Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

The splitter needs a true A/B function, as in A or B. This will enable simpler channel management.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/True-A-B-splitter/794705-23508

I am raising this issue again because on further experimentation, it is not operating as described.

1. Put in two gain blocks and drop one down to path B.
2. Set the Split for "Split A/B" and assign a footswitch to it.
3. Drop the Merge block down so it has a separate output.
4. Pan one output full-left, the other full-right.
5. Listen via headphones only.
6. With the split set for "even split", operate the footswitch. No change can be heard.
7. With the split set for A100, operate the footswitch. You will hear output in both ears or one ear.
8. With the split set for B100, operate the footswitch. You will hear output in both ears or the other ear.

There is no combo of settings that I can find that offer A-only or B-only for the split function.
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, I just submitted a new idea, would love to get some votes for it.  Basically allows a Performance View (akin to the HD500) to show the patch name and a few user-configurable text fields below for things like song key, tempo, etc.  Here's the link:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Performance-View-display-option-on-Helix/802305-23508?submitted=1

And here's the write-up:

The HD500 allowed 3 different display views. This idea is to support a 2nd view in Helix that takes advantage of the larger display to provide additional information for the user during performances.

First, the user would be able to 3 or more new generic text fields where song-specific could be stored. Let's say they would be called User1, User2, and User3. Each field would then support up to 16 characters of text (or more if possible) assigned to them. Once the fields are populated, when Performance View is chosen, these fields would appear in order under the name of the currently selected patch. For example, here's the template layout:

Patch Name

User1

User2

User3

And here's an example with the fields populated, where I've assigned the string "Key: C" to field User1, "Tempo: 120" to User2, and "Tuning: Drop D" to User3.

Chalice of M'eh

Key: C

Tempo: 120

Tuning: Drop D

The idea is to allow the user to populate the fields with any content they wish, such as capo positions, guitar choice, song notes, etc.

• Upvote 1

My idea: Extend Looper capability with add-on unit w SDHC memory card

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Extend-Looper-capability-with-add-On-pedal-w-SDHC-memory-card/802351-23508?submitted=1

The suggestion is to manufacture an add-on pedal - for example a second Swell pedal - with say a single scribble-strip - a single pedal button - a "Swell" AND .... a slot for an SDHC card on the side - and a USB socket to be connected to the main Helix ( via USB of course ). If necessary some kind of USB-Splitter thing could be built-in so that while this SDHC extender pedal is connected to the main Helix the Helix can still connect over USB to any other device - say a computer or iPad etc.. for audio etc. 

The current Helix unfortunately does not have an SDHC card slot - which would have allowed Helix to have much more power due to the vastly increased storage capacity of such 1GB+ memory cards - easily available and cheap. The new breed of looper pedals are now supporting such SSD based cards and they allow not only for minutes to hours worth of Looping/recording time - but extend features such as playing backing tracks - multi tracks - and more importantly - allowing SEVERAL SEPARATE LOOPS to be built-up and triggered independently.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a huge upgrade to the desktop software pack that allows creating patches, not just loading and managing them.

Would be awesome to have a very visual UI, with shelves of pedals and amps that you drag and drop, visual mic placement etc etc. There are plenty of other examples of this out there. 

I know the Helix is really easy to programme on the unit compared to other products, but I still think this would be a great addition. It also means you could create patches when you have an idea on your computer and your not in front of the machine... like when you're pretending to work!

I'm all about using ears but visualisation of eq curves and dynamics would be a nice touch.  

I'd like to second, third and fourth this one!!!

A level-meter or even just a peak-indicator would help a lot. Also, if these were available as a block or that one could check the level/eq-curve at any point of the signal chain. Would be very professional <3

• Upvote 2

MIDI-CONTROLLER Block where all footswitches become MIDI pedal

Idea Actions

•  

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/MIDI-CONTROLLER-Block-where-all-footswitches-become-MIDI-pedal/802355-23508

I would be able to have a special block - linked to a foot-switch which - when turned on - makes all 8 ( or more ) foot-switches become MIDI controllers. In this mode each switch would have dedicated scribble-strip names i could customise. This would operate in there same way now can switch in and out of the LOOPER mode and allow for control of stuff like Ableton or external loopers- whatever

I realise there is some existing MIDI controller functionality for foot-switches already. But I need the scribble strips AND the foots-switches to ONLY act as MIDI controllers in this mode - while being able to return to normal control of effects etc by exiting this. 

