Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

silverhead

Line 6 Expert
  • Posts

    12,411
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    411

Everything posted by silverhead

  1. Have you purchased a Pod Farm license for the latest Pod Farm software? If so, have you run the Line 6 License Manager to activate Pod Farm and authorize your PC?
  2. My support ticket has been closed with Line 6 acknowledging that this is a bug and that they are working on a fix.
  3. Why not just try it and find out? Make sure you keep a copy of the original file.
  4. Have you selected Guitar as the input source in Pod Farm (the Mixer page)?
  5. Good. I believe your ticket related to the HD500. I hope to get the same result for the Pod HD Pro.
  6. I am going to see this through to the point where it is logged as a bug, or a reasonable explanation provided as to why not. But, realistically, I think that's all we can expect right now. It will be logged for inclusion in some future firmware release, if any, but I don't think it warrants a firmware release on its own merits. It's a fairly obscure bug that applies to very specific circumstances, and there's an easy workaround. Knowing about this bug, in future I will be sure to pause audio playback, or simply turn the Pod HD Master Volume down, momentarily while I disengage the tuner. Problem avoided.
  7. The first response to my ticket was incorrect - it stated that the issue is fixed in the latest firmware. I have responded to keep the ticket open, and requested that support attempt to reproduce the issue. That should be easy to do.
  8. I'm sure most everyone has a guess. But that's all they are - guesses. Yours is as good as theirs. It's the standard technology dilemma. There's a virtual guarantee that any technology you buy today will be outpaced 'soon'. How soon? Nobody knows. But anyone who consistently defers a purchase of current technology for fear of it soon being obsolete still owns an Atari as their only computer, and has never purchased a smart phone from any manufacturer. Are the advantages of the HD500x vs. the HD500 worth the cost to upgrade? Not in my opinion, unless you are really roadblocked by the DSP capacity of the HD500, and/or you really hate its footswitches.
  9. The settings are preset-specific. Only the amp in the current preset is affected when you change settings. When you select a different preset, the stored settings for that preset are effective; the physical position of the knobs at that point are ignored. The new settings will change only if/when you move the knob again.
  10. A fairly simple thing to experiment with is the HD500 Output mode in conjunction with the selected amp, mic, and cab models. When using a power amp/cab, the HD500 typically sounds best in one of the Live output modes. In this situation users will often use the PRE-version of the selected amp model (i.e. no mic/cab simulation; you have the physical power amp/cab handling that aspect of the sound). However, when using headphones you typically want to use Studio output mode with the FULL-version of the modeled amp, along with mic and cab model selections (which your headphones do not provide/simulate).
  11. Maybe the asterisk remains even though the patch has, in fact, been restored? Test this by making a really obvious-sounding change to the patch then try to restore it using footswitches to change to a different patch then back again. Might also be worth firing up Gearbox to see if the GET command restores it.
  12. Are you running Gearbox while doing this? If so, use the GET command to restore the preset.
  13. Line 6 offers a few free backing tracks in conjunction with the Jammit app, available with the Line 6 Sonic Port product. That's all that I am aware of. However, you need to purchase most of the Jammit tracks.
  14. Just reselect the patch using the foot switch. You may have to select a different patch first, then back to the original. To prevent this from happening, try 'parking' the silver knobs by moving them to the end position, right or left.
  15. It makes sense that you don't hear any sound from your internal laptop speakers. Once you connect your Studio GX it becomes your soundcard; your internal speakers are bypassed and all sound from your computer is heard from the GX audio outputs. You need to connect speakers to those outputs. However, the above means that you should be hearing sound from your guitar through the GX headphones output. You can hear it when you do the sound test so that part is working. Like TheRealZap suggests, check the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Control Panel. Also double check all volume levels, especially the Output level in Pod Farm.
  16. All of the products you mention - Toneport, GuitarPort and Gearbox - are discontinued and if not already unsupported will be unsupported sooner rather than later. Why not look at the current products that are designed to do the same: the Studio series of audio interfaces which include a Pod Farm license?
  17. This also happens with HD Pro firmware v2.20. Based on what I hear, I wouldn't describe it as a squeal, or feedback. What I hear is more like a very brief but dramatic increase in the volume level of the playback as you exit the tuner. I think it could cause equipment or physical (ear) damage if the volume is at a loud level when the tuner is engaged. I will also open a ticket. Just curious: does this also happen with the cd/mp3 input on the HD500 when, say, an mp3 backing track is being played? The HD Pro doesn't have this input so I can't test it, but the info may be useful for Line 6 in resolving this issue.
  18. I think you are referring to two different HD500 'loops' in your description: the FX Loop and the Looper that supports recording. If the volume levels you are having trouble with relate to the Looper (not the FX Loop) you can control those levels. Select the Looper in the signal chain view. The display will show controls for the Record and Playback Looper volumes. Try adjusting those.
  19. I don't think you need to reproduce it, FrozenOzone. hurghanico is running 2.31 and Line 6 should be able to reproduce it with that. I will also try to reproduce it on my HD Pro running v2.20 since it seems you noticed it with this version on the HD500.
  20. Sounds like this is reproducible and should be reported to Line 6, perhaps by you this time hurghanico. That will be evidence for Line 6 that the problem is not FrozenOzone's equipment. And also - you have a good track record in having reported bugs fixed in a firmware update! There shouldn't be squealing in any case, but was your Tuner in Mute mode when you heard this?
  21. Regarding JTV firmware, the update from v1.9 to v2.0 was significant. It changed the modeling for all electric guitar models using what Line 6 calls HD technology. Some users prefer the v1.9 modeling, others prefer the v2.0 modeling. I suggest you experiment with both and come to your own conclusion about which version sounds better to you.
  22. I'm not 100% sure but you may not even have to move to another preset. Just stomp on the current preset selector switch and it should replace the modified preset with the original stored preset.
  23. Go here: http://line6.com/software/index.html In the Software selection area, scroll down and select Vyzex Editor. Then download and install it.
  24. You can't record the incoming backing tracks/song unless you connect them to the Pod's processing inputs. The Pod only sends its own sounds to your computer for recording. It does not send its incoming usb stream nor the input from its cd/mp3 player.
  25. This sounds to me like there may be one or more corrupt patches in your HD500. After the update, did you reset the Global Parameters and calibrate the pedal, as recommended? When you updated, did you choose to keep or replace your existing patches? I know that in past updates there have been situations where it is best to back up all your custom setlists before updating, choose to replace them all during the update process, and then restore the setlists after the update. I know this shouldn't be necessary (after all, why do they give you the option to retain presets if it can cause issues?) but sometimes it seems to happen. In particular, I know this happened in some cases with a previous HD500 firmware update that addressed a very similar noise issue. Since then, as a precaution I always follow this methodology. If this continues to occur I might try rolling back the firmware to your previous version. If the issue disappears, back up your setlists and do the above. Hopefully this may resolve the issue.
×
×
  • Create New...