Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

That's what I meant when I said that the entire history of the Mark amps is encompassed in the Mark V, so Line 6 would need to model ALL of its voicings in order to do that. For sure!

Well, I'd vote for that for sure, but sometimes you've got to pick your battles.  If it takes them a man-month to do an amp (one voicing), I'd want the IIc+ pushed to the front.   :)

Of course it may be that there's another model in the Helix already - of something I've never played or heard - that cops a IIc+ tone pretty well, and that would lessen the very relative "urgency" considerably.  We shall see...

• Upvote 1

Well, that's actually a good question. Does the one man-month refer to just one channel (voicing in the case of amps like the Mark V) of an amp or an entire amp? Hopefully we can get more clarification from Line 6 in order to make more informed decisions as to what we would like to see them work on next.

Added

In this spirit, I've just added a Helix-specific Mesa/Boogie MkIIc+ request.  Done right, this is about the only high-gain amp I'll ever need.  Please vote if you consider it essential.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc+/772605-23508

Every time I try to add tags to this request, I get a "tag includes forbidden characters" error.  So this is probably about the only way you'll find it.  :/

Well, that's actually a good question. Does the one man-month refer to just one channel (voicing in the case of amps like the Mark V) of an amp or an entire amp? Hopefully we can get more clarification from Line 6 in order to make more informed decisions as to what we would like to see them work on next.

It really depends on the amp. I suspect providing all channels in a Mark V or Diezel VH4 might take longer than a month, but I'm not in sound design.

It really depends on the amp. I suspect providing all channels in a Mark V or Diezel VH4 might take longer than a month, but I'm not in sound design.

I just want to get an idea of what would be a realistic request. You say that modeling all voicings on a Mark V would probably take more than a month. But how much longer? 9 months (1 month/voicing)? 2 months? 5 months? I understand that you can't provide this answer, but it would be good to know if someone from sound design could chime in on this.

Thanks!

not even that... i just added the link to vote to the first post in this thread. :)

along with lots of other great ideas... and some.... uh ideas ;) 

I'm guessing that means "request added to IdeaScale" and not "model added to Helix"?  Don't tease me like that!   ;)

not even that... i just added the link to vote to the first post in this thread. :)

along with lots of other great ideas... and some.... uh ideas ;)

Oh, awesome, thanks - I hadn't even been paying attention to that post!  Well, that puts just about everything I could personally hope for on the list.  The only thing I note is that this idea has the wrong link attributed; it navigates to the "more bass stuff" idea:

Global Signal/Spillover:

http://line6.ideasca...ix/741738-23508

Should be:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Optional-Global-signal-path-Spillover/741927-23508

the link in your post was wonky... but i got the right link and sorted it out... all good, thanks!

Oh, awesome, thanks - I hadn't even been paying attention to that post!  Well, that puts just about everything I could personally hope for on the list.  The only thing I note is that this idea has the wrong link attributed; it navigates to the "more bass stuff" idea:

Global Signal/Spillover:

http://line6.ideasca...ix/741738-23508

Should be:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Optional-Global-signal-path-Spillover/741927-23508

• Upvote 1

Not trying to start a negative aspect to this thread....

but i was thinking that it might be a good thing if people not only voted FOR the ideas they like...

but also voting against the ones, where they feel the time might be better spent on other ideas...

this will help the ideas you agree with, and more strongly support, float to the top.

but i was thinking that it might be a good thing if people not only voted FOR the ideas they like...

but also voting against the ones, where they feel the time might be better spent on other ideas...

this will help the ideas you agree with, and more strongly support, float to the top.

Cage match!

This is understandable.  As of now I think I have voted against almost as many as I have voted for.

Not sure I like this - any idea that is of no immediate use to yourself you vote down so that your idea gets a relatively higher ranking.  

I would agree if people thought about the ideas properly and considered the scenarios where they would be used even though they personally haven't or wouldn't use them, but this is the internet were there are enough people that troll for the fun of it, or who like to start arguments, and that is before the multitude of native languages are considered.