This would be much in the similar fashion to how we currently enter or exit the LOOPER mode in the Helix

This might be used for example to control Loops or scenes in Ableton over MIDI via mapping - or some kind of sequencer control during live mode. 

A single pedal would have to be dedicated to EXIT - to exit back to normal mode.

Please vote if you agree or would like this feature:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/DSP-warning-on-display/802902-23508

DSP warning on display

Since many times we're surprised about a DSP limit being reached (of some sort) and new users wonder why certain options are grayed out due to DSP limits. Put an indicator of some sort on the display (upper right hand corner?) that says "DSP" in yellow or something like that.

This would denote "the next addition in a chain could be limited in some way due to DSP".

• Upvote 1

Multiple looper blocks:  http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-Looper-effect-blocks-for-Helix/741138-23508

Think of the possibilities:  repeating textures within song structures, intuitive launching of verse/chorus/etc parts (based on what you personally consider intuitive!), etc.

I'm in favour of this - trouble is there is very limited time in the Helix for this - due to storage limitations. A great shame. Which is why I have proposed an add-on device - some kind of pedal that includes an SDHC card slot to hold a huge amount of looper-time.   In future Helixes this could be built in. In the meantime adding my suggestion will allow Helix to become an UBER-LOOPER  !! :) 

Here is my own Feature request: 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Extend-Looper-capability-with-add-On-pedal-w-SDHC-memory-card/802351-23508?submitted=1

Extend Looper capability with add-on unit w SDHC memory card

Idea Actions

•  

"Manufacture an add-on device - say a second Swell pedal - or a foot-controller-extension WITH a built-in slot for an SDHC card on the side and a USB socket to be connected to the main Helix ( via USB of course ). If necessary some kind of USB-Splitter thing could be built-in so that while this SDHC extender pedal is connected to the main Helix the Helix can still connect over USB to any other device - say a computer or iPad etc.. for audio etc. 

The Helix Looper software could then be modified significantly to support very advanced types of Looper functionality - making use of the storage of the SDHC card - accessed over the USB connection.

The current Helix unfortunately does not have an SDHC card slot - which would have allowed Helix to have much more power due to the vastly increased storage capacity of such 1GB+ memory cards - easily available and cheap. The new breed of looper pedals are now supporting such SSD based cards and they allow not only for minutes to hours worth of Looping/recording time - but extend features such as playing backing tracks - multi tracks - and more importantly - allowing SEVERAL SEPARATE LOOPS to be built-up and triggered independently.

Having had the Helix for only a short amount of time - the sheer power and user-friendliness of the LCD Scribble-strips above each pedal only makes me want even more pedals-with-LCD-Scribble-Strips. So I think another way to add my "SDHC extender unit" to the Helix product range would be to produce an add-on foot pedal controller unit - similar to say the HELIX CONTROL - but maybe with less switches ( 4, 8, whatever ) and maybe with a swell pedal - AND containing that vital SDHC slot. 

And then of course - in future Helix models - Helix II - such a SDHC slot ( and functionality ) can simply be built into the main Helix unit itself - to make Helix into the end-all of Loopers as well as multi-fx boxes !"

New Idea:

Line 6 should commission artists to create custom presets, kind of like TC Electronic do with their Tone Prints.

I'd love to have some from people like Pete Thorn, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, John Pretucci etc. etc. create custom amp and effects presets. These guys are kings of tone, so let's see what they can do with Helix!

• Upvote 1

New Idea:

Line 6 should commission artists to create custom presets, kind of like TC Electronic do with their Tone Prints.

I'd love to have some from people like Pete Thorn, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, John Pretucci etc. etc. create custom amp and effects presets. These guys are kings of tone, so let's see what they can do with Helix!

Good idea, you might want to put this in Ideascale and post the link back on this topic.

I'd like to second, third and fourth this one!!!

A level-meter or even just a peak-indicator would help a lot. Also, if these were available as a block or that one could check the level/eq-curve at any point of the signal chain. Would be very professional <3

Hi,

Is it so...that HELIX, being a floating point DSP, allows for no worries in regard to signal headroom? Like... Is there is just no way that you could get digital clipping in there? Then I can imagine a VU-meter not being necessary. But an A/D converter with infinite headroom? I fifth this motion anyway because I love to get more stuff!!!

