Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any indication on the status of the spring 2019 update

Evan329

It's possible. But spring ends June 21 so it wouldn't be considered late until after that. It's a target date that can be beat or missed based on unpredictable events during final testing. Nobody - even in Line 6 - knows for sure at this point. Anything you'll see here is just speculation.

Edit: An afterthought.... I think a prudent plan for you would be to not expect the update before late June. Meanwhile, you could do your new recording anytime. Record the dry guitar tracks and then purchase/use Helix Native v1.8 to re-amp when it is released at the same time as Helix v2.8.

Here's how this generally goes.

About 3 - 6 months after any update there is a "when's the next update" rumble on the forums. It kind of comes and goes like the tide for awhile UNTIL the "I heard there's one coming shortly" rumors.

Then comes the what they should and shouldn't include along with the "this is what I heard" and "it should be coming come out......" speculation. That whole noise floor keeps rising and rising along with the "what's taking so long" posts until people start to think they can't take all of this waiting anymore. Now a couple of "I'm a beta tester and we're still testing" posts.........

Then the big "an update is coming announcement".

Then the "anyone heard anything about when?" and/or "what's taking so long?" posts.

THEN!!!!!!..............the update finally comes. At this point the "it's been two hours where's the next update" jokes (often from yours truly) and the "great work Line 6" posts start along with the "this sucks", "why didn't they...", "well you suck if you think this sucks", "well you suck if you don't think this sucks", "are there any new factory patches?" etc. etc. posts. Finally it settles down until about 3-6 months after that. Go back to start. Did I miss anything?

As far as Line 6 saying anything officially. There's no pattern really. Maybe a "one is in the pipe" post (that has happened obviously) and a semi official "we're close" post about a week or two before it finally comes out (that has not happened yet). The last official timeline given was sometime in the spring which ends in June. So no one will hear about anything until a Line 6 peep says something. Then we'll all have heard it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, billybremner said:

Mentioning the "U" word is strictly forbidden until the "U" is posted. Failure to comply will mean 1 weeks postponement of the "U" per mention.

You fackin Ugga!!! Did yo mama was Ugga as U?? Just kidding with the U word...

1 hour ago, brue58ski said:

Here's how this generally goes.

About 3 - 6 months after any update there is a "when's the next update" rumble on the forums. It kind of comes and goes like the tide for awhile UNTIL the "I heard there's one coming shortly" rumors.

Then comes the what they should and shouldn't include along with the "this is what I heard" and "it should be coming come out......" speculation. That whole noise floor keeps rising and rising along with the "what's taking so long" posts until people start to think they can't take all of this waiting anymore. Now a couple of "I'm a beta tester and we're still testing" posts.........

Then the big "an update is coming announcement".

Then the "anyone heard anything about when?" and/or "what's taking so long?" posts.

THEN!!!!!!..............the update finally comes. At this point the "it's been two hours where's the next update" jokes (often from yours truly) and the "great work Line 6" posts start along with the "this sucks", "why didn't they...", "well you suck if you think this sucks", "well you suck if you don't think this sucks", "are there any new factory patches?" etc. etc. posts. Finally it settles down until about 3-6 months after that. Go back to start. Did I miss anything?

As far as Line 6 saying anything officially. There's no pattern really. Maybe a "one is in the pipe" post (that has happened obviously) and a semi official "we're close" post about a week or two before it finally comes out (that has not happened yet). The last official timeline given was sometime in the spring which ends in June. So no one will hear about anything until a Line 6 peep says something. Then we'll all have heard it.

The only thing you missed was the inevitable lament that the interval between updates is unacceptable, because Fractal schedules one every 17.3 minutes...

30 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

The only thing you missed was the inevitable lament that the interval between updates is unacceptable, because Fractal schedules one every 17.3 minutes...

Great, you made me pause briefly to convert the .3 minutes part to seconds...

You know, I am so glad I didn't ask this question.  Wait, does responding to the question perpetuate the question?  And does perpetuating the question delay the delivery of what the question is concerning?

All, don't beat me up too bad .. I am just joking.

:-)

Dennis

1 hour ago, jpdennis said:

You know, I am so glad I didn't ask this question.  Wait, does responding to the question perpetuate the question?  And does perpetuating the question delay the delivery of what the question is concerning?

All, don't beat me up too bad .. I am just joking.

:-)

Dennis

If Woody had gone straight to the police....

3 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Since this post is turning into a black hole of all things update, I might as well ask:

1. Any news on when 3.0 is going to be released?

2. What do we think it will have?

1. Sometime after the 2.8 update.

2. No one who knows will say anything.

That's as good as the info will get until a Line 6 person says something. And they don't talk much about that.

1 minute ago, brue58ski said:

1. Sometime after the 2.8 update.

2. No one who knows will say anything.

That's as good as the info will get until a Line 6 person says something. And they don't talk much about that.

Agreed. I was betting it was after the 2.8, but BEFORE the 3.1.

Those sneaky Line 6 bastards though. You never know. 

22 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Since this post is turning into a black hole of all things update, I might as well ask:

1)  2/19/2020 @ 3:11 pm, GMT

2) Around the office they're calling it the "safe space update"...100% personalized. A brand new 24/7 hotline will address any and every ridiculous/fleeting complaint. By lunch the following day you'll be downloading your very own 3.ME! update. For an extra $50 you'll get your very own "Gripes", the official L6 plush Firmware Bear... machine washable. Nothing worse than a teddy bear with grown-man tear stains on it.  ;)

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

I believe on 2020 just specs. I hope separate power amp.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, cruisinon2 said:

And one more.... Where's the tuner for the editor?!?

Thank God no one has mentioned the tuner any more. ;-)

Thats NOT gonna happen (and neither is my tuner im thinking),  and will continue as series two is coming soon bud lol!

Cue the spikes!!!

; )

On 4/3/2019 at 7:45 AM, Evan329 said:

Before recording some new music I would like to incorporate the Rev amp models. Does anybody think will have access to update before May?

Very very interesting topic. Subscribed.