Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Thank you in advance for the 2.50

arislaf

Agreed, great update for me as a studio musician. I can use the HX reverb (and a lot of those Legacy FX) on so many things.

More Mesa is welcomed.

Any Friedman is nice.

Lets not forget they are not charging for this either!  ;) At least they haven't for any former update to the Helix, and no indication this is extra $$ either.

I hope we get either some more Engl amps, or the XTC in the next update. However, I will state this is a fantastic update!

Having the addition of all those legacy models will really help bridge the gap, and make the transition for many guitarists/bassists to the Helix platform even more enticing. I expect the Helix platform user base to really grow this year. They started it off right I would say.

So yes, thank you Line 6.

• Upvote 1

Pure joy.... the new amps and reverbs and legacy fx... also available in native too... wow what a phenomenal tool helix has grown into...

And you know that behind the scenes line 6 are really thinking ahead with the recent architecture changes and hiring of new top dsp crafters...

the future of Helix is in very good hands!

Look forward to seeing how it evolves but right now already very happy with this update.

I'm intrigued what version 3.0 brings to the table after those architecture changes but that can wait we got plenty toys to get stuck into.

Thanks to line 6 and team helix

"Hey guys thanks for buying a helix. As a gift here's EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER MADE!"

That's pretty much what this feels like and as a guitar player who's had some type of line 6 gear at pretty much every iteration of my rig this makes me feel very grateful. It's like everything of every line6 piece of gear that I've ever had that I loved just got given back to me for free

I'm gonna use this thread for that same purpose: Thanks in advance! 

I missed the Dimension, it was my favourite chorus on the HD. I've been using most of the choruses in Helix, and they're good, but still, there was something on that model.
It probably isn't as accurate and realistic an imitation as current HX models, but, who cares? Sounds good to me. I hope it will sound even better now since it's inside a better machine.
The Jet Fuzz... with HD I used that one on just one preset, for a certain song... and when I got Helix I had to use the industrial fuzz and the script mod phase combined to get a similar result. I've been more than satisfied with the result, so I'll most probably keep the preset as it is now, but it's good to have it back. There's room for all things that go fuzz in my music (or projects I'm involved with).
And the Growler!! There's been nothing like that so far in Helix, so that particular one is veeeeery welcome!

And aside from others, that did evolve into their HX versions (or were reborn altogether) I've also used the L6 Drive, the Colordrive, both octave fuzzes, the Boost Comp, the Frequency Shift and... well, pretty much all synth and filter stuff so... color me very, very happy, and thankful.

Now (if I may say it without sounding like an ungrateful piece of sh't)  I'm just missing the Vocoder... But the lack of a Vocoder was the perfect excuse for me to get the Boss VO-1, which is a LOVELY pedal, BTW
Anyway, it would be both simpler and more flexible for me if I had the Vocoder inside Helix, and not as a separate pedal which I (because I'm already using the loops for other stuff) have to place before Helix. Also, because (as most HX stuff does) it would come in both, mono and stereo, perfect for me to use with the GR-55.

...Oh, and the Mid Focus Eq, which I preferred to use as a two way filter that I could sweep "inwards" or "outwards", if you know what I mean :D (Though I succesfully replaced that one with the UK Wah followed by the Low and High Cut from the EQ section)

Also, placing all those (including the reverbs we're currently using) under those "Legacy" folders is, IMO, a very smart move.

Those HX reverbs and delay will be very welcome, and the amps... everyone is raving about them so I guess they'll be good too (I'm not familiar with the originals)

Bottom line (literally): Thanks!!!!

Unbelievable update! All these legacy L6 effects ported to the Helix. I was already beyond enthused to see the HX reverbs coming but this is just incredible. This is a party in a box! No way would I have predicted or even had the temerity to request for this to happen. What a gift!  I am curious, not that it makes a lot of difference either way this is so fantastic, but is this a direct port? Will these legacy effects sound/operate pretty much the same as the old ones did or be "upgraded/updated" in some manner to take advantage of the improved hardware and programming on the Helix?   :)  :P  :D

"Hey guys thanks for buying a helix. As a gift here's EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER MADE!"

