Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Peckanina

On 8/16/2017 at 1:50 PM, Triryche said:

Click on the Helix log in the plug-in (at the bottom) to authorize your license.

Ermm - well that was the very first thing I did after installing the plug-in. It authorizes Native for me (datacommando) but only as a Trial Version.

Oh, yeah! I have done a Deauthorize  etc. no change!

see pic.

Edited by datacommando
Pic removed to free up space!

So far so good on my MacBook Pro, no glitches on install and authorization, imported a Fremen bank and some IRs, guess now I gotta work on gain staging, since my Helix is in my other residence out of state, I am inputting thru a HI-Z Unison input on my UAD Apollo. latency is there, but hardly noticeable at a 48000, 64 setting in Logic. Anybody else’s using a similar setup?

also a little surprised that there are no stock presets loaded on install...Did I miss a step? (Not that I really need em...)

There are factory presets that should load in the Factory 1 and Factory 2 setlists. If for some reason they didn't load, click on the Helix Native logo at the bottom of the GUI to get to the global settings menu. There's a button there that says "Reload Factory Setlists". That should get them to show up.

• Upvote 1

reaper64 and tripleplay64 crash immediately after inserting an dll on fx

savihost64 crashes right after showing an info box about trial period, see scrn

I'm wondering if the fact that you installed both the VST2 and VST3 versions might not be causing a problem. Technically, it shouldn't matter, but it might be worth uninstalling one of them. I have only ever used the VST3 version in Reaper.

I'm wondering if the fact that you installed both the VST2 and VST3 versions might not be causing a problem. Technically, it shouldn't matter, but it might be worth uninstalling one of them. I have only ever used the VST3 version in Reaper.

Nice catch, from the manual:

*NOTE: If your host DAW application supports VST3, it is recommended that you do not also install the older VST2 format. 

There are factory presets that should load in the Factory 1 and Factory 2 setlists. If for some reason they didn't load, click on the Helix Native logo at the bottom of the GUI to get to the global settings menu. There's a button there that says "Reload Factory Setlists". That should get them to show up.

that did the trick, thanks!  BTW, the stock presets sound super!...also good news for users of the excellent Midi Guitar 2 app, Native loads up fine inside it, both as AU and VST 3 on my MacBook, a great way to use it without having to load up a DAW,  and latency appears to be less noticeable than in Logic in my initial noodling...check it out ..

http://www.jamorigin.com

Loaded Native this AM on Windows 7 64 using Latest Reaper 64 and all is VERY GOOD.  ONLY use VST3.  For those confused on Authorization  there are two boxes - the top to "Buy" and the bottom to 'Try Trial Version".  If you have already purchased just click the "Trial Version Box" and the top button will change to "Authorize".  Follow the "bouncing ball" and all should load.  Make SURE if you are taking advantage of any discounts that your other Line6 items are Registered.  Just using the Line6Updater DOES NOT register your products.

Now . . . . back to my new toy!

• Upvote 1

Assuming you already tried after a fresh reboot, I would definitely open a support ticket, 

Are you launching Triple Play in 64bit mode?

Assuming you already tried after a fresh reboot, I would definitely open a support ticket, 

Are you launching Triple Play in 64bit mode?

Sadly, I can confirm that Native will not load into 64-bit Tripleplay on my Mac.  but as I said earlier, it works great in the MIDI Guitar app..........

Just running this on Windows 7, I7 laptop, in Reaper v 5 (64) - sounds nice but I have lots of latency, unplayable.

where can i fix this?

If you go under Preferences>Audio Device in Reaper, there's a button that says ASIO Settings or something like that. That should open up the dialog box for your interface. Basically latency is a function of your interface, and each one behaves differently depending on its driver. You need to mess with the buffer settings. Some interfaces give you a choice of latency options such as "safe", "reliable", etc.

What interface are you using?

Ermm - well that was the very first thing I did after installing the plug-in. It authorizes Native for me (datacommando) but only as a Trial Version.

Oh, yeah! I have done a Deauthorize  etc. no change!

see pic.

same problem here....purchased native, logged into my line6-account via native plugin. native only shows a trial activation. authorization/de-authorization didn't change that

same problem here....purchased native, logged into my line6-account via native plugin. native only shows a trial activation. authorization/de-authorization didn't change that

Hi Hedon09,

Triryche, Line 6 Expert is looking into it. He thinks it may have been a glitch in the servers, as you may have noticed they went offline for a little while.

One thing that I spotted was – my purchase history shows both the Helix Native Trial and the Native for Helix Owners in the items column. it looks like the full version requires activation, but I'm baffled as to how to do that. If I try to do it through the plug-in it just takes me back to the Store front!

Oh yeah, plus I did a full uninstall, restart and re-install, but still the same.

Just running this on Windows 7, I7 laptop, in Reaper v 5 (64) - sounds nice but I have lots of latency, unplayable.

where can i fix this?

If you go under Preferences>Audio Device in Reaper, there's a button that says ASIO Settings or something like that. That should open up the dialog box for your interface. Basically latency is a function of your interface, and each one behaves differently depending on its driver. You need to mess with the buffer settings. Some interfaces give you a choice of latency options such as "safe", "reliable", etc.

Also, if you are monitoring the plug-in in real time the latency is also a function of your DAW and computer. 

And be sure to select your device's ASIO drivers in your DAW.

Hi Hedon09,

Triryche, Line 6 Expert is looking into it. He thinks it may have been a glitch in the servers, as you may have noticed they went offline for a little while.

One thing that I spotted was – my purchase history shows both the Helix Native Trial and the Native for Helix Owners in the items column. it looks like the full version requires activation, but I'm baffled as to how to do that. If I try to do it through the plug-in it just takes me back to the Store front!

Oh yeah, plus I did a full uninstall, restart and re-install, but still the same.

thx for the info data,

since triryche said it's a temporary situation i will just keep calm and wait for a solution to show up. 15 days left until i start to worry :-)

oh and by the way, i too have both the native and the native trial version in the coloumn of my purchase history.

• Upvote 1

I was trying to see if it would work with the Rocksmith USB cable - but that seems a tad flaky in Reaper. Everytime i try and select anything except the Microsoft Sound Mapper i lose all sound.

EDIT:

After more fiddling I have got it to work with the RS cable - but I still have some latency.

I was trying to see if it would work with the Rocksmith USB cable - but that seems a tad flaky in Reaper. Everytime i try and select anything except the Microsoft Sound Mapper i lose all sound.

EDIT:

After more fiddling I have got it to work with the RS cable - but I still have some latency.

Yeah, RS is not an ASIO device.

Just downloaded the Helix Native plugin demo...went to try it and was asked to sign in to my Line6.com account. I've tried 20 times now to sign in and it is not working. I double checked and even reset my password just in case...still no access to the plugin. Logging in to Line6.com with the same info is working without a problem. Anyone else having this issue?

• Upvote 2

Just downloaded the Helix Native plugin demo...went to try it and was asked to sign in to my Line6.com account. I've tried 20 times now to sign in and it is not working. I double checked and even reset my password just in case...still no access to the plugin. Logging in to Line6.com with the same info is working without a problem. Anyone else having this issue?

same problem on Win10 64 and Cubase9. And my friend with Mac is also having problems - insert effect is not even active (((