Tarekith

Pedal board power supply for HX Stomp

I'm starting to put together a list of what I will need to build a small pedal board, and I'm getting conflicting info online and from a local guitar store about what options there are for powering the HX Stomp.  Ideally I'd like to use something like the Strymon Ojai or similar, but it looks like this is not possible without a bunch of adaptors and a way to reverse the polarity.  Is this still true, or is there something I'm missing that's changed recently?

It'll be a small board, though all the pedals are higher power draw units.  Basically the Stomp, Volante, and maybe the Timeline as well.  Ideas?

Hi,

indeed it is a real shame what Line 6 did in terms of power connectivity especially for the stomp that is made to live on a pedalboard with other pedals. Different Polarity, different connector. For what? And then in addition they managed to build the worst power adapter I‘ve ever seen.... Just buy a Truetone  1Spot CS6. It works perfectly.

Regards Marco

Thanks Marco.  I'll look into that one some more.

Next research project, low profile right angle midi connectors :)

8 hours ago, mstoffel said:

Hi,

indeed it is a real shame what Line 6 did in terms of power connectivity especially for the stomp that is made to live on a pedalboard with other pedals. Different Polarity, different connector. For what? And then in addition they managed to build the worst power adapter I‘ve ever seen.... Just buy a Truetone  1Spot CS6. It works perfectly.

Regards Marco

1 hour ago, Tarekith said:

Thanks Marco.  I'll look into that one some more, but do you know if it comes with the proper cables too?  I saw it has a polarity reverse, but I didn't notice the HX used a different connector too.

Next research project, low profile right angle midi connectors :)

The Stomp is center negative, just like the vast majority of pedals out there. The reason so many solutions require a polarity swap is because the 3rd party L6 cable adaptors (to bring the size down to standard) were designed for older L6 tech that was center positive and also reversed polarity. So if you're using the L6 adaptor you have to use a polarity reverse cable to bring it BACK to center negative.

With that said the Truetones are great. I own the 12. Both the 6 and the 12 come with all the cables.