Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm off....Axe FX II XL+ inbound

GazzaBloom

My line 6 journey is over, I have just ordered a Axe-FX II XL+ and Atomic CLR FRFR wedge monitor.

It's been a frustrating time spent with the Line 6 PODHD500X and DT25, both on Ebay now.

I hope that the Axe-Fx will help me reach the tones I desire and allow me to spend more time on playing.

Adios Amigos!

• Upvote 2

I guess after 9 posts, including the one where he says he's done, he couldn't figure out how to use the PODHD.  Wait till he finds out all the stuff he needs to learn for the AXE just to get it to sound a little better. 

Hey where's the guy who always posts "The tone is in the fingers"... hehe

• Upvote 3

In the future you will be able to cut your hands off and have clones of the hands of great guitarists such as Jimmy Hendrix, Jimmy Page,

Clapton, etc. surgically installed. A few low level players will have arms that will reject the new hands.

This will once and for all proove that great tone is in the hands.

L m a off!

B t w line6 if you use this idea I want my cut. Lol!

This post is for entertainment purposes only, please do not remove your hands at home.

Thanks for the sacastic posts, I hope there is no envy behind any of these. you don't know me, I don't know you so who gives a sh*t about any of this drivel anyway? I've been a devoted line 6 user since POD2. Had A Vetta, and every version of POD since. I have struggled to be satisfied with the PODHD since i got my first HD bean several years ago. It has nothing do do with not being able to use It, I have just decided that I want to move up to some higher quality gear and will hopefully find tones I am happy with there as I have found the HD series hard to get the tones I want.

I have spent a considerable amount of money on Line 6 gear and it has been nothing but reliable, I've paid my dues to the company that allows this forum to exist.

i can afford to make the jump to the fractal system and that's what I'm doing. Good luck if you enjoy using the HD gear, many of us don't, just look at the posts in these forums from confused, frustrated users, don't see much of that over on Fractals forum.

And finally to all of the sarcastic posts below this....Jog on losers, Richard Craniums the lot of you.

• Upvote 3

Don't sweat the driveling small stuff GB. There's always good and bad in everything 'cause good wouldn't exist without bad, it's like a contrast thing. Posting a goodbye thread is like opening the door to abuse and some good comments in between. Look at the good and move on. On occasion someone down the line will read this post and a get laugh or the very least a chuckle, which is a good thing.

If I could buy every sound device out there I would 'cause I just like toying with them.

With everything I've ever done being a mechanic I've always made do with the very minimum, I've even learned how to be a tool maker and make my own parts. Thankfully, I'm past that point now and like you I moved on. No one can take experience and knowledge from a person.

Sounds like you'll be gett'in some more experience.

Good luck, if it was in my budget I'd get one too. You may get better tones and for the $$$$ it better. I have never read a single post that it is dial in. There is a hell of a learning curve from what I understand. I've seen quite a few post from people that left Fractal and came back to L6 or amp/pedal because they spent too much time tweaking Instead of playing.

I am saving up for an Axe-FX II XL+

seen one second hand for £1100.00 just have not got that amount of money spare ... its going to take some time to save up, although my Pod HD500 is a grate place for me to start learning in the world of Amp modelling and effects, and for the money the amount of features the HD500\X has what a bargain.

but I want to get into something with a bit more powerful APU.

congrats on getting an FX btw lucky bugger :) oneday .. oneday.

I understand this somewhat.Having been a guitar instructor for over thirty years I have learned that guitarists are easily flustered/frustrated/angered etc...The thing that is puzzling to me is that guitar players are incestuous in what they listen to( mostly other guitar players) which leads to somewhat one dimensional short term thinking.I spend a lot more time playing/ practicing and learning more theory/ listening to vocalists/ sax players and piano players than I do fiddling with guitar gear. Guitarists as a group are usually short on the set of musicianship skills they posess. I am not talking about playing hot licks/riffs/chops or sounding just like your favorite guitar player I am referring to the other part of being a musician and that is being a musician.I also am glad for the OP who knows when it's time to move on.Those are tough decisions for serious musicians and I hop the Axe-FX will take him and his audience where they want to go. My philosophy is that the more you know the more you can do. No peice of guitar gear can teach me how to get better.That comes from someplace else.

• Upvote 2

In the future you will be able to cut your hands off and have clones of the hands of great guitarists such as Jimmy Hendrix, Jimmy Page,

Clapton, etc. surgically installed. A few low level players will have arms that will reject the new hands.

This will once and for all proove that great tone is in the hands.

L m a off!

B t w line6 if you use this idea I want my cut. Lol!

This post is for entertainment purposes only, please do not remove your hands at home.

Damn...I should have read the WHOLE post...now where did I put that thread...

The problem I am having (especially now I have global eq) is that the HD500x is giving me every sound I ever need which is no good for my G.A.S. I guess the search goes on to find an excuse to buy something new!

