HELIX LT FAQ
Is this real or some sort of sick April Fools' Day joke?
Helix LT is Helix’s very real, more affordable little brother. Helix, Helix Rack/Control, and Helix LT all have the same DSPs (2x 450MHz ADSP-21469 SHARCS), modeling engines, models, A/D/A converters, op amps, and patented Guitar In with 123dB of dynamic range. They are sonically identical.
Compared to Helix, the differences with Helix LT are:
- No scribble strip LCDs (middle eight footswitch assignments appear on Helix LT’s new colorful Performance view)
- Fewer Ins and Outs:
- 2 Sends/Returns as opposed to 4 (can be stereo linked)
- No mic preamp
- No Aux In
- No S/PDIF In/Out
- Exp 2 In and dual Ext Amp Out share a single jack (function is globally selectable)
- No Exp 3 jack
- No CV Out jack
- Less expensive chassis:
- Folded steel top chassis as opposed to extruded aluminum
- Folded steel expression pedal as opposed to cast aluminum
- Impact-resistant ABS side panels with rubber overmolding (like those on Helix Control) as opposed to cast aluminum side panels
- No separate Phones knob (headphone volume is controlled by main Volume knob)
- No 10 Stomp footswitch mode; Stomp mode is limited to 8 switches
- Pedal Edit select view displays 8 blocks at a time instead of 10
- Registered Helix LT owners can purchase the Helix Native plug-in for $299 (normally $399; registered Helix and Helix Rack owners get it for $99)
So IR loading, Snapshots, Command Center, hands free Pedal Edit mode, up to 4 amps at once… all that stuff is included?
Can I still custom label my footswitches?
Sure; any custom labels appear in Performance View.
Okay, but what about [feature or model found in Helix]?
Read the top question again. If it’s not mentioned in the list, it’s in Helix LT.
Will there be an editor?
There’s already an editor. The same Helix application works with Helix, Helix Rack/Control, and Helix LT. Just update it to version 2.20.
Can I use Helix or Helix Rack presets in Helix LT?
Yes. Presets are fully transferrable between Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, and the Helix Native plug-in.
Will Helix LT receive updates along with Helix and Helix Rack/Control?
That's the plan.
Where are all the audio clips?
There are already hundreds of clips, as Helix LT sounds exactly like Helix.
Is Helix LT much smaller and lighter than Helix?
Not really—it’s about an inch narrower; depth and height are about the same. Helix LT is 2-1/2 pounds lighter (12.0 lbs vs. Helix’s 14.6 lbs); it’ll fit perfectly in Helix Backpack.
If it's not that much lighter, what does LT stand for?
Any plans to add LT’s Performance View to Helix and Helix Rack/Control?
Most likely not, as the scribble strip LCDs accomplish the same thing.
You guys busted this one out pretty quick, huh?
Development on Helix LT began before Helix and Helix Rack/Control were even announced.
What’s the price?
$999.99 US MAP.
What’s the population of Slovenia?
What’s the release date?
April 3, 2017. So now.
Wait. “Now” as in I might be able to call my dealer and snag Helix LT today?