best MFX on the market right now at any price and getting better by the month.  You could not pry this thing away from me. Great job guys! Thank you very much!

a big +1 from me too... also the 4 sec clearing of the touch select, for a wile I had turned it off because I was sick of constantly having to cansel it because I still have mine on the desk and hand editing presets.

i talked to one of the guys in tech at line 6, he said that there is no need to do global reset on 1.06.  and there hopefully will be an update soon telling us not to do it anymore.

yes but if you didn't this time you won't see the matchstick presets its a great reference or start point for some great presets.

• 2 weeks later...

Freakin' loving the addition of the "Teemah!" overdrive to the Helix. I am sitting in with a friend's band while their guitarist recuperates and I had to set up a preset for a really vintage (old) Jefferson Airplane tune in the set list for their upcoming gig. I probably could have found an amp setting that would have gotten close but the subtle edge that the "Teemah!" is capable of just nailed their sound perfectly. This is a great FX to have when you want a more gentle overdrive that really retains the character of the amp/cab. This was a fantastic choice of effects to add to the Helix!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

re-run the updates, from a different computer if you can.

I'm having similar issues attempting to update multiple Helices. My floorboard is currently bricked (1.0.3) and my line 6 updater cannot "see" my line 6 rack. Really appreciate all the support and advice here.

One worked the other did not. It is locked up. I tried to update starting with older updates and I think that screwed it. I can't connect at all and it does not work. Just tries to rebuild presets until it gets to 209 and then locks up . Any suggestions is appreciated. 

I can confirm that trying to update from a different computer may help the problem.  When I first received my helix rack I tried to update while connected to my Macbook Pro and it failed. The unit would no longer boot.  After some frustration (and a minor heart attack) I tried the update with a mac mini that I had laying around and it worked fine. I hope you get them up and running. I use mine for worship at my church and it has been an amazing upgrade for me.

• 5 weeks later...

Go here:

http://line6.com/software/

In the Software field select Helix. Click on the Beta checkbox. Download the Helix app v1.11 installer. Then run the installer file to install the Helix app, the Line 6 Updater program, and the drivers.

Connect your Helix device to your computer and run the Line6 Updater program to install Helix firmware v1.10

To load IRs, run the Helix app. Select the IR button and then drag/drop or Import the IRs into any slot/location you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the Line6 updater, and after I sign in, it asks me what device I want to update, and the box is just Black, and nothing to choose. getting frustrated with this.

Hi Rclere,

There is nothing to choose because your Helix is not connected. In order to update Helix it must be attached via USB to your computer. The Updater application can then perform the necessary software upgrade. Once the Updater launches follow the on screen instructions and everything should be fine.

Hope this helps.

I downloaded the Line6 updater, and after I sign in, it asks me what device I want to update, and the box is just Black, and nothing to choose. getting frustrated with this.

I presume your Helix is on and connected to your computer when running Line 6 Updater? If so and you're getting the black screen, try putting Helix in update mode as described in the following (the last step in each list for Helix and Helix Rack respectively). Then launch Line 6 Updater.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helix-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768

The helix is connected. I have tried all of these steps to no avail... software is 1.04.3 I have tried the steps you have suggested the line6 updater still will not recognize the Helix, just is black. I am at a loss as to what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I simply can't find the drivers anywhere for download. I always get the editor, but can't find the latest firmware. (I'm on El Capitan).

It must be something stupid on my part.

Is there a link to this download anywhere? Going through the drop down menus takes me nowhere except to the post that describes the software...

The editor download includes the Line 6 Updater, which installs the firmware. I'm on Windows, so I don't know if anything's different for Mac, but I doubt it, on this level.

Back up your Helix before installing. Which I'm sure you know...

If you have already updated Helix or Helix Rack’s firmware to 1.12:

1. Install the 1.12 Editor update, available at http://line6.com/software/.  Check the “Beta†box.

If you have NOT already updated Helix/Helix Rack’s firmware to 1.12, please follow the instructions below:

1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.

2. Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs. If you’re running Helix FW 1.06 or 1.06.5, your current Helix application version should be 1.04. If you’re running Helix FW 1.10, your current Helix application version should be 1.11.

3. Quit the CURRENT EXISTING Helix application and download and install the NEW Helix editor (1.12), available here: http://line6.com/software/ This also installs the newest version of Line 6 Updater (1.09).

4. If you’re using Helix Rack with Helix Control, turn off Helix Control.

5. Using the new Line 6 Updater (1.09), update Helix (or Helix Rack) to the newest firmware (1.12.0). If you’re using Helix Rack with Helix Control, after Helix Rack has been updated, connect and power on Helix Control, and it will update automatically.

6. Using the latest Helix editor (1.12), restore all user presets and IRs.