I think I would rather people just ignored Ideas that they don't think apply to them and reserve down-voting for where the idea would compromise the way that they work at the moment, and that they should comment to explain why they down voted.

I have seen plenty of really good suggestions with negative votes and if the reason for the negative vote was "I wouldn't use that in my specific circumstances" then I think that is a shamefully self-centred attitude to take.

• Upvote 3

I would agree if people thought about the ideas properly and considered the scenarios where they would be used even though they personally haven't or wouldn't use them, but this is the internet were there are enough people that troll for the fun of it, or who like to start arguments, and that is before the multitude of native languages are considered.

I have seen plenty of really good suggestions with negative votes and if the reason for the negative vote was "I wouldn't use that in my specific circumstances" then I think that is a shamefully self-centred attitude to take.

Even though I have voted against several options, I have also voted for several options, that I would never use. For instance DT Integration (I don't own a DT amp, nor will I, but I can see it definitely needs to be added for the bigger picture! I voted for things like Dual Big screen, and Scenes... Even though I am just a studio musician, which that doesn't affect me.

However, when people are asking for a whole slew of Fuzz stompboxes in it, when it has more Fuzz style models than any other stompbox, then yea I voted that one down.

Internet has trolls, but honestly no more than "real life." So many people in "real life" easily value personal feelings/beliefs/opinions higher than logic/reason/facts/evidence.. That is the epitome of self-centered attitude, and is basically trolling reality, and society. Just as a rock hard example :)

But there are also people who see the bigger picture.

Forced rankings might have an affect on what models we might do in the future, but it's not like "oh, feature [X] has 36 votes after three months and feature [Y] has 34 votes after three months, so we better do feature [X]." We consider each and every IdeaScale submission.

• Upvote 1

the flipside... is if they have to pick one feature over the other... because of whatever reason...

would you want them to work on the ones that benefit you....

of course....

don't be silly... it's YOUR vote... and YOUR opinion that you are adding to the mix....

everyone else has the same opportunity....

go for the throat man....

:D

they can vote negative with or without my encouragement... and the cream is still going to float to the top....

numbers don't lie...

why not try and make the best cream possible?

Not sure I like this - any idea that is of no immediate use to yourself you vote down so that your idea gets a relatively higher ranking.  

I think I would rather people just ignored Ideas that they don't think apply to them and reserve down-voting for where the idea would compromise the way that they work at the moment, and that they should comment to explain why they down voted.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the Line 6 folks don't have unlimited time, money, or engineers... So one of the aspects of whether they spend the time/money to implement a requested feature is bound to be "how many people will use it."

As a result, although it could be a bit selfish to downvote ideas you personally wouldn't use just because your circumstances wouldn't call for them, it does have the positive effect of giving Line 6 feedback about who would and wouldn't need that idea.

Like the UK voting system then - first past the post wins... means that the party that got 12.5% of the national vote gets 1 seat in parliament while another party that only got 4.7% of the vote gets 56 seats.

There is a psychological aspect here - if you see an idea that has -13 votes you won't even bother looking at it just assuming that it is flawed when it could be a really good idea such as real time Helix control of Variax with 60 votes for from Variax owners and 73 down votes by people that don't own a Variax and who by your logic have to downvote all Variax related ideas so they can have another metal amp added.

Fortunately I believe that L6 do actually look at each idea on it's merit, and it is only between ideas such as "Give us a Boogie Mk IV" vs "Give us a Boogie Mk II" where the relative votes will have any real influence

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So, if you were wishing for more compressor choices, what would the be? The effect list shows three: a Line 6 original, an LA2A and an MXR Dynacomp. I think an 1176 would be nice, as it's another studio compressor that I've heard works well on guitar. Perhaps some of the newer boutique pedals, such as the Keeley four knob or an orange squeeze type.

• Upvote 1

New idea: reverse functionality of bank/preset up/down

Have the option to reverse the functionality of the bank up/down switches when they are used as bank selectors or preset selectors, but keep the labels the same, just reverse the function of them. The same thing as a reverse y-axis in computer games.

