HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

On 7/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, sd_kirk said:

I think this is the bit that has confused me - if the global settings had been reset to factory defaults (which I was expecting to happen having read about the update before carrying it out), then I would have gone back through the instructions, spotted my mistake and reloaded the back up, but as all the global settings retained my adjusted settings I didn't double check.

Maybe it just depends what you're updating to / from or something, but needless to say I'll be more careful next time!  Better safe than sorry...

An upgrade that retains the global settings cuts down on a huge number of errant "my HX device is broken or different from before the upgrade" support calls and posts. Although the restore of the global settings may have been Line6's only objective and the only reason they posted that in the update instructions I did not make that assumption. You will notice they did not instruct you to uncheck your user/factory setlists(that is a restore option) and only restore the global settings.  For all I know there might have been some additional piece of processing that ensured a smoother upgrade on your setlists if they were restored as well.

I actually was curious as to whether the intent was just the globals or if restore was also necessary for reprocessing the presets to be compatible with the new firmware when I saw the instructions on my last upgrade. Without more detailed guidance from Line6 I try to follow the upgrade instructions to the letter. Since Line6 did not include  the reason for the restore, that included the setlists/presets.

• Upvote 1

HX Stomp

I too am having tuner problems like those reported on pages 45 and 50 of this thread. When I enter Tuner mode shortly after booting the pedal, the Tuner sometimes does not register any signal. I have to reboot and then wait 20-30 seconds before touching any switches. This problem began after I updated to 2.9 and continues now after an update to 2.92.

My helix keeps automatically turning the tuner on when Im in my DAW and I have 0 clue why. It randomly started one night in the middle of a recording session and hasn't gone back to normal. It doesn't do this when Im not in the DAW, only in the DAW. Ive tried updating it, Ive tried downgrading it and then updating it again. Ive tweaked the tempo/tap send and receive settings. I cant get in touch with customer service and when I texted the customer service people I got no reply. I cant record while the tuner is on. Someone please explain what is going on and how to fix it. Ive been heavily discouraged. 

6 hours ago, Cmv120 said:

My helix keeps automatically turning the tuner on when Im in my DAW and I have 0 clue why. It randomly started one night in the middle of a recording session and hasn't gone back to normal. It doesn't do this when Im not in the DAW, only in the DAW. Ive tried updating it, Ive tried downgrading it and then updating it again. Ive tweaked the tempo/tap send and receive settings. I cant get in touch with customer service and when I texted the customer service people I got no reply. I cant record while the tuner is on. Someone please explain what is going on and how to fix it. Ive been heavily discouraged. 

Hi,

I understand you are not happy with the issue of the tuner stopping you from recording, but when you are seeking assistance from other users, it helpful to us to know exactly what computer configuration, OS and DAW you a having this issue with.

There are too many options to simply guess what is causing this problem. Sadly, we also have zero clue, therefore no one here can help without this information.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

6 hours ago, Cmv120 said:

This sounds like your DAW is sending MDI CC 68 to the Helix to activate the tuner. Try changing the midi channel in the global settings on the Helix. You can also use a midi message monitor to see if you daw is sending CC 68.

Hello all. I've noticed a weird thing about the multi band compressor. While playing a few chords with my acoustic guitar (through a looper block), and having the multiband comp with all three bands at 0db threshold and gain (supposedly no compression at all), the sound clearly differs when comp is on or off. When on, the midrange honkiness goes away. However, the meters show no compression (as it's supposed to be).

If I do the same with other blocks, there is no change in the sound... But the multi band comp makes that colouration. Is this normal?

5 hours ago, dheran said:

Hello all. I've noticed a weird thing about the multi band compressor. While playing a few chords with my acoustic guitar (through a looper block), and having the multiband comp with all three bands at 0db threshold and gain (supposedly no compression at all), the sound clearly differs when comp is on or off. When on, the midrange honkiness goes away. However, the meters show no compression (as it's supposed to be).

If I do the same with other blocks, there is no change in the sound... But the multi band comp makes that colouration. Is this normal?

There are both "Level" and "Gain" settings as well that can boost or reduce volume. That may be what's happening when the pedal comes on.

22 minutes ago, chrisakinhan said:

There are both "Level" and "Gain" settings as well that can boost or reduce volume. That may be what's happening when the pedal comes on.

Yes, forgot to say that level control was at 0db too. The block shouldn't have any effect with my settings. BUT, I think the only thing going on is a level loss of about 4 db. If I add those 4db to the level parameter, thinks seem to be right. Maybe the level is mostly remarking that mid frequencies.

So the question should've been: did anyone noticed that 4db loss in level through the multicomp?

On 8/17/2020 at 6:29 PM, jdomine said:

This sounds like your DAW is sending MDI CC 68 to the Helix to activate the tuner. Try changing the midi channel in the global settings on the Helix. You can also use a midi message monitor to see if you daw is sending CC 68.

Hey thank you, I will check this. And for the other guy before you I am using a Mac mini OSX.. and Logic Pro X. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Also sorry I was so pissed hahahaha 

2 hours ago, Cmv120 said:

Hey thank you, I will check this. And for the other guy before you I am using a Mac mini OSX.. and Logic Pro X. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Also sorry I was so pissed hahahaha 

Hey, the MIDI CC 68 could well be the solution to your problem. Also, I fully understand the annoyance of the tuner kicking in unexpectedly, but as you said that this started “randomly” during a session, there could well have been other factors involved.
Knowing your OS and DAW can help narrow the field when troubleshooting mysterious glitches.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck