Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

Thank you, DI.  You have no idea how refreshing it is to float a (relatively outside) idea like that and have a product manager say "cool idea", rather than "huh?" or "no way."  Even if the idea never gets implemented, there's tremendous value in this.

I'm interested in the rack version for studio work and would love to see some sort of AAX/VST plug-in that would allow you to save and recall your settings for the track.  This way I could come back to a session and get the same exact sound for the track.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HELIX-AAX-VST-Plugin-to-Remember-Settings/742318-23508

• Upvote 1

added link.

I'm interested in the rack version for studio work and would love to see some sort of AAX/VST plug-in that would allow you to save and recall your settings for the track.  This way I could come back to a session and get the same exact sound for the track.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HELIX-AAX-VST-Plugin-to-Remember-Settings/742318-23508

what about "tone match"???

This could come in the form of some sort of multiplatform app (or an extension for the editor), because most of what's necessary is already in the Helix, but, as I imagine it, it's a huge amount of work.

For example, an app that, given an audio sample (and that's way too broad), could analyze the kind of amp, cab, effects, guitar, picking technique, material of the pick, etc... That seems to me the kind of task that needs sheer computing power, awesome design and a truckload of code... if possible at all.

Years ago, I used Steinberg's Free Filter to achieve wonderful results in general eq curve matching, but the character had to be there to start with.

the other part of any delay in any sort of tone match offerings... is that currently there are no tones to match to....

after helix is out a while and a custom tone library builds up... it might make more sense....

just a little friendly debate on it though... not that i know anything about the prospect one way or the other.

Just a reminder everyone...

If you can, submit every model, feature, tweak, or other suggestion as a separate IdeaScale submission. Otherwise, there's no way for us to know which item everyone's voting up (or down).

For example, if you list fifteen high-gain amps in a big list and everyone votes it up, which amps are we to tackle first?

Cheers!

Just added Friedman amp/cab model pack for Helix and HD series.

Would love to see pack of Friedman amps and cabs for the Helix and the HD series.

Heads:

- BE-100 (3 modes BE, HBE, CLEAN)

- Buxom Betty

- Dirty Shirley

Cabs:

- Buxom Betty 112 (Celestion G12M Creamback)

- 412 Cab ( 2 Celestion Greenbacks -top, 2 Celestion Vintage 30's - bottom)

I'm sure many would gladly pay up for this model pack.  Vote it up!  :P

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Friedman-Amp-Pack/754564-23508

added

Just added Friedman amp/cab model pack for Helix and HD series.

Would love to see pack of Friedman amps and cabs for the Helix and the HD series.

Heads:

- BE-100 (3 modes BE, HBE, CLEAN)

- Buxom Betty

- Dirty Shirley

Cabs:

- Buxom Betty 112 (Celestion G12M Creamback)

- 412 Cab ( 2 Celestion Greenbacks -top, 2 Celestion Vintage 30's - bottom)

I'm sure many would gladly pay up for this model pack.  Vote it up!  :P

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Friedman-Amp-Pack/754564-23508

Sorry if I'm missing something. If there were ever a Helix plugin, why would reamping be necessary at all? All the processing would be right in the DAW, and you could just perform a bounce-in-place, which is often faster than real time.

I think it's just a confusing wording....

i don't think he means re amp via helix...

i think he means reamp the recording... like pod farm plugin....

i'm sure he'll confirm as much...

:)

Sorry if I'm missing something. If there were ever a Helix plugin, why would reamping be necessary at all? All the processing would be right in the DAW, and you could just perform a bounce-in-place, which is often faster than real time.

I added it, labeled it as Helix plugin (computer re-amping)

since i believe that's your intent...

let me know if that's not what you had in mind.

Seems like the same request.

I'm guessing there is some overlap of votes (we can only see the last 20 names), but the true total is likely more than 76. 

Anyone know the real number?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is an appropriate place to put this but I would love to see a USB 3.0 or better on the Helix.

Helix is USB 2.0. USB 3.0 audio interfaces are actually rather few and far between. There aren't many 3.0 audio controller chips out there from what I understand.

If you can, submit every model, feature, tweak, or other suggestion as a separate IdeaScale submission. Otherwise, there's no way for us to know which item everyone's voting up (or down).

In this spirit, I've just added a Helix-specific Mesa/Boogie MkIIc+ request.  Done right, this is about the only high-gain amp I'll ever need.  Please vote if you consider it essential.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc+/772605-23508

Every time I try to add tags to this request, I get a "tag includes forbidden characters" error.  So this is probably about the only way you'll find it.  :/

I think the Mark V would be a better choice given that it encompasses the entire history of the Mark series, including the II C+.

I would agree with you if any given amp model in the Helix included switching for all modes and voices of the real amp in question, but this is not generally the case.  If they did a high-gain Mk V, I'd personally want it in the MkIIc+ voicing (vs. Mk IV or insane), and then we're just talking semantics.

For what it's worth, I got to sit down with a MkV:25 a couple of weeks ago.  Took about 10 minutes before I found my old groove in the MkIIc+ mode, and determined that if I were to buy one, it would probably never leave that mode (except for clean tones.)  :)  Never should have sold my MkIIc+ all those years ago.  :(