Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Models you wish they would add...

RandyBrooks

I think this would be a grand time to finally roll out some HX reverbs in both stereo and mono versions.

Seconded!

Mono versions would be great for when I want mono rhythm L, and mono rhythm R. 

Another thing that would greatly help would be able to have multiple merge points for both paths.  As it sits now I can only split, and merge once per path, unless I am doing something wrong...

Another thing that would greatly help would be able to have multiple merge points for both paths. As it sits now I can only split, and merge once per path, unless I am doing something wrong...

Agreed, this would be an excellent piece of functionality. There are a few different Ideascale submissions on the subject, vote them up!

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-splitting-options-for-Path-A-and-B/833936-23508

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-splits-per-path/860596-23508

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-Parallel-Paths/860595-23508

Thanks! Voted all 3.

Amps:

1. Fender Tweed Princeton
  2. Fender Tweed 5e5 Pro 
  3. Fender Tweed Bandmaster 
  4. Fender High Power Tweed Twin 
  5. Fender Low Power Tweed Twin 
  6. Fender Tweed Bassman
  7. Fender Silverface Bassman head
  8. Silvertone 1484
  9. Marshall Jubilee
  10. Marshall Major "Big Pig"

Delays:

1. Binson Echorec (including the multi head features of the original)
  2. Space Echo
  3. Terra Echo
  4. Oilcan Delay
  5. 2290 Digital Delay

Reverbs:

1. Wet 
  2. Soft Focus
  3. Reverse
  4. Choral
  5. Symphonic Hall (Lexicon)

Modulation:

1. T-Wah / Auto-Wah
  2. Fixed / Cocked Wah

Distortion / OD:

1. MXR Dist+
  2. Treble Booster
  3. Mk I Tonebender
  4. Lovepedal Tchula
  5. Hermida Tiki Drive
  6. Skreddy Screwdriver
  7. Mad Professor Sweet Honey Deluxe
  8. JHS Superbolt
  9. Boss SD-1
  10. Boss OD-3

LordByron,

A few you listed are already in the Helix, so maybe you haven't updated yet. What's your Firmware at right now?

Silvertone 1484 = Amp > Mail Order Twin

BOSS SD-1 = Distortion > Stupor OD

2290 Digital Delay = Delay > Ducked Delay

Fixed/Cocked Wah = Wah > (any one), then set the Q controller as one of the EXP options, and (when it's engaged) move to the heel position of the EXP pedal, and then leave it cocked... once you do all of that, you'll have a cocked wah

**and while it's not a pure MXR Distortion+, there is a KWB (Distortion), which is based off of a Ben Adrian-modded MXR Distortion+, which I liked very much... try that one out, it is: Distortion > KWB

@TheDudeTrey,

Thanks! I had not recognized those ones that you listed, although I am pretty new to the Helix (just got mine last week), so maybe I would have figgured it out eventually. In any event, you certinaly saved me some time and effort. I appreciate it!

It seems to me that what we all want is some sort of database of amps/effects/verbs/delays etc that is available online from Line 6, where we can log in, download a particular one, load it up and use it.

I use IRs here and there, and have lots of them saved on my mac, but I don't load them all into my helix...I audition them and load in the ones I want.

If we had the aforementioned database then we could make the Helix the box we want, and probably free up DSP too by being able to 'unload' the things we don't use.

I guess my suggestion is that Helix really does become a more 'blank canvas' tool, with access to all the things we may need/want, from a download section on Line 6's website.

Prior to Helix my main amp was a Fender Super Sonic. The amps clean channel is already well represented by the existing Fender offerings in Helix, but the two stage "BURN" channel is a pretty unique thing and I'd love to see it modeled. I just sold that Super Sonic, so I'm a bit misty eyed and nostalgic about the whole thing right now...  :P

• Upvote 1

Prior to Helix my main amp was a Fender Super Sonic. The amps clean channel is already well represented by the existing Fender offerings in Helix, but the two stage "BURN" channel is a pretty unique thing and I'd love to see it modeled. I just sold that Super Sonic, so I'm a bit misty eyed and nostalgic about the whole thing right now...  :P

I had the 60W original version of that amp. That is an AMAZING and underrated amp.

I had the 60W original version of that amp. That is an AMAZING and underrated amp.

Agreed! I had the 22, an FSR edition with a Greenback in place of the Eminence. And high-speed orange tolex. I don't regret selling it yet, but probably I will, haha! 

I went ahead and submitted this to Ideascale...

