Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 11/25/2023 at 8:29 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Yes, I just checked with my Helix floor and it does appear that the Glitch Delay is suffering from some sort of "glitch". Obviously, as the update is exactly the same, this also affects Helix Native.

The thing that is really strange about this is, I loaded up an old project that featured a "Glitch Delay" into Logic Pro which had both a fully processed stereo recording along with a dry mono version of the track. I set Helix Native to play back using the same preset that I had used in the Helix. Cross fading between the original and the re-amped Native track, they seemed identical, until I made any change to the Time or Delay Divisions, etc., within Native then the Glitch Delay would not function as expected and went screwy.

I then tested the same preset in Helix, which seemed to work fine until, once again, any change made to any of the parameters would push it off kilter and make it unusable.

I am going to raise a ticket with support regarding this and suggest that anyone else who encounters this should do the same. The more reports, should make for a quicker fix - the squeaky wheel, etc.

Hello. I can confirm there is some sort of issue with the Glitch Delay in 3.70. Comparing it side by side to 3.60, it is very obvious. On 3.70 after changing the Time parameter to Note divisions it seems to essentially stop working completely. I have attached audio examples of what I'm hearing. Do they line up with what you're experiencing?

I have logged a bug for this. It will be addressed in a future firmware update.

Thank you for the report.

On 11/27/2023 at 12:57 AM, jdomine said:

Hello. I can confirm there is some sort of issue with the Glitch Delay in 3.70. Comparing it side by side to 3.60, it is very obvious. On 3.70 after changing the Time parameter to Note divisions it seems to essentially stop working completely. I have attached audio examples of what I'm hearing. Do they line up with what you're experiencing?

I have logged a bug for this. It will be addressed in a future firmware update.

Thank you for the report.

Yes, that is a good example of what I was experiencing in both my floor unit and HX Native.

As mentioned in my earlier post, playing back a pre-recorded fully processed track alongside the original DI dry audio through the same preset in Native, they sounded correct, until any change was made to the Time or Delay divisions which then totally messed up the Glitch Delay.

Thanks for checking this out and passing it to the developers.

Regards

Anyone have a problem with the joystick button not working? I can scroll left/right and up/down but pressing down on it does nothing. I tested with trying to add a effect into a block as well as saving a name text, I click down but it doesn't jump to cap, lowercase, number...

I was going to try reverting firmware to 3.6 but wanted to see if there was a quick fix 

Any ideas?

On 11/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, davidc2478 said:

Anyone have a problem with the joystick button not working? I can scroll left/right and up/down but pressing down on it does nothing. I tested with trying to add a effect into a block as well as saving a name text, I click down but it doesn't jump to cap, lowercase, number...

I was going to try reverting firmware to 3.6 but wanted to see if there was a quick fix 

Any ideas?

I did hear something like this, although it all works for me.

Tell me, did you do a full factory reset before reloading your global backup?

On 11/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, davidc2478 said:

I did, unfortunately a firmware revert didn't work. I don't understand. My helix is only like 6 months old  :(

I would try this first. do a good solid backup... DOWNgrade to an old version, then check and see if it works, then Upgrade again if it does.

If it doesn't work when you downgrade, could be a hardware problem.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:57 PM, LJT5885 said:

Seeking help! My line6 edit cannot log in to my account and cannot connect to the network. What should I do

Hi,

When asking for assistance from other users, it’s a big help to know what computer and operating system you’re using, also what version of HX Edit and Firmware along with your hardware device type.

As you managed to post your “help” request, it would seem that you are able to login here without issue.

When weird stuff starts to happen you really need to start from basics. Download the latest and re-install the latest version of HX Edit and try again.

It’s generally not a bug if it only happens to one person.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I confirm Glitch Delay is broken and that's fu**ing annoying. Seems like feedback is either 100% or 0%, so the block is pretty much unusable. When random stuff, unrelated to the firmware, get broken ...it does lollipop me off as you never know if other blocks have been messed up as well, so it makes me nervous with all my own presets stability and consistency. Rolling back (AGAIN). 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, PierM said:

I confirm Glitch Delay is broken and that's fu**ing annoying. Seems like feedback is either 100% or 0%, so the block is pretty much unusable. When random stuff, unrelated to the firmware, get broken ...it does lollipop me off as you never know if other blocks have been messed up as well, so it makes me nervous with all my own presets stability and consistency. Rolling back (AGAIN).