I am finding this too! My POD HD500 is the first multi-pedal that my heart, head and ears love equally!

• Upvote 1

And finally to all of the sarcastic posts below this....Jog on losers, Richard Craniums the lot of you.

I admit English is not my mother tongue but what exactly "Richard Craniums the lot of you" means? I also wonder who is Richard Craniums...

I understand this somewhat.Having been a guitar instructor for over thirty years I have learned that guitarists are easily flustered/frustrated/angered etc...The thing that is puzzling to me is that guitar players are incestuous in what they listen to( mostly other guitar players) which leads to somewhat one dimensional short term thinking.I spend a lot more time playing/ practicing and learning more theory/ listening to vocalists/ sax players and piano players than I do fiddling with guitar gear. Guitarists as a group are usually short on the set of musicianship skills they posess. I am not talking about playing hot licks/riffs/chops or sounding just like your favorite guitar player I am referring to the other part of being a musician and that is being a musician.I also am glad for the OP who knows when it's time to move on.Those are tough decisions for serious musicians and I hop the Axe-FX will take him and his audience where they want to go. My philosophy is that the more you know the more you can do. No peice of guitar gear can teach me how to get better.That comes from someplace else.

This is great advice! I have made it my goal to be able to learn as many styles of music as I can. 

Thanks for the sacastic posts, I hope there is no envy behind any of these. you don't know me, I don't know you so who gives a sh*t about any of this drivel anyway? I've been a devoted line 6 user since POD2. Had A Vetta, and every version of POD since. I have struggled to be satisfied with the PODHD since i got my first HD bean several years ago. It has nothing do do with not being able to use It, I have just decided that I want to move up to some higher quality gear and will hopefully find tones I am happy with there as I have found the HD series hard to get the tones I want.

I have spent a considerable amount of money on Line 6 gear and it has been nothing but reliable, I've paid my dues to the company that allows this forum to exist.

i can afford to make the jump to the fractal system and that's what I'm doing. Good luck if you enjoy using the HD gear, many of us don't, just look at the posts in these forums from confused, frustrated users, don't see much of that over on Fractals forum.

Dear Gazza: I am truly very sorry if my post offended you. It was meant to be funny, but I can appreciate how you might not see it that way. It was not meant with malice and was not an attack on your playing abilities.

I hope you will accept my apologies and I will be more thoughtful with others in the future.

Sincerely, Wilson69978

• Upvote 1

lol, what a bunch of a$$holes, seriously, and its the usual suspects out to forum haze those that don't absolutely love Line 6 gear. Goodluck man !

With all due respect, if you are unhappy with Line 6, why not just leave. The OP knew full well that he was going to rile some feathers. When I had a string of serious problems with a Boss pedal, I just got rid of it. I didn't feel the need to say goodbye in the Boss forums...I just moved on.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, well.... 

I am not going to apologize. 

Why the need to announce you are leaving a place that no one knows who you even are. I don't care that you are getting a 'competing' product or if you are retiring or whatever situation arises. JUST LEAVE! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

If I were to make a jump and were going to spend that kind of cash I wouldn't go Axe FX..I'd go Kemper profiling... much better tone (In my view) and it is profiling, so loads of profiles people have done from real amps are available

Dang... so much negativity... what the "F" people? If he wants to go Fractal.. let him. How does it hurt you or diminish the tones your are getting?

they are not making fun of him for going fratcal.. they are making fun of him for ANNOUNCING it like it is some big spectacle..lol

• Upvote 2

Meh. I don't understand these type of threads.

I've owned my HD500 for close to 5 years and know it pretty much inside out. Since combining it with a DT25, I've been able to get pretty close to the tones I really want but there has always been a barrier where I couldn't quite nail the tones I want. In particular, I could never get the Marshall type tone I want. It could be Marshally enough, but not the right one.  

6 weeks ago I bought a Kemper Powerhead. My initial thoughts were that it was a hell of a lot of money for a small improvement in getting closer to the tones I want. After a few days I had the tones dialled in just right, much to my delight. I flippin' love the thing now, the cleans, crunch and lead tones are exactly what I wanted and can be found with minimal reference to a manual or in depth menus; the thing is so straight forward.

That said, I didn't feel the need to announce anything. I sold my DT25 but kept the HD500 as a midi controller/back up rig and still like Line 6 gear (I've still got a UX8, G30 and custom built Telecaster/Variax hybrid.

• Upvote 3

I admit English is not my mother tongue but what exactly "Richard Craniums the lot of you" means? I also wonder who is Richard Craniums...

He's calling all the flamers out there .........     D I C K   H E A D S......

Being an ARSE is the same in any language. I guess being able to do it incognito on a forum makes them feel good about themselves.

