Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

9-11-15 ???? Is this date still the ETA of the Helix

jaminjimlp

I just Pre-ordered my Helix today at my local GC and they have in there computer that the main GC warehouse is expecting the arrival of 133 helix units on 9-11-15. I am #81 on the list.

So is this a tentative date or is there a chance it will be sooner rather than later???

OH Boy I can't wait!!!  :P  :D  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Oh boy! Another thread totally devoid of anything but speculation, wishful thinking, and hand-wringing...whoo hoo!

Ready...set...GUESS!!!

Well I can actually say that I did see it with my own eye's on GC's computer, so as for my self and 

Edgar Allan Poe
4624490.jpg
“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.â€

― Edgar Allan Poe I should believe %50 of it, as for you well I guess you should believe %0 of it LOL :P

Well I can actually say that I did see it with my own eye's on GC's computer, so as for my self and Edgar Allan Poe

4624490.jpg

― Edgar Allan Poe I should believe %50 of it, as for you well I guess you should believe %0 of it LOL :P

Lol...we'll that settles it then. If it appeared on a computer screen, it must be true. Especially if the computer is connected to the Interwebs...everything on the Interwebs is 100% accurate. ;)

An NOT targeting anyone in this thread - but I find this quote worth knowing

1431827400_1831134279_Twain.PNG

But regarding Helix ship date in USA, I'm thinking it will be mid September

Remember the Helix is built in Asia and ships to California on a Boat (not Air Cargo) - so allow time for the transit across the Pacific. 

ind-feat.jpg

I liked Arkadin's comment!

Being from the UK but with half our company based in OH we see this sort of thing all the time...

I did have to look up Xanax though as I didn't recognise the name, not that i know much about this. Had enough trouble in trips to the US when asking for "paracetamol" at Walgreens.  Pharmacist said "never heard of it"... I said "its the most common pain killer in the world" but he shrugged his shoulders.

:unsure:

It turns out that there is a common painkiller called para-acetylaminophenol which in most of the world is called paracetamol (para-acetylaminophenol) but in the US, Canada and Japan is called Acetaminophen (para-acetylaminophenol).  That one gave me a headache just thinking about it...I mean who decided that one?

And being previously in the Aircraft manufacturing business don't get me started on what the Helix case is made from.....

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the link. That sort of historical detail is really interesting.

I love this sort of thing. Have to say, I don't agree with sulpher being spelled sulfur (the opening spin-off in that article) and teaching British kids to spell it the US way as if the US is the scientific standardiser of all things.

I love this sort of thing. Have to say, I don't agree with sulpher being spelled sulfur (the opening spin-off in that article) and teaching British kids to spell it the US way as if the US is the scientific standardiser of all things.

Agreed.  But you spelled "standardizer" wrong.  ;)

I don't know how GC warehouses their stuff, but I know that others have one on the east coast and one on the west coast. 

It just seems like a mighty small number --- 133? 

That isn't even one per store. 

And, if they were coming in on the boat --- for them to be at the warehouse by the 11th, I would assume that the units are already in the country. 

pot-ay-to, pot-ah-to, tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to,  same thing different pronunciation...  just like how the hell does lieutenant get from loo-tenant to lef-tenant?  just depends on what side of the pond you live on... is it a root or a rout that you take to get there?  and how does a bloke that talks with a thick localized British accent suddenly sound like a normal American with no accent when singing?  that's what makes life interesting...  :)

Even normal talking for actors. I've often wondered how someone like Hugh Jackman can so easily, or maybe it's not easy, lose his Australian accent.

I'm consistently surprised by the number of UK actors who pull off regional American accents so well...half the time I have no idea that they're from across the pond until I see an interview. They all seem much better at sounding like us than we are at sounding like them...lol. Quite the skill.

• Upvote 1

I liked Arkadin's comment!

Being from the UK but with half our company based in OH we see this sort of thing all the time...

I did have to look up Xanax though as I didn't recognise the name, not that i know much about this. Had enough trouble in trips to the US when asking for "paracetamol" at Walgreens.  Pharmacist said "never heard of it"... I said "its the most common pain killer in the world" but he shrugged his shoulders.