Hi,

I had a confirmation of this being a “bug”, earlier in this thread, then later in an email from Support. Also, over on TGP, Digital_Igloo responded to another person asking about this issue. His reply was:- “Yes, there’s a bug. Will be fixed in 3.71. No time frame, but it should be soon.”

The Glitch Delay is not something that I use everyday, but it is incredibly irritating to discover that it now malfunctions for no apparent reason. I will just avoid using it until the fix, as it is too much hassle for me to roll back for something I don’t rely on.

Hope for a quick fix.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:30 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

I had a confirmation of this being a “bug”, earlier in this thread, then later in an email from Support. Also, over on TGP, Digital_Igloo responded to another person asking about this issue. His reply was:- “Yes, there’s a bug. Will be fixed in 3.71. No time frame, but it should be soon.”

The Glitch Delay is not something that I use everyday, but it is incredibly irritating to discover that it now malfunctions for no apparent reason. I will just avoid using it until the fix, as it is too much hassle for me to roll back for something I don’t rely on.

Hope for a quick fix.

I use it quite a lot, but in a very very subtle way, as it's less boring than a standard delay and if properly setup it can be a lovely sparkly ambient filler. I programmed sort of clone for the Zoia, but still rolled back my HX stomp for now. I did the mistake to jump into this firmware because I was interested in the new clean amp they added...

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2023 at 12:56 PM, PeterHamm said:

Did you do a factory reset when you updated? And if so, have you saved the preset to another location and then back?

I did do a factory reset. Also I have exported this preset and imported it into another location, and it still affects the computer audio, which fizzes or digitally clips. I've also tried turning it off and back on again. (both computer and helix). It seems to only affect this preset. This preset is actually a copy of several other presets, where the only difference is the amp+cab. None of those have issues either. 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:01 AM, netabuse said:

I did do a factory reset. Also I have exported this preset and imported it into another location, and it still affects the computer audio, which fizzes or digitally clips. I've also tried turning it off and back on again. (both computer and helix). It seems to only affect this preset. This preset is actually a copy of several other presets, where the only difference is the amp+cab. None of those have issues either. 

If it only affects THAT preset, it's not a Helix problem. If it's a copy of another preset with a different amp/cab, you can try deleting the amp/cab, saving, then adding the amp cab back in. If it's still bad, delete the preset, and recreate it from the preset it's a copy of.

Sometimes presets get corrupted because... 

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2023 at 9:30 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Hope for a quick fix.

Hi!

I too am having problems with the Glitch Delay. Couldn't quite explained it and just tought to come here check if there's any report.

As always you guys are on top of things!

Nice thing they acknowlodged the bug so fast. Yay L6!!

Let's hope they fix it soon.

Cheers!

• Like 2

I think the Variax model parameter is broken. With previous firmware, it was possible to change the Variax model with the Variax hardware and then I could see its name and save it in the  'Variax-Model' parameter of the Helix preset. With firmware 3.70, my Helix Floor doesn't recognize the Variax model any more when it is changed manually on the Variax with the model knob and the 5-way switch.

And when I recall a factory preset which is set to 'don't force model', the sound doesn't change at all when I select another model on the Variax. Maybe it is set to the magnetic PUs then.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, p8guitar said:

I think the Variax model parameter is broken. With previous firmware, it was possible to change the Variax model with the Variax hardware and then I could see its name and save it in the  'Variax-Model' parameter of the Helix preset. With firmware 3.70, my Helix Floor doesn't recognize the Variax model any more when it is changed manually on the Variax with the model knob and the 5-way switch.

And when I recall a factory preset which is set to 'don't force model', the sound doesn't change at all when I select another model on the Variax. Maybe it is set to the magnetic PUs then.

Mine is working fine on v3.70 (Helix Rack and JTV-59). Make sure you are running v3.70 for both your Helix device and HX Edit.

On 12/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, Joepeggio said:

3.70 new amp models Carillon, Voltage and a little bit on the Oblivion.  When boost in engaged, just a small amount (0.1) it seems to cut bass and boost high mids.  Is it turning on an internal 808 or something?  The other new amps with the boost function just seem to increase the crunch without affecting EQ. 

This is in Native.  I have not tested on Floor or Stomp.

I have Native, Floor, HXS and Catalyst100.

Each amp's BOOST is different, specific to that amp.

Clarity adds a tube stage.

Aristocrat adds a Kinky Boost (Xotic EP Boost).

Carillion adds a "Deranged Master" Treble Booster (Dallas Rangemaster).

Voltage adds a tube stage.

Kinetic adds "gain and eq mods".