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Fender-Super-Sonic-BURN-channel/893243-23508?submitted=1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The overdrive selection is somewhat limited. I'd like to see a Timmy added. With the quality of the amps and ability to assign parameters to a FS, you really don't need overdrives like you might in a traditional rig, but they are still fun. Other than that, I'd like to see them continue to expand the amp selection. I'd like a Dumble or Fuchs. The current line of amps are wonderful. This is unlike most units I've owned where I could only find a couple of amps that I liked. I am actually using 12 of the amps right now. I could easily be using another 4 or 5, butI just haven't taken the time to dial up the patches. 

The "Teemah!" overdrive is based on the Paul Cochrane Timmy Overdrive

I think this would be a grand time to finally roll out some HX reverbs in both stereo and mono versions.

There is a video somewhere in this forum where Digital Igloo states that they are working on the reverbs. I know the ones they have now were ported from the HD500 so I always suspected that they would be redone. I would say the latest they show up will be 3.0 but I'm hoping they'll be in the next update. They were shooting for this month which usually means next month. Not because they're trying to trick anyone, just the way it usually goes.

There is a video somewhere in this forum where Digital Igloo states that they are working on the reverbs. I know the ones they have now were ported from the HD500 so I always suspected that they would be redone. I would say the latest they show up will be 3.0 but I'm hoping they'll be in the next update. They were shooting for this month which usually means next month. Not because they're trying to trick anyone, just the way it usually goes.

I think he said they would NOT be in the next update, but they were hoping to deliver new HX verbs for NAMM.

There are three HX reverbs that are done or very nearly done according to DI over the TGP, and hopefully more after that... They're not being released with 2.30, though... That timeframe is probably more like after NAMM.

My wish list...

Amps:

Tweed Twin 

Tone King Imperial

Princeton Reverb

Tweed Harvard

Top Hat Ambassador 35

Cabs:

2X10 Ceramic and/or alnico (or mixed)

2X12 with a Silver Bell and a G12H30

Oversized 1X12 with a V30

Effects:

JHS Angry Charlie

Red Llama

CMATMODS Signa Drive

Rock Box Boiling Point

BB Preamp (would be nice to see an EP and a RC, too!!)

Way Huge Camel Toe (just to see what Alternate Name Line 6 would come up with! Ha - "big knuckle" ?)

My hoped for list:-

Amps

Marshall Bluesbreaker combo with the KT66 tubes and Celestion Greenbacks

Dumble OD Special

68 Fender Duluxe Reverb

Pedals

Treble boost

Carpe Diem

Zendrive

Boss BD2 bluesdriver

also would like better reverds and a Watkins copycat guess I am showing my age

This might be far from traditional effects modeling, but I think it would be great if they could implement discreet analog synth modules:  Oscillators, LFOs, Filters, VCAs, Envelope generators, noise sources, sequencers, gates, etc.  And then be able to use the "voltage" outputs of these things as controllers for other block parameters.

The flexibility of the block ordering, routing, splitting, controller assignment of the Helix seems like it would lend itself pretty nicely creating a virtual patchable analog synth.  Plus, most stomp boxes don't allow for external, dynamic control of their parameters.  You could add that functionality with the Helix.  It would really open things up for some way outside-the-box sound creation.

This might be far from traditional effects modeling, but I think it would be great if they could implement discreet analog synth modules:  Oscillators, LFOs, Filters, VCAs, Envelope generators, noise sources, sequencers, gates, etc.  And then be able to use the "voltage" outputs of these things as controllers for other block parameters.

The flexibility of the block ordering, routing, splitting, controller assignment of the Helix seems like it would lend itself pretty nicely creating a virtual patchable analog synth.  Plus, most stomp boxes don't allow for external, dynamic control of their parameters.  You could add that functionality with the Helix.  It would really open things up for some way outside-the-box sound creation.

I'm liking the cut of your jib, sir......

Just make the current ones sound even better, Helix has plenty of amps from my point of view.

I have never had a need for more three tones anyway. Clean, rhythm and lead and I did exactly that for a decade with a single Marshall JCM 800 and guitar.

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, ability to rename the amps, effect, etc to what I want to name would actually be really cool.

*Edit - Improve the wah fx.

I use my Morley cause of the instant on it does but ewwww, the Helix wah fx just sound awful to me and I would buying a wah pedal if I didn't already have one.

It was not pleasantly surprised by the absence in Helix of the usual synthesizers for PODHD500 (Attack SynthBased for * Korg® X911, Synth StringBased for * Roland® GR700 Guitar Synth.), Which I actively used.
Why they were not added to the new percent for me is a mystery.

Please add it.

Geq 7. These are some of the most important frequencies in the spectrum of guitar processing. To have an eq preset to these frequencies would be saving time. As a matter of fact I’d be surprised if I even have to mention this model at all. To NOT include it at some point would be a glaring oversight.