Hi,

I was setting up my v-Rig on my brand new Helix (and loving it) but ran into one unfulfilled need. That is, I was hoping that trailing functionality would be able to overstep the patch boundary. Lets say you have a nice long delay or reverb going on and the next song is coming up. You switch to the next preset and the last 4 seconds of reverb or delay wouldn't abruptly stop. I thought trailing was the answer but no. Trailing will work if you switch off the block but only while you stay in the patch's context. 

Ok...I thought... well there is enough space to move to, you can make a B path or combine different blocks on or off and so. And surely you can establish great things with all of it. But wouldn't it be great if Line6 would make yet a 3rd mode as in: Bank, Stompbox and... SCENES!!!!

Imagine that! Just changing parameters on the available blocks in the preset... it's so easy to do program wise! Is an easy win! You setup all the blocks you love then program clean, crunch, dreamy, excited, solo (or whatever you would like to call them)  scenes on different switches. Then each switch changes everything without braking the trails. Dreamy might enlarge feedback on the delay, higher the depth and lower the speed on the trem, and change the Exp1 to wah with a small scope in the low range. Then solo would up the gain on the distortion block, change Exp1 to volume or so... you get the picture. And then still make the swithing latch or temp... That would make it even more versatile. How do you guys feel about it? Cheers.

Before the helix I was using MI effects boost N buff v3. Probably my most favorite pedal!! I added it to the loop and a/b that and the Top Secret OD. They both were very close in comparison with the boost and voicing. Not sure if you are after a clean boost but this is working for me.

I have added two Ideas to the Scale:

1) Posibility to choose if the Amp+Cab are inserted as one Block or two separate blocks:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Amp+Cab-insert-as-separate-blocks/804050-23508

2) Helix Editor: Show how often an IR is in use:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Editor-Show-the-number-how-often-an-IR-is-used/804054-23508

• Upvote 1

Submitted idea for multiple global eq's.

I would like to see seperate global eq for 1/4 and xlr. I know I can set my patches to sound good on my monitors and send global eq'd signal to pa, but sometimes the stage/room affects the monitor tone as well.

I would give up some preset memory to have Mutiple Global eq's with presets for each.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Seperate-global-eq-s-1-4-xlr/804057-23508

A really good Boost pedal would be very useful. I know you can do a boost with the eq but i would like to some dedicated boost, there are some very good ones out there to model.

Not that I disagree, but I find the Klon model works really well as a boost with low gain settings.

Block on/off state should be saved automatically in a temp area so that when returning to a scene that includes channel switching on a high end multi channel amp you would not have to double every time to get the needed fx block combination. This way you can use scene/stomp combination mode very effectively with a multi channel amp. In my case a 4 ch amp with an RJM mini amp gizmo to do ch switching with midi. The possibilities are endless. :rolleyes:

Note, the momentary switch function with trails for time base fx is something I'm looking forward to!!!

I have added two Ideas to the Scale:

1) Posibility to choose if the Amp+Cab are inserted as one Block or two separate blocks:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Amp+Cab-insert-as-separate-blocks/804050-23508

I am not sure how easily this could be done as I think Line6 mentioned in a post somewhere that the amp+cab combinations had been optimized so that they used less DSP than a separate amp and cab. If this is not the case or if this changes this would be a great feature. Although, maybe you could still have the option, knowing that picking them as separate amp & cab would eat up more DSP.

I am not sure how easily this could be done as I think Line6 mentioned in a post somewhere that the amp+cab combinations had been optimized so that they used less DSP than a separate amp and cab. If this is not the case or if this changes this would be a great feature. Although, maybe you could still have the option, knowing that picking them as separate amp & cab would eat up more DSP.

I don't know if it's technically possible. I don't mean that it should always be separated but the user should be able to choose if it is inserted as one block or as separate block. So the optimized block would still be there but also the option to insert as separate blocks with one click.

Fix Amp Switching for Mesa Boogie Amps to Support 4 Cable Method

Appears an outboard DIY relay is need to make this work, see thread for discussion:  http://line6.com/support/topic/16178-helix-4cm-amp-switch-mesa-v25-and-mesa-mini-rect-not-working/.   Amp switching should be support for ubiquitous pro-level amps such as Mesa Boogie and other related.  

I posted this idea on TGP (pg 962 Line6 Helix discussion) yesterday and got a few thumbs-up so I'm brining it to your attention for consideration.

I've set up a patch that switches between the two Matchless channels, all associated with one foot-switch on an either/or basis: would it be possible to change the scribble script from Matchless Ch1 to Matchless Ch2 when I switch between the two channels?

