Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Seems theres something on the way for guitarists at NAMM

Dshow

OK, so the Yamaha Variax was a no brainer - I wonder if it has the same DSP engine as the JTV's

Very Happy to see Model Packs coming to HD series!!!!

When i saw the the image for the new g70 and it had Variax on the LCD i got VERY excited!!!!  but does not look like we will get wireless variax any time soon

Firehawk is very interesting! and a natural progression... fewer IO's than the 500x but looks like it will be the same price point... does it have more DSP? and dual signal chains? QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTION  :) 

OK, so the Yamaha Variax was a no brainer - I wonder if it has the same DSP engine as the JTV's

Yes, they're the same.

Firehawk is very interesting! and a natural progression... fewer IO's than the 500x but looks like it will be the same price point... does it have more DSP? and dual signal chains? QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTION   :)

Firehawk will land at US MAP $449. It's decidedly not a direct replacement for HD500X, although we expect many who don't require MIDI, L6 LINK, and dual signal chains (sorry!) may prefer it. POD HD will continue to be our ~$500 flagship modeler for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1

*available via model pack purchase....

just want to make sure that's clear...

3 new model packs 50$-50$-30$ or 100$ for all.

Nicely Played Line6!! combining PodHD and Amplify... and 2.6 firmware with a 5150 ;-)    looks good!

Sorry, guys. It's like herding cats around here today, for obvious reasons.

POD HD 2.6

• Global EQ—Three fully parametric bands plus low and high cut filters, available from an additional Setup menu page; we had to do quite a bit of clever optimization to fit Global EQ, and you might see a tiny bit of extra DSP for other blocks (a few percent perhaps)
  • Metal Pack ($49)—Peavey 5150 (block logo), Bogner Shiva, Remastered JCM800 (model 2204), plus favorite POD Farm models Insane, Big Bottom, Varaic'ed Plexi, Purge, Aggro, Smash, and Octone
  • Vintage Pack ($49)—Orange OR-80, Roland JC-120, Fender Champ (Tweed), VOX AC30 Fawn Normal, VOX AC30 Fawn Bright, JC-120 cab, Fender Champ cab, plus POD Farm Acoustic
  • Bass Pack ($29)—Ampeg SVT Normal, Ampeg SVT Bright, Gallien-Kruger 800RB, SVT 8x10 cab, SVT 410 HLF cab
  • Fully Loaded ($99)—All three packs

We're hoping to have 2.6 available by the end of March for HD500X and HD Pro X, with support for HD500, HD Pro, and HD (Bean) shortly thereafter.

• Upvote 3

Yes, they're the same.

Firehawk will land at US MAP $449. It's decidedly not a direct replacement for HD500X, although we expect many who don't require MIDI, L6 LINK, and dual signal chains (sorry!) may prefer it. POD HD will continue to be our ~$500 flagship modeler for the foreseeable future.

So it's basically the AmpliPOD...lol

POD HD 2.6

• Global EQ—Three fully parametric bands plus low and high cut filters, available from an additional Setup menu page; we had to do quite a bit of clever optimization to fit Global EQ, and you might see a tiny bit of extra DSP for other blocks (a few percent perhaps)
  • Metal Pack ($49)—Peavey 5150 (block logo), Bogner Shiva, Remastered JCM800 (model 2204), plus favorite POD Farm models Insane, Big Bottom, Varaic'ed Plexi, Purge, Aggro, Smash, and Octone
  • Vintage Pack ($49)—Orange OR-80, Roland JC-120, Fender Champ (Tweed), VOX AC30 Fawn Normal, VOX AC30 Fawn Bright, JC-120 cab, Fender Champ cab, plus POD Farm Acoustic
  • Bass Pack ($29)—Ampeg SVT Normal, Ampeg SVT Bright, Gallien-Kruger 800RB, SVT 8x10 cab, SVT 410 HLF cab

We're hoping to have 2.6 available by the end of March for HD500X and HD Pro X, with support for HD500, HD Pro, and HD (Bean) shortly thereafter.

I was so happy...The news was awesome...But b April I will be onboard... :(

pre-order discount! all 3 for 19.99 please. :D

POD HD 2.6

Are these "HD" updates of the POD Farm models or the originals. Not that it matters a whole helluva lot, just curious. Also I haven't seen any added effects or possible bundles.....more coming later this year? eh? eh? 

Only those expressly mentioned as POD Farm models are pre-HD, and are included primarily because so many people asked for them (especially the favorite classic metal amps). The rest are at least HD.

• Upvote 1

- is it possible to have a list of the pre-HD and pure-HD models included into the packs?

Posted above, here: http://line6.com/support/topic/11509-seems-theres-something-on-the-way-for-guitarists-at-namm/?p=79083

- has been sacrificed something of the old models to make room for the new HD models?