That's pretty much what this feels like and as a guitar player who's had some type of line 6 gear at pretty much every iteration of my rig this makes me feel very grateful. It's like everything of every line6 piece of gear that I've ever had that I loved just got given back to me for free

Almost...  There's no amp model for my old AX2/212 yet.  :lol:

Well I was already of the mind set that the Helix was the last piece of kit I will get. I've been with Line 6 since the XT and the Helix is what I've been looking for. Some things not perfect (like the reverbs) and missing some things from the old units. With the new 'Verbs and the legacy FX, that seals the deal. And then to add that there will probably be more updates. I'm good 'till I throw loose the mortal coil. Thank You Line 6. Unfortunately for you, you created something so good I won't be making another Line 6 purchase.

(Unless you come up with that $50 wireless Variax unit I know you're working on ;) ).

I'm gonna use this thread for that same purpose: Thanks in advance!

I missed the Dimension, it was my favourite chorus on the HD.

Yup... I've been missing that one too. Great for clean tones. That, and the tube driver. Not crazy about it's Helix counterpart, but I loved it on the HD. I'd be happy to update just for those two things. I usually don't do the updates right away, until I've seen that the forum hasn't erupted in hysterical, unfocused rage over any bugs that might appear... but between these and the reverbs, I might not wait too long, lol...

Well I was already of the mind set that the Helix was the last piece of kit I will get. I've been with Line 6 since the XT and the Helix is what I've been looking for. Some things not perfect (like the reverbs) and missing some things from the old units. With the new 'Verbs and the legacy FX, that seals the deal. And then to add that there will probably be more updates. I'm good 'till I throw loose the mortal coil. Thank You Line 6. Unfortunately for you, you created something so good I won't be making another Line 6 purchase.

(Unless you come up with that $50 wireless Variax unit I know you're working on ;) ).

Yea I am probably a bit younger than you, however, The Helix, and Helix Native, will be my guitar amp & FX platform for quite some time.

I probably won't upgrade for another 8 to 10 years. By that point I am sure someone will release a worthy successor, who knows might even be L6.

I LOVED the Satriani factory preset on my AX2/212. It would feed back at such quiet volumes. Maybe we can hope for 3.0. Maybe call is SuperLegacy. 

Same here, that was a GREAT preset!  It may not be a great amp by today's standards, but man that thing was fun back in the day. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 12:54 AM, Inerzia said:

[...] But the lack of a Vocoder was the perfect excuse for me to get the Boss VO-1, which is a LOVELY pedal, BTW
Anyway, it would be both simpler and more flexible for me if I had the Vocoder inside Helix, and not as a separate pedal which I (because I'm already using the loops for other stuff) have to place before Helix. Also, because (as most HX stuff does) it would come in both, mono and stereo, perfect for me to use with the GR-55.

@Inerzia I was wondering how the vocoder works in the Helix environment. Have you done some experimenting with multiple uses (before the helix, in a loop)? I can't find any good examples or user stories out there.

I WAS using the VO-1 before the Helix because I didn't have any available loop, but it required for me to put an A/B mic box (PEABO from Palmer) so that I could sing with or without the vocoder, without having to use two mics. 
The VO-1 is now in another pedalboard, which I use in another project and with a different, more traditional setup.
On the setup that includes Helix, the VO-1 has been replaced by a TC Helicon Voicetone Synth pedal, which is more convenient, because it has XLR outputs (dry and wet) and I no longer have to use the PEABO. Both the VO-1 and the VT Synth sound spectacular as vocoders.
As far as trials go, yes, I tried the VO-1 in a Helix loop too, and yes, it does work perfectly.
I hope that helps.