Oblivion adds a Stupor OD (SD1).

Obviously, these will all affect the amps differently.

I have tested, and all work as they should (compared to the actual Catalyst) in all of the platforms, including Native.

Just a suggestion - A "bug" is something that can be verified to occur for all users. You shouldn't post a "bug" in this thread until you've verified the problem in the regular thread which, in this case would have been the Helix Native thread. To avoid confusion, please remove this post as it is NOT a bug.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My USB connection keeps dropping. I've tried it on 2 separate computers with multiple USB cables. It's clearly the Helix. I'm on the latest firmware (3.70). 

I'm lucky to get 5 minutes of playing and it just disconnects and says "connection interrupted" or "no device connected" at the bottom of helix edit.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, cyberninja69 said:

My USB connection keeps dropping. I've tried it on 2 separate computers with multiple USB cables. It's clearly the Helix. I'm on the latest firmware (3.70). 

I'm lucky to get 5 minutes of playing and it just disconnects and says "connection interrupted" or "no device connected" at the bottom of helix edit.

not really a "bug" tho. It's possible that your Helix has a problem, but this isn't a known bug at this point.

It's working perfectly for a bunch of us.

Are you running other programs at the same time? What kind of computer? Using a hub? Using the front ports on a PC Tower? Have any SD cards inserted? Have HX Edit and Updater open at the same time?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2023 at 2:00 PM, PeterHamm said:

not really a "bug" tho. It's possible that your Helix has a problem, but this isn't a known bug at this point.

It's working perfectly for a bunch of us.

Are you running other programs at the same time? What kind of computer? Using a hub? Using the front ports on a PC Tower? Have any SD cards inserted? Have HX Edit and Updater open at the same time?

Thanks for the reply :) Not running other programs, testing on 2 separate laptops, not using a hub, no SD cards inserted, HX Edit is the only program open. 

I did some searching to find similar issues, and one user said that when he removed the HX Stomp driver everything started working for him (stable for days apparently). I just did that and so far, it's staying connected (fingers crossed - it's only been about 15 minutes, but that's a lot longer than before, at least).

So, if it's not a bug that's cool, but if it's caused by having other drivers installed like the Stomp, then hopefully Line 6 will take note as it could be an issue with the drivers conflicting.

I'll come back and update this if it disconnects again, but it seems promising so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I just updated to the new Helix patch 3.70 for my Helix LT.

And now it isn't letting me install ANY new tones/presets from Custom tone. The message I get is "HX Edit is unable to import this preset because it contains unrecognized models", yet they are all compatible with the LT

Curiously it is letting me add tones that have already been added to the library e.g. adding an existing preset to a new preset slot.

Any ideas? Have done the basics. Restarted the device and HX Edit etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi question about the Hx one, (I have updated firmware, and reset), some patches load with the effect active and even though I save them with the effect off, when I reload the patch the effect is active again, is this a bug?Also is there a setting to make the foot switch momentary like there is on the other units?

On 1/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, Jim_Spinner said:

Hi question about the Hx one, (I have updated firmware, and reset), some patches load with the effect active and even though I save them with the effect off, when I reload the patch the effect is active again, is this a bug?Also is there a setting to make the foot switch momentary like there is on the other units?

Hi,

From the HX One Owner’s Manual- page 10

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f12a29655656a3e05ee/application/pdf/HX One Owner's Manual - English .pdf

”When you power off HX One, it restores your last bypass state and last-edited parameter changes on the next power up, provided that you wait 3 seconds or more after making changes before disconnecting the power.”

Also, there is only one mention (on page 22 of the manual) about Momentary Switching which is achievable with an external footswitch.

”Expression pedal and footswitches are sold separately:
The Line 6 EXP-1 pedal is a fine choice, or most 3rd party expression pedals will work as well.
For single or dual external footswitches, you’ll want to get the “momentary” (non-latching) type.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:22 PM, aoneill88 said:

Hi folks,

I just updated to the new Helix patch 3.70 for my Helix LT.

And now it isn't letting me install ANY new tones/presets from Custom tone. The message I get is "HX Edit is unable to import this preset because it contains unrecognized models", yet they are all compatible with the LT

Curiously it is letting me add tones that have already been added to the library e.g. adding an existing preset to a new preset slot.

Any ideas? Have done the basics. Restarted the device and HX Edit etc.

Thanks in advance.