Nope. Everyone's existing patches need to sound identical. :)

So basically this Firehawk is POD HD minus some pre-HD amps, dual amps, mic and aux input, L6 link, LCD screen, looper, and MIDI? ANd how many effect blocks per patch?

by nature of it being global... it should apply to all....

a final tweak to match the venue... not a tone shaping tool in general.

Oh. That sucks. I thought I could get rid of two EQ effects in my patches and use the global EQ instead.

This EQ SHOULD have the option to be by preset or global, like the Guitar-Z.

• Downvote 1

Oh. That sucks. I thought I could get rid of two EQ effects in my patches and use the global EQ instead.

This EQ SHOULD have the option to be by preset or global, like the Guitar-Z.

hahahahahahahaha...  we've been bitchin for ages about no GLOBAL EQ and as soon as they announce it someone just has to complain its not good enough.  WTF people?  :huh:

• Upvote 7

hahahahahahahaha... we've been bitchin for ages about no GLOBAL EQ and as soon as they announce it someone just has to complain its not good enough. WTF people? :huh:

L6 could send a rep to everyone's front door handing out free $20 bills, and some would b1tch because they showed up while "Celebrity Apprentice" was on.

• Upvote 2

hahahahahahahaha...  we've been bitchin for ages about no GLOBAL EQ and as soon as they announce it someone just has to complain its not good enough.  WTF people?  :huh:

L6 could send a rep to everyone's front door handing out free $20 bills, and some would b1tch because they showed up while "Celebrity Apprentice" was on.

My bad. Maybe I should have not expected much. Anyways, the addition of the global EQ is great.

Great job Line 6.

So basically this Firehawk is POD HD minus some pre-HD amps, dual amps, mic and aux input, L6 link, LCD screen, looper, and MIDI? ANd how many effect blocks per patch?

Don't count the looper out juuuust yet. Time will tell.

It's a POD HD minus dual amps, mic input, aux input, MIDI, L6 LINK, S/PDIF out, Mac/PC editor, 52 controller routings...

...plus a stupid easy-to-use mobile app that works with almost anybody's phone or tablet, infinite presets from the cloud, tonematching with your entire music library, higher contrast display, metal chassis-bolted knobs, intelligent output modes, RGB color footswitch rings for instant feedback, hardware blend encoder with LED ladder, power switch (!), separate L and R send jacks, all the POD Farm amps, all the POD Farm effects, dedicated reverb and assignable tweak knobs, super simple footswitch assignment, bluetooth streaming from Mac/PC/iOS/Android, class-compliant audio interface (no special drivers necessary and will record to iPad with camera kit), and the ability to auto recall your presets by simply playing your backing tracks.

Don't count the looper out juuuust yet. Time will tell.

It's a POD HD minus dual amps, mic input, aux input, MIDI, L6 LINK, S/PDIF out, Mac/PC editor, 52 controller routings...

...plus a stupid easy-to-use mobile app that works with almost anybody's phone or tablet, infinite presets from the cloud, tonematching with your entire music library, higher contrast display, metal chassis-bolted knobs, intelligent output modes, RGB color footswitch rings for instant feedback, hardware blend encoder with LED ladder, power switch (!), separate L and R send jacks, all the POD Farm amps, all the POD Farm effects, dedicated reverb and assignable tweak knobs, super simple footswitch assignment, bluetooth streaming from Mac/PC/iOS/Android, class-compliant audio interface (no special drivers necessary and will record to iPad with camera kit), and the ability to auto recall your presets by simply playing your backing tracks.

So I assume this unit can have any effects at any order just like POD HD unlike Amplifi where some blocks are fixed, right?

Yes, they're the same.

I really like the MIDI functionality of the HD500, it's one of the biggest reasons I got it. It killed so many birds with 1 stone: MIDI floorboard, Variax power, Audio Interface, FX board.

Either way, Firehawk sounds really amazing, but I really do hope both series will be worked on.

As a Pod HD500 user, I am very happy to see the available update. It is going to be rough waiting for it. All you 500x users better post sound samples while I am waiting for the "shortly thereafter" period to update! It will be like waiting for Christmas!

• Upvote 2

It's a POD HD ...

...plus ....bluetooth streaming from Mac/PC/iOS/Android...

i thought bluetooth had tech probs regarding ios/android support

Digital_Igloo, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:58 PM, said:snapback.png

• An HD500 preset has a lot of parameters. Switching presets would be extremely sluggish via the iOS/Android app, and syncing a hundred HD500

An HD500 preset has a lot of parameters. same params also apply on this new firehawk product?

and a last q:

r all hd presets compatible with firehawk?

or the tone matching is based on amplifi tones?

Pod HD presets will not be compatible because Firehawk does not support dual paths. Tone matching uses the pre-HD tone library, same as AMPLIFi.

this makes sense.

just cannot quite understand  the ...HD'ness of firehawk...

it seems more amplifi-like without onboard usable screen.

btw, how many presets will this unit suports? 128? 512? more? less?