Hi,

After a year quite happy with my helix, I decided to take it one step further and buy a variax. I was eyeing the jtv-89f red a couple of months ago, and I was ready to make the purchase at the end of this month. To my surprise I checked the guitar today and it’s not available in any major European store, in Thomann is delisted.

Not just this one, but it seems that every variax model (except for the shuriken) is going away.

Does anyone know what’s gonna happen to the variax guitars?

thank you.

No, But the floyd rose version was always a limited run.

the variax standard and shuriken models are the new ones... i wouldn't be surprised to learn all the JTV models are going to get harder to find.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, TheRealZap said:

No, But the floyd rose version was always a limited run.

the variax standard and shuriken models are the new ones... i wouldn't be surprised to learn all the JTV models are going to get harder to find.

Seems to me it was the stop-tail 89 that they only made a handful of, no? I've always seen more of the Floyd's floating around (pun intended ;) )

Anyway,  to the OP... there's a new "Are the JTV's being discontinued?" thread every couple of weeks it seems... and this has been going on for years now. You can't believe much of what anybody at some retail chain tells you, because all they're doing is parroting what their inventory program spits out...9 times out of 10, they don't actually "know" anything... and a month or two from now, the same guy, staring at the same computer, could just as easily report "Looks like we're getting some in on the 15th". Bottom line is, nobody knows except Line 6, and they don't talk much.

Yes,... stopped making the 89 stop tail, 89F is still out there.

I ordered a JTV69 a couple of months ago on a Line 6 special financing offer. All JTV models were out of stock at the time and my order was put in the backorder queue. Later I found out that the supplier hadn't had this model since Nov. 2018. My backordered guitar is not supposed to arrive until sometime in October, 2019. I understand they had to switch from rosewood fingerboards to ebony; maybe that's the delay. I would think that most of the next shipment of this model and the Les Paul model will be sold out. I wish Line 6 would let the world know what the status of these guitars is and is going to be in the future, and the reason for such a long delay.

20 hours ago, eray said:

I ordered a JTV69 a couple of months ago on a Line 6 special financing offer. All JTV models were out of stock at the time and my order was put in the backorder queue. Later I found out that the supplier hadn't had this model since Nov. 2018. My backordered guitar is not supposed to arrive until sometime in October, 2019. I understand they had to switch from rosewood fingerboards to ebony; maybe that's the delay. I would think that most of the next shipment of this model and the Les Paul model will be sold out. I wish Line 6 would let the world know what the status of these guitars is and is going to be in the future, and the reason for such a long delay.

Interesting. I really thought they were done producing the JTV's. If you actually get the guitar, let us know. Having an ebony FB will make it pretty unique.

4 hours ago, specracer986 said:

Interesting. I really thought they were done producing the JTV's. If you actually get the guitar, let us know. Having an ebony FB will make it pretty unique.

Not really...mine's had an ebony fretboard for years now...;)

5 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Not really...mine's had an ebony fretboard for years now...;)

Ok, I didn't fully think that statement out. I guess my JTV with a Bubinga fb could be the rarest yet. But I don't think I've heard of any stock JTV necks coming with ebony, unless I missed that.