1. Double check to make sure the you have BOTH the 3.70 firmware AND the 3.7 HX Edit. What you describe is almost always this mismatch

2. Did you do a factory reset before you attempted to reload your backup? LOADS of issues are because of this.

3. This is not a bug, I promise you.

• Like 1

Helix FW 3.71.0, Amp GSG, when selecting OD switch on/off via assigned footswitch, it triggers controller assign.

Have done full reset procedure.. and tried multiple presets, older and newer... Have reported on beta forum in case l6 is away from here...

On 1/14/2024 at 5:49 AM, Tavish-Rox said:

Helix FW 3.71.0, Amp GSG, when selecting OD switch on/off via assigned footswitch, it triggers controller assign.

Have done full reset procedure.. and tried multiple presets, older and newer... Have reported on beta forum in case l6 is away from here...

If you have "Touch" enabled AND you assign the FS to also send a CommandCenter message AND you activate the switch barefoot or by finger, it will do that.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, rd2rk said:

If you have "Touch" enabled AND you assign the FS to also send a CommandCenter message AND you activate the switch barefoot or by finger, it will do that.

Hi Rd2rk, yeh not sending any commands and not using bare feet etc... thnaks though... I may try a reinstall of the Fw and another reset...

Hey all, I don't use the forum much so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence... very weird! I've pinpointed it down to the Ampeg B-15NF block, and if you mess with the bass control on the amp block it seems to fix the volume. I've deleted the amp block and put another one back with the same settings and the issue persisted. If it matters, I have the bass control at 10. I can upload the patch if anybody would like to see for themselves - I use an HX Stomp

On 1/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, jergles said:

I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence..

Are you sure it's the Stomp and not for example a dying battery in your active bass guitar? (provided you're using an active bass, of course)

On 1/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, jergles said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place

Actually it isn't but no big deal. You simply may want to post a new thread the next time there's any issue. :)

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, jergles said:

Hey all, I don't use the forum much so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a bass guitar patch which slowly reduces in volume over time until it reaches complete silence... very weird! I've pinpointed it down to the Ampeg B-15NF block, and if you mess with the bass control on the amp block it seems to fix the volume. I've deleted the amp block and put another one back with the same settings and the issue persisted. If it matters, I have the bass control at 10. I can upload the patch if anybody would like to see for themselves - I use an HX Stomp

This has been reported before many times, and not just with a particular block.

It is some sort of a bug that they haven't seemed to be able to track down yet, but the solution is usually to perform a full factory reset. Don't forget to back up first!

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:16 PM, rd2rk said:

This has been reported before many times, and not just with a particular block.

It is some sort of a bug that they haven't seemed to be able to track down yet, but the solution is usually to perform a full factory reset. Don't forget to back up first!

Got it, thank you kindly :)

• 2 weeks later...

GLOBAL EQ NOT RESTORED BY INSTALLER:

For me, when I update the system, and the updater automatically restores all my settings (either on my Helix Rack or my HX Stomp), it restores everything EXCEPT my Global EQ. To do that quickly, you can go to RESTORE FROM BACKUP (selecting the backup you made BEFORE you updated the system - not the backup it makes when you are updating) in HX Edit and restore ONLY the GLOBAL SETTINGS. The restore is VERY quick, and voila, your GLOBAL EQ is restored to its former glory!

This has been the case for all of the 3.x updates.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, uburoibob2 said:

GLOBAL EQ NOT RESTORED BY INSTALLER:

For me, when I update the system, and the updater automatically restores all my settings (either on my Helix Rack or my HX Stomp), it restores everything EXCEPT my Global EQ. To do that quickly, you can go to RESTORE FROM BACKUP (selecting the backup you made BEFORE you updated the system - not the backup it makes when you are updating) in HX Edit and restore ONLY the GLOBAL SETTINGS. The restore is VERY quick, and voila, your GLOBAL EQ is restored to its former glory!

This has been the case for all of the 3.x updates.

The backups should be the same unless you change something. Are you saying the backup made during the update procedure doesn't include the Global EQ? That's odd. I always end up doing a global backup before anyway, cuz I am paranoid.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:21 PM, PeterHamm said:

The backups should be the same unless you change something. Are you saying the backup made during the update procedure doesn't include the Global EQ? That's odd. I always end up doing a global backup before anyway, cuz I am paranoid.

Yep. I do a full backup before starting an update. During the update process, the installer backs up and then restores from that to finish. When I go to use the Helix, I notice that Global EQ hasn't been restored. SO, I restore it from the manual update I did just before running the update installer. When doing that, I select only GLOBAL to restore, as it takes only a few seconds, rather than restoring everything again. Once done, all is well.