There were a couple of suggestions from folk who answered that seemed not be outside the realms of possibility.

• Upvote 1

I just updated my suggestions for an add-on box to Helix that would contain an HDSC SSD card slot to allow for much more powerful looping features ( even like in the new Digitech Trio+ maybe ? ) so that it includes WI-FI too.  Here is the link and description of my suggestion in full:  

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Extend-Looper-capability-with-add-on-unit-w-SDHC-memory-card/802351-23508

Manufacture an add-on device - say a second Swell pedal - or a foot-controller-extension WITH a built-in slot for an SDHC card on the side and a USB socket to be connected to the main Helix ( via USB of course ).  If necessary some kind of USB-Splitter thing could be built-in so that while this SDHC extender pedal is connected to the main Helix the Helix can still connect over USB to any other device - say a computer or iPad etc.. for audio etc.  

This "extender" box could ALSO finally incorporate WI-FI built-in in order to finally allow the Helix to be controlled. programmed and managed over Wi-Fi - by for example an iPad. 

The Helix Looper software could then be modified significantly to support very advanced types of Looper functionality  - making use of the storage of the SDHC card - accessed over the USB connection.

The current Helix unfortunately does not have an SDHC card slot - which would have allowed Helix to have much more power due to the vastly increased storage capacity of such 1GB+ memory cards - easily available and cheap.  The new breed of looper pedals are now supporting such SSD based cards and they allow not only for minutes to hours worth of Looping/recording time - but extend features such as playing backing tracks - multi tracks -  and more importantly - allowing SEVERAL SEPARATE LOOPS to be built-up and triggered independently.

Having had the Helix for only a short amount of time - the sheer power and user-friendliness of the LCD Scribble-strips above each pedal  only makes me want even more pedals-with-LCD-Scribble-Strips.  So I think another way to add my "SDHC extender unit" to the Helix product range would be to produce an add-on foot pedal controller unit -  similar to  say the HELIX CONTROL  - but maybe with less switches ( 4, 8, whatever ) and maybe with a swell pedal - AND containing that vital SDHC slot. 

And then of course - in future Helix models -  Helix II -   such a SDHC slot ( and functionality ) can simply be built into the main Helix unit itself - to make Helix into the end-all of Loopers   as well as multi-fx boxes !

Rotary Knob GUI display readout of Volume/tone type parameters

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Rotary-Knob-GUI-display-readout-of-Volume-tone-type-parameters/805218-23508?submitted=1

Currently we get a linear representation of an amps drive, tone, master etc settings. This isn't very clear. 

Much better would be the typical circle "pie-chart-slice" type of rotary-know style readouts we get with VST type plugins and elsewhere. ( or the Kemper comes to mind ! ),

This need only be small - just enough size and colour scheme etc to be able to instantly tell whether a setting is on 90% , 10% or 50 of "full".

The highest accuracy spec I could find in tuners on the market were the Peterson tuners and their accuracy(which is actually granularity) spec (0.1 cents) is exactly the same as the Helix would be if they were to add additional brackets per the suggestion DI made for entering into Ideascale in response to a post on another thread. Peterson also has highly granular software tuners for the iPhone & Android phone, but no more granular than the potential the Helix has according to DI. The Peterson site has some interesting options for tuning if you ever want to compare or have a highly granular  second tuner. I don't think they will provide anything the Helix can't hopefully do in the future though, and I do want to stress that I already find the tuner to be top-notch and extremely accurate. It sounds like the potential is there to make it even more granular(roughly 10x more granular) if they add the additional brackets above the green bar, so I added the following idea to Ideascale which also requests a strobe function.

You can vote for it here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Increase-granularity-potential-on-tuner-and-add-strobe-function/805253-23508

Links to the Peterson tuners site:

Rackmount

http://www.sweetwate...CFccXHwod5HQEyA

Clip-On

https://www.peterson...cts/stroboclip/

iPhone Tuner

https://www.peterson...ts/istrobosoft/

Android Tuner

https://www.peterson...ts/istrobosoft/

Well, another technical one:

Allow to assign Global EQ to only Left or Right XLR output

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Allow-to-assign-Global-EQ-to-only-Left-or-Right-XLR-output/805342-23508

Why don't you just use the 1/4" outs for your guitar and the XLR outs for your vocals (or vice versa)? You can already set the global EQ so it can apply to either the 1/4" outs or XLRs or both.