:unsure:

It turns out that there is a common painkiller called para-acetylaminophenol which in most of the world is called paracetamol (para-acetylaminophenol) but in the US, Canada and Japan is called Acetaminophen (para-acetylaminophenol).  That one gave me a headache just thinking about it...I mean who decided that one?

And being previously in the Aircraft manufacturing business don't get me started on what the Helix case is made from.....

Well it was invented here in th US so we can call it whatever we want. :P :lol:

(This is a joke)

The truth is that, here in the United States, there's a lot of dumb people, so we need things to be dumbed down for us in order to understand them. There's people here that still believe that the Earth is only 10,000 years old. That should tell you something. But, that's a subject for a different discussion.

[Flame suit ON]

Lol. I've heard variations on that number: 10,000, 12,000, 5,000, 6,000, and some in between. Must be one of those unsolvable mysteries. Maybe when Helix is released, the mystery will reveal itself. At least one of two things is certain, fossils are either a conspiracy or a test. To be fair though, it's not entirely uniquely American, but it's a good place to start.

suddenly sound like a normal American with no accent

no no no!

The various American accents are still accents...yes other countries singers tend to copy them, and most actors do cos the US market is so big that movie makers cater primariliy to that market. But dont start saying that its not an accent....

Just last week I was touring a VIP through our institution and we visited a class where acting students were being drilled in moving between New Zealand accents (for us thats normal no accent) to northern US mid Western, to southern US drawl....sounded pretty funny changing mid sentence!

as for Hew Jeckmin.....Geez Mayt feer suk of the sav! Hees a Strylian! nneds ta loos 'is axsint

Well this thread got seriously derailed.

I got a phone message from my Sweetwater rep saying the same thing but, unless things have changed, DI stated that Line 6 hasn't given the retailers any sort of date yet.  If that's still true, they're just speculating.

Lol. I've heard variations on that number: 10,000, 12,000, 5,000, 6,000, and some in between. Must be one of those unsolvable mysteries. Maybe when Helix is released, the mystery will reveal itself. At least one of two things is certain, fossils are either a conspiracy or a test. To be fair though, it's not entirely uniquely American, but it's a good place to start.

Oh come on... everybody knows that fossils are a joke put there by god when he created to the world!

Or to be more precise in the simulation of the world that we know   :wacko:

photo-mat_pods.jpg

Oh come on... everybody knows that fossils are a joke put there by god when he created to the world!

Or to be more precise in the simulation of the world that we know   :wacko:

photo-mat_pods.jpg

Looks like I missed one. The mystery deepens. Now we'll have to wait till the release date of Double Helix to solve the mystery. God's got a rotten sense of humo(u)r on this one, with damaging consequences. :o But who's the one running the simulation? Us from the future?

Your picture doesn't seem to be showing for some reason.

The truth is that, here in the United States, there's a lot of dumb people, so we need things to be dumbed down for us in order to understand them. There's people here that still believe that the Earth is only 10,000 years old. That should tell you something. But, that's a subject for a different discussion.

[Flame suit ON]

I'm assuming that you are saying that people who believe that the Eath is only 5 - 10,000 years old are dumb. Well color me dumb then.

I'm assuming that you are saying that people who believe that the Eath is only 5 - 10,000 years old are dumb. Well color me dumb then.

Perhaps "dumb" is a harsh word. Let's use "ignorant" instead.

Look at the scientific evidence. There's plenty out there to confirm that the Earth is waaay older. But, again, this is off topic and a discussion for another thread. Let's get back to Helix, please :-).

The picture which did work was of waking up from the matrix to discover that the whole world had been a simulation

795601.gif

Lets not get into controversial off-topic conversations about science and religion; the only fact that you think you know is that "I Am" as in "I think and therefore I am" but you don't know for certain what "I Am" really is. Everything else is a matter of perception and how do you know for absolute certain that:

a) All scientific evidence wasn't created to look old by the "creator"

b) That what you believe to be the universe isn't just a personal simulation

In fact none of us can be certain that any of the rest of people on this forum actually exist as the only evidence is a few posts.

* of course this post itself is off-topic for the OP... sorry, but the Helix will ship when it does... assuming there is such a thing as time