To the OP, SORRY, we're not all like that. It's a good thing that we don't know who they really are 'cause from the sound of it, you wouldn't care for them anyway.

Take it for what it's worth

Shawn Kylling

Good luck man. I think most of us would want to have an Axe FX in our hands someday, despite of all the people saying that they are completely happy with the Line 6. I don't mean to offend these people, I'm just saying that the Axe FX is superior. For sure, you have to give 4 or 5 times the money, but the result in my opinion is worth it. This unit can get so damn close to the sound of a real amp...

Yeah, well.... 

Why the need to announce you are leaving a place that no one knows who you even are. I don't care that you are getting a 'competing' product or if you are retiring or whatever situation arises. JUST LEAVE! 

Yeah, well.... 

We don't care about anything YOU have to say either......take your own advice and JUST LEAVE your nasty comments to yourself.

• Upvote 1

From what I could tell the OP only started posting in early April 2015 and after a month gave up on the PODHD.  Well I almost gave up after a month too.  But after hearing recordings of what the PODHD could do and reading a lot of great info on here, I was able to get it to do what I wanted and I'm damn glad I did.  I can certainly afford an AXE FX but a little patience and reading saved me a lot of money.

Also, I've been on the Fractal forums.  They have there set of issues and problems too.  Wait till you try one of their HiRes Models and run out of DSP.

But my earlier post was poking fun at the OP.  It's like having a neighbor you never met come over one day and announce he's moving to a better neighborhood.  My response would be "Ok, why are you bothering me ?".

Good luck...

Sincerley,

Harold Balzak

• Upvote 1

Wow, it's even more expensive than I imagined!! $3500 for a new one on Reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/135081-fractal-audio-axe-fx-ii-xl-14-black-new-in-box

I guess the thing about forum suicides as they are oft referred to, is it's just that. Suicide.

Personally, I would love to have an Axe FX II, a Kemper, and keep my Line6 gear.

I've realized that selling all of your 'brand A' gear to purchase 'brand B' gear doesn't usually work out very well, in terms of the value vs the price.My guess would be, a used DT25 will be at or below $500-$700 in the current market, and a used HD500x, probably around $300?

Is that $$ really going to make the difference when you 'brand B' new gear is basically in the $4,000 price range? I guess so.. But the equipment itself has more value as equipment. The DT25 is still a killer amp, all by itself... And I mean, common sense would dictate, at the very least, learn how to use the HD500 as a MIDI controller for the damn Axe FX, right?

But I get it. It's like they feel as if a relationship is ending, and people all have different styles for the breakup.

All I can say to Gazza Bloom, is Keep Making Good Music! The gear matters not; it's a privilege and an honor to be able to make music, don't ever forget it. The gear isn't channeling that music, YOU are. The audience isn't there to see your gear, they are there for you and your music.

Music, of all that Humans have invented, is likely the greatest accomplishment of the species, in all the time we've been on Earth.

To quote JK Rowling by way of Albus Dumbledore:

~"Ah, music! A magic beyond all we do here!"~

Best of luck to you Gazza Bloom, and don't be a stranger! Report back with some killer sound samples, you know you want to :)

• Upvote 2

We don't care about anything YOU have to say either......take your own advice and JUST LEAVE your nasty comments to yourself.

+1. Rude lil man.

Did those that impulsively acted on the OP's thread think how this would appear to others ? i mean if i where new to this forum, just reading

this would turn me off wanting to be here. I don't think some of you realize how bitter and cynical you have become posting day in day out.

My biggest beef here isn't DSP horsepower, or firmware updates, or tech support, my biggest beef would be this community. Theres some

really decent people here, but these prolific daily posters and their sarcastic attitudes can make this experience quite off putting for the rest.

Imagine if some sales guy at some retail outlet kicked you out the door cause you decided to purchase something else, you'd wanna punch

him in the face and never go back right ? Way to leave a bad taste in his mouth lol, he'll probably never wanna come back based on this.

Then again, its an AXE FX, i'd say "up yours, im never coming back" to everyone too after getting one of these ! 

• Upvote 2

My line 6 journey is over, I have just ordered a Axe-FX II XL+.

Congrats, GazzaBloom—whatever keeps you playing guitar. The AxeFX II XL+ is a nice piece of kit.  :)

Line 6ers own gear from lots of different companies, including a couple Fractal boxes.

Everyone play nice, please.

• Upvote 4

My line 6 journey is over, I have just ordered a Axe-FX II XL+ and Atomic CLR FRFR wedge monitor.

It's been a frustrating time spent with the Line 6 PODHD500X and DT25, both on Ebay now.

I hope that the Axe-Fx will help me reach the tones I desire and allow me to spend more time on playing.

Adios Amigos!

One more thing... If forum rules allow, copy the eBay listing for your gear!! There are plenty of folks here who would be happy to buy your stuff for a good price.. :)

• Upvote 1