So if you're on preset 4B, when engaging the bank up (up arrow) it will select either the previous bank or preset 4A, and bank down (down arrow) will select the next bank or preset 4C, depending on the global footswitch setting.

I've always had trouble with this on my HD500X. Not once, ever, when switching banks do I not have think about which way the button will navigate a setlist.

Added

New idea: reverse functionality of bank/preset up/down

Have the option to reverse the functionality of the bank up/down switches when they are used as bank selectors or preset selectors, but keep the labels the same, just reverse the function of them. The same thing as a reverse y-axis in computer games.

So if you're on preset 4B, when engaging the bank up (up arrow) it will select either the previous bank or preset 4A, and bank down (down arrow) will select the next bank or preset 4C, depending on the global footswitch setting.

I've always had trouble with this on my HD500X. Not once, ever, when switching banks do I not have think about which way the button will navigate a setlist.

Helix editor with expanded A/B functionality

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-editor-with-expanded-A-B-functionality/787491-23508

Imagine an editor program that gives you the ability to A/B between more than 2 variations of your preset, as well as the ability to choose whether you want to commit those changes to the currently saved preset or save it as a separate preset. Not only that, but allow users to save more than 1 of their revisions.

So I just added an IdeaScale submission: "Expanded Display for EQ and Compression Blocks"

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Expanded-Display-for-EQ-and-Compression-Blocks/787679-23508

Basically, I would really like to have a display that shows the EQ and compression curves, and I believe it would be relatively simple to implement as a pop-up attached to one of the control knobs for the block. Turns out when you're coming from Pro Tools it's hard to set a parametric EQ without seeing the curve... can't really visualize the Q setting.

As for the compressors, if nothing else it would be nice to have a gain reduction meter. I get that if you're only using your compressor for tone, maybe it's easy to set by ear. But when I'm using it for volume leveling it would be much easier with a meter. Again, coming from Pro Tools and digital mixers.

Lastly, if nothing else changes, the Global EQ should have a visible curve. It's literally the only thing on the screen and all that LCD space is just wasted.

Sorry for this post but do I need a separate account in order to vote? When I try to vote it takes me to a log in page even though I've logged into the forum...

Yes, the Ideascale page requires a separate login. That site isn't actually hosted by Line 6 servers.

I just submitted an idea to make the expression pedal scribble strip able to show the current CC data from the expression pedal. This would make it way easier to manage live volume, especially if you do fades in and out. This would be huge for anyone who plays in a live situation without a very competent person at the sound board (like most churches).

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Display-CC-value-of-Expression-Pedal/788250-23508

Thanks!

I just submitted an idea requesting that Line6 increase the amount of turn required before the amp and effect models start changing on the joystick. A couple of other folks and myself have found that it is a little too easy to accidentally change the amp or effect in a block when you are only trying to navigate up or down or left or right. Please vote for it in IdeaScale here at https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Provide-option-to-change-joystick-behavior/788248-23508 if you find you are having the same issue. Thanks!

you'll need to provide a link, if you want your idea posted to the top....

I just submitted an idea requesting that Line6 increase the amount of turn required before the amp and effect models start changing on the joystick. A couple of other folks and myself have found that it is a little too easy to accidentally change the amp or effect in a block when you are only trying to navigate up or down or left or right. Please vote for it in IdeaScale if you find you are having the same issue. Thanks!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-usb-input-volume.1629009/

if you use the Helix as a USB Class Compliant Audio interface with iPad / iPhone + Apple USB Camera Adapter(USB Host adapter) +USB Cable - IOS defaults to relying on the connected USB Hardware interface (Helix) for all volume controls for iTunes & Youtube. 

Id vote up on IdeaScale adding to Helix proper USB Gain controls for both USB Audio Send and USB Audio Return ( like the Zoom G3, Korg Pandora PX5D, Digitech GNX3000 have)

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/USB-input-volume-control/788236-23508

Controlling a DAW's output volume is easy enough, but there are situations (esp. listening to web-hosted media) where a USB input volume control would help prevent us from losing our hearing.