Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't purchase until Line 6 does this.......

pearljammy

Not pointing at anyone in particular, because it isn't anyone in particular, or this thread in particular, but it seems like the overall tone around here has gotten more confrontational and abrasive lately, don't know why. Much of the net is like that, but this forum really wasn't, with fairly rare exceptions. Liked that better, personally.

• Upvote 3

Not pointing at anyone in particular, because it isn't anyone in particular, or this thread in particular, but it seems like the overall tone around here has gotten more confrontational and abrasive lately, don't know why. Much of the net is like that, but this forum really wasn't, with fairly rare exceptions. Liked that better, personally.

It's not more confrontational and abrasive.

Just more granular.

• Upvote 1

I'm new to the forum and did not know about the idea website to state an idea.  Instead of directing me there, I've gotten many responses that I feel aren't justified or conducive to anything but letting me know my idea is off based and not warranted. 

I'm continually surprised at people joining a forum who start spouting without getting a read on the vibe of the joint.  When I join a new online community, I'll read a buttload of threads before making my first post. Keeps me from asking stupid questions or pissing in anyone's Cheerios.

• Upvote 1

I'm continually surprised at people joining a forum who start spouting without getting a read on the vibe of the joint.

Twitter Syndrome ;). Now that much of the populace is accustomed to blurting out every unfiltered thought that comes into their heads, often being instantly greeted by a chorus of affirmative responses from fellow seekers of external validation, they often forget that being tactful is still a useful skill, even from behind a keyboard...

• Upvote 1

Ok, but what about the tuner? Am I right? Hello...anyone?

This thread really isn't progressing, so why not totally derail it with some other philosophical sparring?

Tastes great / less filling? Or were you looking for something with a bit more substance? ;)

I'm lost. Did PearlJammy edit his original post? I hate to add fuel to the fire here but when i first read it, i had no indication that anybody could be possibly offended. After seeing a majority of the responses here i reread his post -probably multiple times- to see if i'd missed something. He seems direct and i can't find a clue to why any adult would un-constructively badger him.

To stay on topic, i agree i would like some added flexibility to my Helix. I personally hardly utilize the Mode or Tap switches currently but i've just never paid much attention to them until now. They'd be a welcome addition to the Stomp layout, or any configuration for that matter. Im glad to see this idea is 'In Review' on idea scale as the flexibility could be a big improvement if implemented into an upcoming Helix update. I have high hopes for this.

I'm lost. Did PearlJammy edit his original post? I hate to add fuel to the fire here but when i first read it, i had no indication that anybody could be possibly offended. After seeing a majority of the responses here i reread his post -probably multiple times- to see if i'd missed something. He seems direct and i can't find a clue to why any adult would un-constructively badger him.

To stay on topic, i agree i would like some added flexibility to my Helix. I personally hardly utilize the Mode or Tap switches currently but i've just never paid much attention to them until now. They'd be a welcome addition to the Stomp layout, or any configuration for that matter. Im glad to see this idea is 'In Review' on idea scale as the flexibility could be a big improvement if implemented into an upcoming Helix update. I have high hopes for this.

You ARE PearlJammy!!

• Downvote 1

I'm continually surprised at people joining a forum who start spouting without getting a read on the vibe of the joint.  When I join a new online community, I'll read a buttload of threads before making my first post. Keeps me from asking stupid questions or pissing in anyone's Cheerios.

Buttload?

Ewwww.

Surely, you meant "boatload"?

I'm new to the forum and did not know about the idea website to state an idea.  Instead of directing me there, I've gotten many responses that I feel aren't justified or conducive to anything but letting me know my idea is off based and not warranted. 

I wouldn't worry about it mate.  For some unfathomable reason, some people take personal offence when an item they own, or the company that makes that item, is criticised.  They seem to have the idea that the forum is there for glowing praise alone, anything else is apparently blatant trolling.  Just have a look around this forum and you'll see the same thing again and again, with all the usual suspects leading the attack.  Hilariously sad really.

Don't shoot guys, I love my Helix! :)

-

• Upvote 1